The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

This is because of the battery, right?

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by BonnyC, Jun 16, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BonnyC

BonnyC Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Georgia
    I gave my uncle a couple of phoenixes, one 3ml and one of the smaller ones. The smaller phoenix lasted a week and the 3ml just one day. They won't fire anymore, at all. And it's happened to him plenty of times before with other cartos/atomizers.

He won't wear a lanyard and he works on cars, which means he drops his e-cig a lot on a concrete floor. So that's one possible cause, I guess. Personally, I think his battery is surging, if that's possible. I took both of the cartos apart once I determined that they simply were not gonna work at all and the coil was blown. Now, I haven't gutted one of these things before, but it looked like the wires were fine. They weren't hanging, they didn't look loose, but I don't know what I should be looking for.

By my logic, if the wires are fine then it wasn't because of it dropping. Any thoughts?

I sent a message along to him, stressing that he needs to check the voltage on his battery! He has a basic ego-c battery and I'm assuming that it's supposed to be standard voltage, 3.2 right?

2. harmonic

harmonic Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    Desoto, Mo
    first thing to always check is pull the center pin up in the pv make sure its making contact - a good blow on concrete could make it move down in there a little. hope this helps

3. Bocephus

Bocephus Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2011
    Kansas
    Would be shocked if a standard ego battery popped one. I have a 3ml and a pack of smalls and I have put over 4 volts through all of them and they work fine. If the battery is old there could very well be a chance the rubber seal that holds the positive pin in place on the ego battery is worn out and its making contact with negative and popping the carto.

Really hard to tell without having it here to look at. He could very well have a bum battery and if its got a short its best to replace it. My advice would be to buy him a kgo battery or two as they are rock solid and the prices on them are good for 1100 mah.

Also make sure he isnt tightening carto's on to tight as that can screw up not only the carto but the battery connection and cause shorts to happen. I only tighten carto's no matter what the type or brand just to where I start to feel some resistance and stop. Saves carto's and batterys.

4. BonnyC

Nov 15, 2010
    Georgia
    I don't think it could have anything to do with the pin on his battery being too low as I tried it on both of mine and lifted the pin to make sure. They're just popped. Hmm. I think he should get another battery just for good measure from a trusted source. I swear, he needs to just give in and get a lanyard! It'll save him money in the long run :laugh:

5. Briar

Briar Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Make him a cool manly one - you know, bone beads, wrenches and nuts - metal nuts, not the other kind. :blink:

6. harmonic

Mar 20, 2011
    Desoto, Mo
    shoot my main lanyard is just a simple black cord (prolly rattail or something its kinda soft and seems indestructible maybe some kind of floss) with a plastic snap clip on the back so i dont strangle myself with it. i think it came off a wearable halloween light my kid had.
    my fancy one is pretty blue and black adrena made me ;) but the oring is too big for a lot of my stuff

for when your working on stuff sometimes the simpler approach is best :laugh::facepalm:

7. rdsok

rdsok ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    Real men don't need a lanyard... but then again real men aren't clumsy and don't drop stuff either... :D

Of course you could get him one of the all stainless, all mechanical mod's like I've got... then whatever he dropped it on would break instead

8. harmonic

Mar 20, 2011
    Desoto, Mo
    well it prolly wouldnt be good if your auto stingray (or whatever) fell out of your mouth and into a running engine or bucket of oil or any number of places that a lanyard would keep it out of lol
    and personally i set crap down and lose it all the time so it helps to keep one on a leash ;)

9. dannoman

dannoman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2010
    Sugar Land, Texas USA
    Mkay...i was gonna suggest our fusica lanyard adorned with daisy needlepoint, but yeah...

10. dannoman

dannoman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2010
    Sugar Land, Texas USA
    BonnyC we do have a black ego lanyard for only 5 or 6 bucks...and it has a 'manly' swirly G on the connector flange...

11. harmonic

Mar 20, 2011
    Desoto, Mo
    say that reminded me - i found a couple old black stickers that were ment to go with some sapphire cartos to make them black to match the kit they came in. just a basic black sticker with 2 juice viewing windows cut out AND they have the swirly G printed on the side. i put one on a vision regular and even though it dosent fit all the way around it does look very classy from the front ;)

12. BonnyC

Nov 15, 2010
    Georgia
    Thanks! Yep, I've bought one of those myself and one for my husband. Unfortunately, the cord became unattached to the plastic bit and I couldn't figure out how to get it back on, so I just strung a chain through the little hole on the ring. In retrospect, I could have just used superglue, but I'm just not a 'thinker' sometimes :laugh:

The cord was really long to me and my e-cig dangled nearly level with my navel. I had to tie a knot in it to shorten it. I mean, it's great, but it just wasn't right for me. My husband likes his, though.

As for my uncle, I don't think he'd use one. I mean, my mom does so he knows how they look and still doesn't want one. He works on cars, so anything on a lanyard is likely to get in the way unless he stuffed it down his shirt. He needs to just put it to the side when he works, but he sticks it in his pocket more often than not, or so I'm told.

I still believe it's his battery, but I haven't heard anything back about whether or not he's checked it.

13. antfuzz

antfuzz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Delaware
    BonnyC,

How about something that will hold it around his waist like a belt pouch.

14. harmonic

Mar 20, 2011
    Desoto, Mo
    mine is pretty short. just long enough i can put my stingray or karma in my shirt pocket. then it out of the way but still protected in case it falls out. i also get in the bad habbit of just letting it fall when i'm done puffin specially if my hands are full. but once in a while i forget when i'm not wearing it and drop the darn thing :facepalm:

15. Briar

Briar Ultra Member ECF Veteran

That's actually a great idea - not being a man and wearing a belt on regular basis, I didn't think of that at all... But this would work very well for people who don't want things hanging from their necks.

And I can see how a mechanic wouldn't want a lanyard, come to thing of it: picture bending over an engine and your eGo banging into things...

I don't recall seeing anything PV-dedicated with a belt clip, but there are lots and lots of little pouches like that all over the place.

16. harleydiva

harleydiva Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Southern Michigan
    Like....maybe a knife holder?

17. BonnyC

Nov 15, 2010
    Georgia
    Wow, that is a great idea! Better patent it! :laugh: Hmm, maybe something similar to a leatherman case. It has a snap top and it's made of really durable leather. The space between the top and the sides is really narrow and nothing's slipping outta that. It's too short, but something like that would be ideal! A knife holder that's made in a similar fashion would also be great.

Hmm... Lots of possibilities...

18. antfuzz

antfuzz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Delaware
  19. nvmedjpain

nvmedjpain Moved On ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2010
    I've hard of guys using belt loop/clip (maglite) flashlight holders. I've been thinking if tryin one for my ProVari.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

20. harleydiva

harleydiva Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Southern Michigan
    That sounds like a perfect solution....probably pick one up at Home Depot or Lowes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.