This is how I ended up finally ordering a Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessiesmile

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2011
NE Arkansas
Hi, my name is Susan, and I hit the order button today. Still a little freaked out.

I have re-thought my color decision to the point of madness, and still am not absolutely certain of my choice. lol (I got the white, with exten. cap, I figure that way i can still use all my various colors of fabulous trip tips, I have collected. )

It is funny how hesitant I have been to "splurge" and get a ProV. I first checked them out about 6 months into vaping, and that was a long time ago.
Unlike a lot of the posts I read, I DO NOT like "new" equipment. I also do not like very many flavors of juice, I like what I like, and when I find it, I stay there.
When I started vaping, it took a couple days of attys and carts and 510 batts and I was looking into something different, something satisfying. Reading on here, I found LR Boges, and Kgos, and I stuck with those for a year. Gave me more or less 8 watts, and I made my own hi-octane juice. I was happy-ish.
After a year of that, I decided I Needed more power, and bigger juice supply, I was tired of carrying a little juice bottle with me everywhere, I went, so I found Ego twists, and a good locking carto tank, that holds 5 mls, and I have been happy-ish with these for another year.
The problem that drove me to looking at the provari again, was finding a reasonable price for genuine Joyetech twist. All the vendors seem to be catering to the mod/rebuildable crowd, (because they shop the most, IMHO) and I have been having a hard time finding the real deal, and then it was often only black and silver! (shudder) lol.
Be that as it may, I just started thinking, that in the long run, the Provari would save me money, because AW's are cheaper than twists.
I don't even know why I worry about it, because me and the old man have saved a ton of dough not smoking....:laugh:

I didn't get the charger from provape, I ordered one from amazon, the XTAR VP1 Intelligent Battery Charger For 10440 / 16340 / 14500 / 14650 / 17670 / 18500 / 18650 / 18700 Li-ion Battery - Amazon.com, but the AW's I got from provape, because I heard about counterfeiting on ebay and amazon.

So there you go. I hope I am as happy as every other ProV owner seems to be, when mine comes in.....and now the wait begins..

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I think it'll be a good fit, for someone who like's what they like - and keeps using it!!
You'll be surprised that it actually vapes better too - I was, and I'd already read 50 posts that said so.

You can also trust AW IMR batteries from RTDVapor, and from nitemods.com.

I also got my charger on Amazon.
And I also didn't get my provari until a couple Ego batteries seemed to be dying.
My logic was:
a) My batteries are all going to start dying. And I'd need a bunch, because I don't feel safe unless I have like 3 of them on me. Maybe I'd feel safe with one ProVari and an emergency backup?
b) My SVD is too damned big to carry around - maybe a ProVari will be small enough?

WIN on both counts. 3 weeks afterwards, I decided "these 2 other egos don't seem to be holding their charge as long as they used to". And...you got it...I ordered another ProVari.
:D

Chessiesmile

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2011
NE Arkansas
Now I have my eyes set on a white swirl IB tank, with beauty ring, then I will be good for a while I think.
I DO think the hubs would do really well with a provape 1, now that I looked at it.
He uses tanks that I set up, and fill,with a LR carto. on a twist that I set around 3.7, and he never fiddles with ANYTHING. He carries a bag with 3 or 4 twists, and an extra tank for work.
One extra AW, in the bag, with tank, would be easier. (there is also the MVP in his glove box, Just in case..... I got it for him, and he didn't like the form factor)
He carries his PV in the chest pocket of his overalls, and that is why he really likes the twists, they fit like a fat pencil in one of the slots. On provape site, the P.1 is next to a lighter, and looks pretty small, I put a lighter up to my 650 twist, and it doesn't seem much bigger.

Does anyone have any experience with the provape 1? I don't think I ever have heard any mention of it on the threads I have read.
I would like to see one next to a twist. Also would like to know the how long the batteries for them last?

good choice on the provari, ive had mine for 9 months been using it everyday and i work construction.
This device is built to last, just keep it clean with 99% iso alchohol and delox for your threads.

you can source these items for much less that what provape is charging
delox-homedepot in the electrical section
alchohol-any local pharmacy will carry this, dont buy the 70% iso it can damage the board, get 99%

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Does anyone have any experience with the provape 1? I don't think I ever have heard any mention of it on the threads I have read.
I would like to see one next to a twist. Also would like to know the how long the batteries for them last?
No personal experience with the ProVape 1, but I've read up on it, and I keep my eyes open for posts on it here at ECF. It's basically a 3.7 volt ProVari Light with a lifetime warranty.

You might find this helpful:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-video-reviews/79562-provape-com-pv1-review.html

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You'll love it. I adore mine. And hey! If you need a color change, they have really pretty wraps! I got the stainless ProVari and put a wrap on it (purple butterfly). I just put a new tank on it too, and I have never had such a good experience in the last...well month that I've been vaping.

I also may or may not have kidnapped my husband's Sigelei telescopic mod. What? He's not using it and I got it working? :D

Chessiesmile

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2011
NE Arkansas
I have ALREADY been picking out wraps!! LOL Not buying, mind you......yet ;) Seeing as how I spent over $300 yesterday, (I ordered an IBtanked 22mm bold white swirl tank, with beauty ring, as well as Provari, and charger) That was a BIG plus to me that you can wrap, and change the colors! I am so excited, I can't stand mysellf!!!LOL
You'll love it. I adore mine. And hey! If you need a color change, they have really pretty wraps! I got the stainless ProVari and put a wrap on it (purple butterfly). I just put a new tank on it too, and I have never had such a good experience in the last...well month that I've been vaping.

I also may or may not have kidnapped my husband's Sigelei telescopic mod. What? He's not using it and I got it working? :D
"you" got it working? Sounds like my house, I work with all the equipment, AND make our own juice. Troy just wants it WORKING, and the tank full, and doesn't care to know the whys, and hows. My guy can take the pieces of an industrial boiler, and install them in a factory, then attach a spiderweb of pipes, 20 feet overhead, but is stymied by a carto tank.....lol

Chessiesmile

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2011
NE Arkansas

Chessiesmile

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2011
NE Arkansas
The size is the main question, I have. The lifetime warranty, the voltage, and simplicity are perfection, but if it won't fit in the old mans overall bib pocket so it is convenient for work, he just
WON'T USE it.......this I know for SURE.... thank you for the link!!
No personal experience with the ProVape 1, but I've read up on it, and I keep my eyes open for posts on it here at ECF. It's basically a 3.7 volt ProVari Light with a lifetime warranty.

You might find this helpful:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-video-reviews/79562-provape-com-pv1-review.html

Chessiesmile

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2011
NE Arkansas
All of your logic seems sound to ME!!!! Makes PERFECT sense. :) I almost bought the batts. at RTD, but at the checkout, the price was about the same as provape, so I just added them on to my order for the ProV. I am an avid forum reader, though I don't post often. I never make any vaping decisions without researching obsessively first on here. LOL
I think it'll be a good fit, for someone who like's what they like - and keeps using it!!
You'll be surprised that it actually vapes better too - I was, and I'd already read 50 posts that said so.

You can also trust AW IMR batteries from RTDVapor, and from nitemods.com.

I also got my charger on Amazon.
And I also didn't get my provari until a couple Ego batteries seemed to be dying.
My logic was:
a) My batteries are all going to start dying. And I'd need a bunch, because I don't feel safe unless I have like 3 of them on me. Maybe I'd feel safe with one ProVari and an emergency backup?
b) My SVD is too damned big to carry around - maybe a ProVari will be small enough?

WIN on both counts. 3 weeks afterwards, I decided "these 2 other egos don't seem to be holding their charge as long as they used to". And...you got it...I ordered another ProVari.
:D

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have ALREADY been picking out wraps!! LOL Not buying, mind you......yet ;) Seeing as how I spent over $300 yesterday, (I ordered an IBtanked 22mm bold white swirl tank, with beauty ring, as well as Provari, and charger) That was a BIG plus to me that you can wrap, and change the colors! I am so excited, I can't stand mysellf!!!LOL "you" got it working? Sounds like my house, I work with all the equipment, AND make our own juice. Troy just wants it WORKING, and the tank full, and doesn't care to know the whys, and hows. My guy can take the pieces of an industrial boiler, and install them in a factory, then attach a spiderweb of pipes, 20 feet overhead, but is stymied by a carto tank.....lol

Ok I figured out why it wasn't working:p (it apparently doesn't like Kanger tanks, he doesn't need to know how easy that was). But yeah, the guy can lead missions, plan stratefy, take apart and reassemble weaponry, and lead a bunch of guys to battle...but I'm the fixer at home with anything that has electriity:p

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
The size is the main question, I have. The lifetime warranty, the voltage, and simplicity are perfection, but if it won't fit in the old mans overall bib pocket so it is convenient for work, he just
WON'T USE it.......this I know for SURE.... thank you for the link!!
You might want to send Classwife a private message. She's not vocal about it, but it's her main mod and she's been using it for 4 years now (I think). She can probably tell you anything you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread