This is really frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdunlapx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
Ohio, USA
No matter which atty I use I keep getting this awful burnt taste. I even cleaned the atty's in boiled water (in a bowl) and they still taste awful. Plus the stupid atty's are not vaporizing anymore. I'm so angry.

If this keeps happening, I'm going to buy a different PV. I currently have a 510.

4 atty's all be bad? I just ordered one more atty and am going to see if it works. If not, I'll be switching to probably a pen-style. not sure which one yet though.

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
I'm confused, you say they aren't vaporizing at all any more and yet you also say they taste burnt. If they aren't vaporizing, how can you taste that they are burnt? So you tried to clean them...did you blow them out afterwards? Then drip 2-3 drops of juice on the bridge and try to vape? Are you sure your battery is charged fully? Details woman! I need details!

xdunlapx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
Ohio, USA
be sure to put enough juice on them even to the point of flooding them. you can always blow out any excess if that happens.

I always "flood" my carts. So that the excess wicks into the atty. Just one drop more than it allows in the cart.

I don't chain vape, I do vape it hot when I vape about every half hour. But I can't believe that all of my atty's are bad. I had heard about bad atty's for the 510 but if they are bad, then I need to quit buying them and say forget it to the 510. I'm willing to try another ecig. At this point I'd rather keep to carts and not cartos. I saw a video on how to refill a carto and it was insane. You have to remove like 3 or 4 different things in order to get to the carto filler.

xdunlapx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
Ohio, USA
I'm confused, you say they aren't vaporizing at all any more and yet you also say they taste burnt. If they aren't vaporizing, how can you taste that they are burnt? So you tried to clean them...did you blow them out afterwards? Then drip 2-3 drops of juice on the bridge and try to vape? Are you sure your battery is charged fully? Details woman! I need details!

When I look at the atty with the cart off and press the manual button and hold it down, the atty should vaporize any juice left in there. I've dropped two drops onto the atty bridge and watched it not vaporize anything. At least not that a strong vapor is produced.

I cleaned them with nearly boiling water (it boiled and when I poured it into a bowl with the atty's it had quit boiling). I swished them around with tongs and took each one of them and swished it back and forth to move the hot water inside the atty. I did that for about 5 minutes. I took them out and let them cool down and then blew out the excess water from them and let them air dry. They are dry now.

My battery was fully charged when I started doing all of this. I can hear the atty sizzling but it never produces vapor.

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
If you hear the atty sizzling then it is still trying to process the water. Water won't vaporize at the same temp as our juices do, the water needs to completly dry out before you can reprime with juice and try to vape again with them. Some people stand their attys on top of lit light bulbs to help dry them out, or you could try a blow dryer or just wait. Stand them on end, mouthpiece end down/battery end up, and wait 48 hours or try one of the other methods. Don't give up on them yet!

xdunlapx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
Ohio, USA
If you hear the atty sizzling then it is still trying to process the water. Water won't vaporize at the same temp as our juices do, the water needs to completly dry out before you can reprime with juice and try to vape again with them. Some people stand their attys on top of lit light bulbs to help dry them out, or you could try a blow dryer or just wait. Stand them on end, mouthpiece end down/battery end up, and wait 48 hours or try one of the other methods. Don't give up on them yet!

It used to sizzle before I cleaned them. That's why I cleaned them. So it's not acting any differently than it did before which is why I'm so frustrated. I don't know. I might buy a Vapor King. I hear nothing but good reviews about them. But first I want to try all I can to get this 510 working right. It's only 14 days old.

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Take a look at highping's thread about cleaning an atty..and give that a try..
Depending on juice and flavor..and the fact that you said that you are flooding them (from the ammount you said you're putting in them it sounds like you are)
they might just be super super gunked up..

EDIT: just in my opinion...cartos have their place...usually it's far away from me...maybe it's me but I started with a 510 (since moved to an eGo but that's neither here nor there) and well the cartos just don't taste right (with the exception of menthol) ..and the draw on a KR8 is super airy and the vapor production quite a bit less than the 510..

Last edited:

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Take a look at highping's thread about cleaning an atty..and give that a try..
Depending on juice and flavor..and the fact that you said that you are flooding them (from the ammount you said you're putting in them it sounds like you are)
they might just be super super gunked up..

EDIT: just in my opinion...cartos have their place...usually it's far away from me...maybe it's me but I started with a 510 (since moved to an eGo but that's neither here nor there) and well the cartos just don't taste right (with the exception of menthol) ..and the draw on a KR8 is super airy and the vapor production quite a bit less than the 510..

i have the same expeience with cartos...very airy when using them with my SB and very little vapor. on the flipside...when i use cartos in my tornado with the nose cone on...its much better. im assuming since the carto is over the cone there is less air...draw is a bit stiffer yet much better vapor.

overall i still prefer the 510 atomizer with either dripping or blue foam w/spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread