This might be a really stupid question but I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXILEDinATL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Macon, GA.
I have a nemesis clone on the way. I wont be able to go buy batteries until Friday. I was hoping and wondering if I could use my Samsung ICR 18650 battery that came with my evic in it? I just wanted to ask before I did something stupid. I have a Nobel 1 hybrid coming in real soon too. But that one is coming with batteries.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I have a nemesis clone on the way. I wont be able to go buy batteries until Friday. I was hoping and wondering if I could use my Samsung ICR 18650 battery that came with my evic in it? I just wanted to ask before I did something stupid. I have a Nobel 1 hybrid coming in real soon too. But that one is coming with batteries.

I found a Nemesis at Fasttech and it sure looks like it will take a 18650 - I copied and pasted that below;

Can be powered by 1*18350 battery/1*18500 battery/1*18650 battery (batteries sold separately)

Just be sure you're using IMR (safest due to battery chemistry) - or ICR protected batteries.

Last edited:

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA

If that ICR is not protected, then don't use it. When you have the money, just get AW IMR's. Genuine AW Batteries at RTD Vapor

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If you can't tell if the batteries are protected or non-protected, to be safer I'd say not use them. Never use any unprotected ICR battery in any mod. You can use a protected ICR battery in a mechanical mod, however the current thought is IMR (Li-mn, safer chemistry, high drain) batteries are preferred over protected batteries. - reference http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html

EXILEDinATL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Macon, GA.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
To be completely honest with you. That is what I am tying to figure out. I can't find out if they are protected or not. I have seached everywhere.
Without a clear picture of the battery for us to see, or any identifying lettering/numbers on the battery, there is no way for us to tell which battery it is. I'm sure Samsung makes IMR, protected and un-protected batteries. With out more information no one can help you.

The Evic has built-in protective circuitry with its processor, so the choice of protected vs un-protected is not as critical. Well, take that back. Regulated mods need high drain batteries, which are IMRs.

I know Samsung makes the following IMR/Hybrid batteries which are safe, but they are not ICR.

INR18650-22P 2200mAh 10A
INR18650-20R 2000mah 22A​

Un-protected batteries should never be used in a mod. Better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks. But I'm still confused why Joytech would have Samsung make a dedicated ICR non-protected battery for a regulated mod with boost circuitry for variable voltage/wattage. Typically regulated mods require a high drain battery such as an IMR or IMR/hybrid.

Beats me. I wouldn't use that battery for my mods.

However, others might disagree. Here's an interesting read:

http://tastyvapers.blogspot.com/2013/06/18650-18350-battery-review.html

Too many people are pushing AW IMR batteries and EFest batteries unnecessarily. There's no EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you NEED to spend the extra $$$ (or £££ for that matter). Just because I recommend these batteries does not mean that you SHOULD get them for yourself, it means that I can CONFIRM that they WORK WELL. In other words, you could do worse...

Last edited:

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
Thanks. But I'm still confused why Joytech would have Samsung make a dedicated ICR non-protected battery for a regulated mod with boost circuitry for variable voltage/wattage. Typically regulated mods require a high drain battery such as an IMR or IMR/hybrid.

Business is in business for themselves. If they can interest you in their product by packaging it with a junk battery, then that's what they'll do. Most consumers leap before they look. If this forum wasn't here, there would be nothing standing between the unwitting and Joyetech's sales.

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA

Business is in business for themselves. If they can interest you in their product by packaging it with a junk battery, then that's what they'll do. Most consumers leap before they look. If this forum wasn't here, there would be nothing standing between the unwitting and Joyetech's sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread