This pi**es me off about E Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
So there are only a few things about vapeing that gets under my skin.... Heres one of them:evil:

So I sit down at the pc or tv and just want to zone out and relax.... yes, this includes vaping. I get all settled and comfortable. I take a hit and get juice right in my mouth... I'm like "WTF" Here we go again another project and more maintenance and upkeep of this damn thing. This really makes me mad when I get into bed to watch tv and go to sleep.... I still would'nt trade it for smoking but at times it can be a real pain!

I just had to post this.... fell better already,lol:vapor:

Last edited:

av187

Moved On
Sep 22, 2010
Earth
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: OT--does not contribute to subject of thread.

Quexos

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
USA
What gets me about vaping, is the constant search for a good atomizer! I swear only 1 in 5 of the 20 attys I've owned are worth a damn. All the rest leak, are too "tight" and won't produce much draw/vapor, are dead on arrival or otherwise just perform poorly or have too high resistance to work well (Joye brand 2.5 ohm atty with a 2.9-3.6 ohms resistance).

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
What gets me about vaping, is the constant search for a good atomizer! I swear only 1 in 5 of the 20 attys I've owned are worth a damn. All the rest leak, are too "tight" and won't produce much draw/vapor, are dead on arrival or otherwise just perform poorly or have too high resistance to work well (Joye brand 2.5 ohm atty with a 2.9-3.6 ohms resistance).

That would make me mad too. I have had really good luuck with them. I have yet to burn one out. I hear the joye are the best.... but who knows.

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
Seems you are flooding the atty. give more details about your e-cig etc. Carto or carty?
it does get better - but vaping is different than smoking and it take time to figure it out. Don't give up.

No I wont give up its just cigs are easy and simple... fool proof ya know. Yes you are right I am over filling... it just happens a bit to easliy sometimes and drives me crazy!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I use nothing but cartomizers and don't have these problems any more. I use Ikenvapes Mega cartomizers on my variable voltage Buzz from Notcigs. This combination is wonderful. I only have to fill it every day, once usually. I tried a cig to see and I don't get anything out of them anymore except stinky air. 'll never return to smoking.
The only thing that makes me mad is it costs money. They should give me free supplies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
This really makes me mad when I get into bed to watch tv and go to sleep.... I still would'nt trade it for smoking but at times it can be a real pain!
No I wont give up its just cigs are easy and simple... fool proof ya know.
I assume you didn't smoke cigarettes in bed. I very nearly died because of doing that a quarter century ago, and never smoked in bed again.
One of the fantastic things about vaping ... no fire hazard. :)
But yeah, cigarettes are comparatively more simple. That may always be true, who knows?
Hang in there, you'll get it right. And, it won't kill you in the meantime.

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
I use nothing but cartomizers and don't have these problems any more.

That is a great point. I have one caro and I love the fact that I never seem to flood the atty with it. No juice in mouth. The only issue I have with it is the hit my carto gives me just dosent stand up to the LR attie that I use. Because of that I use the Lr all the time. Do they make LR atties?

closetsmokr

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
Richmond, VA
I am glad to report that I have a RIVA Ego and a 510, along with about 12 attys, and numerous cartridges, all from the vapor room. I have had great success with the attys - most of them never even had that nasty "primer" taste when they were new. I did clean them all with iso before I used them, but they all worked, and still do. I have been trying many different flavors, so I have used all the attys at one time or another. I don't know where they get the attys, but they have all worked great for me. No leaks, no deaths.

The thing I am still getting used to about vaping is remembering to take all the stuff I need for the day. With analogs, it was just a matter of grabbing the pack and making sure I had a lighter or matches. If I forget something I need for vaping, I'm screwed because I can't just stop at the nearest convenience store and get what I need.

But, other than that, I am loving the vaping experience, and loving life without stinky analogs! :)

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
I assume you didn't smoke cigarettes in bed. I very nearly died because of doing that a quarter century ago, and never smoked in bed again.
One of the fantastic things about vaping ... no fire hazard. :)
But yeah, cigarettes are comparatively more simple. That may always be true, who knows?
Hang in there, you'll get it right. And, it won't kill you in the meantime.

No never smoked in bed,lol.

It's always best to find that happy medium. Try not over filling the cartridge and when you do refill, slightly hold your electronic cigarette up as you take your first few puffs then as you notice a decrease in vapor, slightly hold down. This works out great and each hit you take becomes less "juicy", if you will. Also, I saw that another member mentioned cartomizers in an earlier post. Cartomizers can be very useful and last longer than the average cartridge. Usually, they will never become "juicy" as long as you don't initially over fill it as the e-liquid is contained within the cartomizer along with the heating element requiring less maintenance.

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
It's always best to find that happy medium. Try not over filling the cartridge and when you do refill, slightly hold your electronic cigarette up as you take your first few puffs then as you notice a decrease in vapor, slightly hold down. This works out great and each hit you take becomes less "juicy", if you will. Also, I saw that another member mentioned cartomizers in an earlier post. Cartomizers can be very useful and last longer than the average cartridge. Usually, they will never become "juicy" as long as you don't initially over fill it as the e-liquid is contained within the cartomizer along with the heating element requiring less maintenance.

I think cartos may just be the answer, but do they make LR cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread