This Surprised Me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
A friend sent me this article from a newspaper in Birmingham, AL. I was expecting it to be pouncing hard on e-cigs because it was coming from the conservative south. After I read it I was a little shocked that they seemed to be open minded and void of the FDA smoke and mirrors. This is encouraging to me. ;)

Electronic cigarettes -- No smoke, but plenty of heat - Birmingham News Living - al.com

I thought it was a real fair arcticle! :)

Bruce H

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2009
Gaithersburg, Maryland
What? The conservative South is more for the free market than anyone else in the world...
I don't know a single person who trusts such federal departments of government as the FDA or the FCC. All in all, we just really don't like being told what to do :)

Don't leave out the DEA and the ONDCP.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
The non-advocate doctor they got for the interview is an obvious twit but that's just my opinion and I've been told it can be harsh at times. The article as a whole is quite neutral which is friggin amazing in this day and age. It's neither for or against the product but simply lists the available information out there... I'm still shocked. :shock::shock:

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
The non-advocate doctor they got for the interview is an obvious twit but that's just my opinion and I've been told it can be harsh at times. The article as a whole is quite neutral which is friggin amazing in this day and age. It's neither for or against the product but simply lists the available information out there... I'm still shocked. :shock::shock:
Exactly what I thought ;)

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Great article. This doesn't suprise me coming from Alabama, those folks down there are pretty free thinkers and don't "follow the herd" so-to-speak. I grew up in Georgia, and there is a similar mentality there as well.

We really just need more of this sort of publicity to possibly shed PV's in a positive light. Sadly the bottom half of the article is where the quotes from those government agencies trying to "protect us", diluting the positive compliments of vaping with all of their spin.

It's designed to make you feel like you're still smoking, he said.

They forgot a part at the end of that statement. "without the thousands of harmful chemicals found in regular tobacco cigarettes".

We won't ever hear them say that, will we?

Instead they added:
"I think it's more harmful than helpful ... and likely to increase nicotine addiction and cigarette consumption," Bailey said.

This doesn't seem the case according to ECF members. It appears to reduce cigarette consumption, if not eliminate it for a good many of us (myself included).

Last edited:

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
They forgot a part at the end of that statement. "without the thousands of harmful chemicals found in regular tobacco cigarettes".

We won't ever hear them say that, will we?

I think we'll eventually hear it a lot. The question is where will we get our supplies in the meantime. Could be a long time :(

gr8dane

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama
I NEVER comment on blogs, but couldn't resist...I did on this one (maybe because I'm from Alabama ;) ). I got rather verbose, but thought y'all would appreciate my closing comment...especially the last line.

"If you take away nothing else from this post, please understand this: the electronic cigarette is not a 'gizmo', a fad or any other trivial label someone would like to place on it, in an attempt to make it go away. We are at a pivotal point in the age old history of smoking (think vacuum tubes vs. transistors). This technology is here to stay, and represents the infancy stage of harm reduction products capable of sunsetting traditional cigarettes and all of the issues surrounding them. For the sake of the next generation, please don't delay it"

Nestran

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Rhode Island
How in the world can someone think that these could increase addiction and cigarette consumption????

What a momo.

Oh, I loled this:

"A starter or setup kit can range from about $50 to $100 and cartridges can cost around $10, but over time the cost per "cigarette" is lower than buying tobacco cigarettes that can cost as much as $40 a carton."

Name brand is 75$ a carton up here in the North East. (At least anyway, I don't know the exact number because I don't buy them anymore. Damn, I'm going against the statistics again.)

Nestran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread