Those of you stockpiling... Are you going old school or buying the latest and greatest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
As I vape old school, I was pretty much stocked up before May thanks to clearances of my preferred devices and toppers. I continue to prefer rugged reparable to new shiny. I did find the STM and Nano would fit my style yet allow me to go higher wattage should I want to. The availability of cheap spare parts made them part of my stash. My spares for the Subtanks are scheduled to arrive from fasttech today.

The next year will be interesting as the recent flood of brand new products weed themselves out. Some of the newest stuff may prove interesting and solid enough to give a try!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I tried an rda in May 2015 and never looked back, immediately lost interest in tanks. After some months of experimenting the SV clone became my favorite. At $7 each it is easy to own a 10 year supply. I have an assortment of spare orings for adjusting the fit of the cap to the base. I favor a particular drip tip so have extras of those. Pico is my perfered mod because of the size but just in case there is a durability problem I'll have a redundant set of VTwo's. For $285 I can own 6 picos and 4 VTwo's. 10 mods should last 10+ years.

I'm stuck on temp control because it makes dripping more practical but my early devices with built in batteries might last longer if an electronics repair shop can replace the batteries.

I mix with a very low percent of flavoring because I prefer that and to keep things simple. If there really is interference with supply I'll work harder on lowering nic to lengthen the life of that stash.

Last edited:

rtbob

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Austin, TX
I've ordered a bunch of original Kanger K1 Kboxes for 12.99 each. These things are built like a tank (the kind that goes boom). The wife and I have been using one daily going on a year now. She used to go through a mod every 2-3 months due to dropping them. No display, just two rows of lights. One for charge and one for watts. 40 watt max, 510 threaded, 18650 battery. No sub-ohm tanks will work on it. If the regs go into effect as written these are way better than anything that was around in 2007. Also the tanks I use on these (the kind that hold juice) are only six bucks. I've found the coils for a $1.25 ea and are easily cleaned. Well, maybe not that easy.

Reactions: bnrkwest

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Just curious as I see lots of "stockpiling" threads but it's hard to understand what most of you are trying to accomplish long term.

Personally, I went more old school and bought things that I believe will last for years/decades. Lots of 15w Provaris and tons of mechanical mods. I have a few iSticks from when my wife and I started vaping, but haven't bought a high wattage or recent release mod since my 200w Snow Wolf last year. No Picos or RX200's for this guy.

I do have a good sized prebuilt Nautilus coil stock for Nautilus/Triton/Kabukis, but my plan is to build on the many Kayfun, Subtank Mini, Crown and RDA tanks I own.

So what about you? New shinies and lots of RTDAs, crates of prebuilt coils, old school low power mods, mechs or a mix?
I have been buying straight mech mod,New school RTA, and Old school RDA's

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Where is the link that tells you how much nic you will need to buy? I remember seeing but I don't know where?
Cant remember who posted this and I saved it as a photo so here you go:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 22

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I guess old school. I pretty much stick to one thing. Not interested in mech or dripping or DL. My favorite set up is provari mini and GS-Air tank. So stocked up on Provari minis plus I still have my TW curve 20w i use as a spare and an old X2O that was my first post-ecig device. Bought several GS-Air Ms and MSs (love the MSs but cant find them anywhere anymore). Lots of pre-built coils; Kayfun Lite Plus and spare parts (ty @Two_Bears for suggesting it), extras of my favorite drip tips. Kanthal wire and cotton for when I start rebuilding coils. Of course nic.

I'm set for about 10 years except for my commercially made juice of which I have enough for 4 months after which I'll be DIYing. Bought some Koolada and menthol and quite a bit of PG and VG (found at a good price) for that. It would probably be pretty boring for many of you but I only vape one recipe that is kind of like Extreme Ice, made with a tiny amount of menthol and a little koolada.

satchvai

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2015
Off the grid
I guess old school. I pretty much stick to one thing. Not interested in mech or dripping or DL. My favorite set up is provari mini and GS-Air tank. So stocked up on Provari minis plus I still have my TW curve 20w i use as a spare and an old X2O that was my first post-ecig device. Bought several GS-Air Ms and MSs (love the MSs but cant find them anywhere anymore). Lots of pre-built coils; Kayfun Lite Plus and spare parts (ty @Two_Bears for suggesting it), extras of my favorite drip tips, kanthal wire and cotton for when I start rebuilding coils. Of course nic.

I'm set for about 10 years except for my commercially made juice of which I have enough for 4 months after which I'll be DIYing. Bought some Koolada and menthol and quite a bit of PG and VG (found at a good price) for that. It would probably be pretty boring for many of you but I only vape one recipe that is kind of like Extreme Ice, made with a tiny amount of menthol and a little koolada.
Pop in some flavor west candy cane and you'll have one of my favorite recipes.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I guess old school. I pretty much stick to one thing. Not interested in mech or dripping or DL. My favorite set up is provari mini and GS-Air tank. So stocked up on Provari minis plus I still have my TW curve 20w i use as a spare and an old X2O that was my first post-ecig device. Bought several GS-Air Ms and MSs (love the MSs but cant find them anywhere anymore). Lots of pre-built coils; Kayfun Lite Plus and spare parts (ty @Two_Bears for suggesting it), extras of my favorite drip tips. Kanthal wire and cotton for when I start rebuilding coils. Of course nic.

Bea. It was my pleasure to help you with the Kayfun lite plus.

If i may be of further assistance PM me.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
I'm stocked old school style. REOs, Provaris and several tube mechs and RBAs. Spare parts for all. I laid in a supply of twists, protanks and coils for my son(his preferred device). Picked up a couple of Kboxes because they were just marked down ridiculously cheap. Those will make decent travel mods if I don't want to take the good stuff and I can give them to my son when all his twists are done for.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
By nature, I'm a satisficer, not a maximizer. A long time ago, I found my sweet spot and have stuck with it. The wowiest-zowiest stuff lost my interest about 2013-2014. And since I've stashed for the rest of my life, I've put a priority on durability.

My stash has lots of Provari 2.5s. I also have a couple of Reos and a few other mech mods, all with lots of spare parts. Aspire Nautilus tanks hit my sweet spot, so I'm well stocked with those, and a bunch of replacement heads. Plus I can recoil those heads.

From the 2014 vapemageddon, I still have a bunch of Vamos and Vision Vivi Novas, plus spare heads for the latter, though I became adept at recoiling and rewicking those. Vamos have the distressing habit of eating their fire buttons, so I save those for guests. Plus I have a gazillion Boge cartos.

And needless to say, my chest freezer has been taken over by many, many little glass bottles containing 100 mg./ml. nic concentrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread