Thought experiment: mixing and matching tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2019
North-Central PA (flyover country)
I've been looking for tube extensions for some of the popular 21700 mech mods but they're getting hard to find. I did find an extension tube for a Tauren and am eagerly waiting for it to be delivered from China.

I was looking at some 18650 mods. For instance Vaporider has a clone of an Origin Mod that comes with three tubes. The large tube is for an 18350 battery and has two female ends - one for the top cap and one for either the switch or an extension tube. The extension tubes have a male end and a female end. Add the small extension tube for an 18500 battery (adds 150 mm), or add the medium extension tube for an 18650 battery (adds 300 mm).

I was wondering that if I were to buy more than one of these mods, that I might find a combination of extension tubes that would fit two stacked 18650 batteries. Has anyone ever done that?

Actually it's looking doubtful because there's no combination of 150 or 300 that adds up to 650. But if I bought five of these mods, used one 300 mm tube for the first 18650, and added four more 300 mm tubes and five 150 mm tubes, it would add up to an additional 1950 mm which is equal to three additional 18650 batteries.

So it would work for four batteries. Hmm... 16 volts. That would probably burn up the switch pretty fast, but I'd have five switches to burn through.

I'd have to wrap two 2 ohm coils which would result in 16 amps and 320 watts!
I don't think the coils would fit into an atomizer for an 18650 mod.

I could go through the same calculation for 18350 or 18500 batteries, but now I have a headache.

Fun to think about but stupid. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread