The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Thought I just disliked VG juices then.......

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Keeno, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Keeno

Keeno Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2011
    Indiana
    .......I have a 3ml sample sent to me by Totally Twisted Texas....Winter Strawberry 12mg. Not a review here just looking to see what others think. My first and only experience with a 100%VG was a 555 and RY4 both 24mg and both from a different vendor that I had never ordered from. I love those two normally but hated it in this concentration of VG and it had virtually no flavor, agitated my throat and made my nostrils burn. This Winter Stawberry at 12mg has a nice taste and doesn't make my throat agitated nor my nostrils burn. Can I chalk that up to the fact that it has less nicotine in it. I ask this and am curious because I had vowed never to use VG again assuming that I was possibly allergic to it or at the very least just flat out hated the lack of flavor. Share some thougts on this VG issue of mine because now I'm torn as to whether or not to try some more VG based juice. Thanks...:)

2. Alac

Alac Super Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ususally when people complan about agitated throat or burning nostrils, I'd say go to VG.
    I'd say that was a purely Nic thing in your case.

Many VG juices do have muted flavors, but I do vape primerally VG. Some places that do VG offer the aditional flavor option and ususally work for VG. There are a few companies (like avejuice.com) that deal spicifically with VG only or high abounts of VG, alian visions' PG line is still 90%VG.

3. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    All I do is VG---doublers though to get the flavor.

4. Keeno

Dec 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Thanks, I'll assume you meant go PG since the VG caused me the issues......that's what I'm looking for thoughts and opinions opinions from VG users.....:)

5. Keeno

Dec 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Why not just go PG other than vapor production or does vapor mean that much to you.....just picking some brains to figure this out for myself if possible....thanks

6. FAAmecanic

FAAmecanic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Crestview, FL
    Very strange.... Im finding anything more than 50/50 burns my nostrils something fierce. Now the only HIGH VG juice I have tried so far is Ms. T's. The Ms T's is 24mg Nic.... my other juices that are 70/30 or more PG/VG ratio are 18mg and 12mg and burn my nose. I have an order out to evaporclouds.com and AVE for all 100% VG juice. I will be curious to see if 100% VG alleviates my burning nose hairs :evil:

My buddy has some 100% PG that I have tried and HATED It. Burned my nose like crazy and just felt very harsh (12mg Nic).

7. Alac

Alac Super Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Some don't like the "synthetic"factor of PG.

PG juice is also much more likely to caouse undesired effects on someone; irritated throat, burning nose, mouth sores to name a few.
    Not saying VG can't do this, its just more likely to be reported from PG vapeing and goes away when switching to VG.

There is also a taste of PG, I'm not that fond of.
    VG's thick vapor isn't just the visible on exhale, its a thicker feel on inhale, and I like it.

8. Keeno

Dec 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I get the opposite it seems.....My favorite juices are the authentic Dekang with the standard Dekang ratio of 80/20....no issues whatsoever with the PG concentration.....I am leaning toward I may have slight allergic reaction to VG in a 100% with a high (24%) nic level.

9. inanitydefined

inanitydefined Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This is why I stick to high vg. I like my vapor chewy. Vg has a very different kind of throat hit, less sharp, more solid

10. swedishfish

swedishfish Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2010
    NJ
    I can't vape VG either. It's just so thick and heavy I feel like something is sitting on my chest after I vape it. And I feel like my is tongue coated like I'm vaping cooking oil. 80/20 or 70/30 is about all the VG I can do.

11. Keeno

Dec 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Yes!! I forgot about the film coating I had at the roof of my mouth....I'll spare ya'll the details of that. Also the heavy chest feeling.....Thanks :)

12. FAAmecanic

FAAmecanic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Crestview, FL
    I guess the moral of this story is everyone is different. We all have to find what works for us... and when you do, I imagine its like vaping nirvana. The only juice out of the 20+ I have tried that I feel great with is Ms T's Snickerdoodle. Love the taste, love the vapor, and it does not sting my nose or give me that "cough" reflex when I inhale it. While I dont think she discloses her PG/VG ratios...I would think its like 20/80 or so as its almost as thick as molassis!!

13. gnc207

gnc207 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2011
    Etobicoke
    6 months ago I remember trying 50 VG and didn't like it at all (my preferred was pg/vg - 80-20).
    But just recently, tried %100 VG (ordering from local pharmacy) and there is no going back now to PG .
    I don't know why, but with this one I don't have that coating, oily feeling in my mouth.

14. Homedude

Homedude Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    Conroe, Texas
    I think the 100% VG stuff really depends on who is making it and why...
    Are they just using the same flavor recipes and concentrates but mixing them with all VG and PG or are they tailoring their juices to a specific market with specific needs ?

For example, I know that Chief-a-lot from Spring Vapor personally vapes only 100% VG and is a throat hit junkie. He makes his VG only juices to his own taste standards and therefore they should be more flavorful and robust than someone who simply substitutes VG for PG in an off the shelf recipe.

Assembly line style juices are probably fine for most people, even with a 'custom' ratio but there are some true custom or boutique style vendors that take great care in the quality of their product.

15. tyleris12

tyleris12 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2010
    Michigan
    I am one who just can't vape PG at all...get nose bleeds, sore throat, ect. on anything with more then 20% PG. So I order all my VG juices through Virgin Vapor, because she uses high quality ingredients, which I feel makes a huge difference no matter what mix you choose to use. Also she is the only vendor I have found that has 100% VG that is as thin as any other PG/VG mix. No clogged atties/carto's. She also offers extra flavor option for no extra charge and you can even request extra-extra flavor in the comment section. Her juices are always very clear & clean tasting.

Not trying to sound like a sales person, but after vaping for almost 2 years, I have learned it truely does matter how good the quality of the ingredients are and if the person making the juice really knows how to work with VG. Nothing worse than getting a bottle of VG e-liquid that is so thick it won't drip out of the bottle and so lacking in flavor, you feel like you are vaping unflavored stuff.

16. KC:

KC: Full Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Dallas
    I felt a cold coming on... achy sinuses, too. Remembered hearing something about PG being a germicide so I had the brilliant idea to start vaping 100% PG. What a mistake!!! Everything got much worse, my teeth ached, gums became sore & sensitive, & a lump developed in my cheek (saliva gland, I guess). I said to husband, "check out this lump in my cheek," and he says, "well, take your tongue out of there so I can see it!" And I'm like, "Ummm.... that's NOT my tongue! That's the lump!" The whole thing was pretty wretched & recovery involved antibiotics. After only a few days of antibiotics, though, I switched to a mostly VG mix & improvement was immediate. I may even mix in a few more drops of glycerin with my VG/PG to up it to 80/20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.