Thoughts and Prayers....need emotional support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
I'm not a praying type, but I could use some positive vibes and energy.

I work with my hands. They feed and clothe me and keep a roof over my head. I had to have surgery on my left wrist due to 'the worst Carpal tunnel' my surgeon of 20 or 30 years had ever seen due to glass blowing (constantly rotating a rod/tube of glass). It's healing, but hurts like a mutha'. He said he's not sure if I'll be able to blow glass agian. That's all I know. I' 29 and have been doing it for ~12 years. I don't know what i'll do if I cna't contiunue to blow glass.

Sorry for the typos. my pain meds are kicking in. No, i'm not dirving today. Stayning home, having freinds come over.

I am very sorry to hear that shatner, and I will be sending out all of the positive vibes that I can for ya!

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
My daughter called a few hours ago. One of my best friends passed away while in hospice care today. Could use some comfort for me, but mostly prayers and good thoughts for her family in Minnesota. Our daughters have been great friends since grade school. Her youngest is the same age as AJ (16). Thanks

((((janie)))). Thoughts & prayers coming your way!

Sent from my HTC EVO on Taptalk.

mfraz25

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2010
The Peach State
I've been away for a while, I haven't been posting but I have been reading the forums and I just feel like I should actually talk about my horrible year and maybe find a little relief. I'm not asking for anything just want to get some of this off my chest.

February '12- started working
March- my cousin lost his life in a drunk driving incident. My uncle had surgery.
April- uncle developed a GI bleed and was in hospital for a few days.
May- uncle developed blood clot and was in hospital for weeks and his belly wound from surgery became infected and he had to have surgery to put a wound vac on.
June- was not that bad.
July- uncle developed blood clot in his other leg which extended from groin to knee. Had surgery and he went into renal failure. Spent 3 weeks in ICU and then a month in rehab.
September- lost my 6 week old nephew to SIDS
October- I went to the ER with the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life. Found out I have some medical issues and no clue why.
February '13- quit my job and uncle was hospitalized with some unknown illness.
March- had to have oral surgery
April- kidney biopsy for my uncle.
May-July- uncle had "routine" gallbladder removal, it turned into a 3 hour surgery and the colon was cut and he lost about 8" of it. He was septic and we were very close to losing him. He was in the ICU for 2 months on a ventilator because he had a collapsed lung. His colon was not healthy enough to handle the stitches and he had to have an ostomy. On top of his medical issues, he was fired from his job leaving him with no insurance. My brother bugged us for his rent, our rent went up two hundred bucks.
August- he gets to physical rehab and is there for a week before insurance kicks him out.
September- I'm having oral surgery again and go to see my doctor about my migraines, again. Uncle is trying to get back to the point that he can actually move around without assistance.

Not to mention, I lost my 2 of my great uncles and my another cousin. I'm 23! I should be out with friends instead I was taking care of my uncle and just trying to survive.

Thank you for letting me vent. You can delete if you don't want me bringing down the thread. If I disappear again, don't worry.

I really do hope all of you are well and that you continue to be well. I have thought about you guys a lot even if I wasn't posting. More often than not someone on these forums gave me a laugh when I really needed it. Thank you for that.

Morgan.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Morgan, I'm so sorry you've gone through so much. You're a strong kid that needs a break. Ill be thinking of you and pray things get better. If you ever want to meet and have lunch or dinner and don't mind driving an hour and a half I'd be happy to meet you halfway. I haven't had the best of years either and it might do us both some good. Take care of yourself and check in when you can. (((Morgan)))

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Thanks ladies. It's just been rough lately. Things are starting to improve and I'm still pushing along. We travel up near Atlanta a good bit going to Columbus, next time we head that way I would love to have lunch.

You have to pass my exit and come within 3 miles from my house on the way to Columbus if you're taking I-85 south.

mommyofdoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Orlando, Florida
I'm so sorry, Morgan. ((hugs))

Life just sucks sometimes. It's crazy how it all happens at once.

In only two weeks in July of this year, we lost my daughter's grandmother (my ex's mom) to cancer, a dear friend of my grandmother's (she's basically part of the family) to pneumonia, my neighbor's mother to cancer, my aunt's mother to encephalitis, and a friend of mine who worked at my vape shop to an overdose (his ......... "friends" dumped him at the ER and took off). And my friend left behind a beautiful fiancée and a 3yo daughter. It was a damn shame.

It can only get better from here, right? Let's hope so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread