Thoughts on the aegis mini vape kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
also which mg nicotine would be reccomended for sub ohming for a person who vapes MTL 10 mg,

Was looking for a vape to use for DL, without making my own coils, found the geekvape aegis mini the tank it comes with has good reviews, not sure about the coils though has anyone tried them?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
also which mg nicotine would be reccomended for sub ohming for a person who vapes MTL 10 mg,

Was looking for a vape to use for DL, without making my own coils, found the geekvape aegis mini the tank it comes with has good reviews, not sure about the coils though has anyone tried them?

Hi Nathan, it's great to see you back!
I hope you and yours are happy, healthy and safe!

I don't use drop in coils, however @SP013 has done a few recent reviews of Geekvape products and may have some insights to share.
Nicotine: cut it to 6 or lower as needed. You can also mix a bit of freebase and salt nicotine together if the TH is uncomfortable and the nicotine monkey won't shut up.

Best of luck in your quest!

Stay safe
I

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland

The Cerberus is a proper DL tank, I personally prefer the Zeus SubOhm or even better the Freemax Fireluke 2.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Hi Nathan, it's great to see you back!
I hope you and yours are happy, healthy and safe!

I don't use drop in coils, however @SP013 has done a few recent reviews of Geekvape products and may have some insights to share.
Nicotine: cut it to 6 or lower as needed. You can also mix a bit of freebase and salt nicotine together if the TH is uncomfortable and the nicotine monkey won't shut up.

Best of luck in your quest!

Stay safe
I
Hello mate, all fine here thanks hope you’re still living the dream out in spain!

ordered myself a few bits, also ordered one of the new (pod systems) they look quite cool, went with the SMOK fetch pro, seeing as its smok no doubt itll be a pain in the ....! But worth a shot to see what all the fuss is about

Reactions: Izan

Oktayne the Red

Oct 4, 2019
I've got the Mini and Solo. I like them, but pretty un-experienced outside of those. Much the same. I favor the Solo and batteries long-term over the built-in (unreplacable) battery in the Mini.

I like the size of the Mini better, and I got big hands. Of the 2 coils that come with them, I like the .3 ohm vs. the .2 ohm. Longer life and less juice used it seems. I guess at the trade off of some flavor though.

I use the Mini for my morning buzz. 6mg Naked American Patriot mixed with the same juice in 35mg salt. I'd say 2 parts 6mg, 1 part salt. Couple hits and I'm rockin'.

Take my opinions with a grain of salt, I'm pretty much a noob vaper.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

I have quite a few of the Aegis Mini and Aegis Solo mods in my stash, as well as 2 of the full Kits w/Cerberus tanks in each size. I'm currently using one of the Aegis Mini mods in rotation with other mods, and have a Zenith MTL tank on it. I like it a lot and have had literally zero problems with it. I'm a Tootle Puffer vaper (low wattage with 1.0ohm or above coils), so a charge lasts me a long while.

As far as the Cerberus tanks - Several friends have them and love them. One of them was using an OBS mod, with a Cerberus on it, until the mod died. After I got him an Aegis Mini as a replacement...he had me source another 1 for him, as well as a few Aegis Solos. He really likes the combination of either Aegis mod + a Cerberus.

I also found a super deal on the Cerberus tanks and got several more for him and even some for my own use. (I'll use mine with an RBA head with above 1.0ohm coil and an 810-to-510 adapter to use my 510 MTL drip tips). The Cerberus will accept a wide variety of coils, and he prefers the 0.3-0.4ohm range. So far he really likes the GeekVape IM1 and the Eleaf HW2 and HW4 coils. They all last him a good long time, give him great flavor, and produce plenty of vapor. He hardly ever even uses other tanks he's got now.

Last edited:

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
As mention by @JCinFLA the Cerberus tank can use a variety of different coils which is good. Sometimes worth a try since as a kit the tank might come up very cheap.

I own a solo kit, but I can't talk about my Cerberus tank, it gave me grief with leaking so I luckily I didn't chuck it out the window. I will retry it later. (Cause possibly a badly threaded coil).

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I've found this coil compatibility chart to be very helpful, in stocking up on coils for my own stash and for others. It isn't "all inclusive" yet, but shows an amazing list of coils, from very old ones to newer ones.

Coil Heads Compatibility Chart

If you'll check the column in Orange, labeled Modern Small...you'll see the coils that are compatible with the Cerberus tank. That list should also show the GeekVape IM1 coils, too...in addition to the IM4 coils that are already there.

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
I don't do DL, so I won't comment on the tank, but as far as the mod goes, you're making a solid decision. You can't go wrong with the Mini or the Solo. I give the Solo an edge over the Mini based solely on the replaceable battery, but both are really, really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread