Thoughts on THIS vape? Vaporesso XROS Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilPuff

Apr 30, 2022
upload_2022-4-30_14-28-32.png

I'll start by saying im only new to vaping and previously used disposable vape pens. I like the disposables, however, their price isnt very pocket-friendly and e-juice is cheaper and would last a lot longer.
I'm after a vape that has a feel like the disposable ones, nothing fancy, easy to use (i only breathe the vapor into my mouth and out again), just fill, use and clean is ideal.
I vape for weight loss as an alternative to eating junk food I crave and drinking wine. No nicotine, only flavors for that taste in the mouth.

The one above seems to tick all those boxes, isn't too big, rechargeable, fills at the top. Just wondering if the above looks good/safe and would suit my purpose?
In reviews, people were mentioning coils (this one has a 1.5 i believe), im unsure entirely what that is, but assume is the heating element in the vape pod? Does this have to be replaced? How do you clean the pod out if you wanted a flavor change without still tasting the previous flavor?
Can you buy additional pods so you could carry or use 2 flavors by swapping them?
I think this is the only draw back, not being able to easily change the flavours...

Hopefully someone here knows the answer and/or has some feedback on the device above im considering <3 thank you!

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I think you made a good choice if you are looking to replicate a disposable. The coils do have to be replaced every few weeks, how often depends on your use pattern, the type of juice you use and other factors. So you do need to stock up on coils. If you are not getting enough vapor from the 1.2 ohm coil, you can try the 0.8 mesh coil that is also compatible. The pods do have to be replaced every once in a while, but not as often as the coils, and yes, you can have multiple pods with different flavors if you want to switch them out. Once you try the device and decide that it is what you like, be sure to buy a backup for those instances late at night when you drop it and break it. Rule of vapors...Always have a backup for your backup.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    In reviews, people were mentioning coils (this one has a 1.5 i believe), im unsure entirely what that is, but assume is the heating element in the vape pod? Does this have to be replaced?

You can't replace just the coil head, you have to replace the whole pod for the XROS Mini as the pod and coil head are an all-in-one unit so coil heads are not sold seperately.

How do you clean the pod out if you wanted a flavor change without still tasting the previous flavor?

You can't really. Best you can do is to buy some unflavored ejuice and vape a bit of that to try to clear out some of the previous flavor, but for some flavors that may not work well.

Can you buy additional pods...?

Yes, with the coil head permanently placed inside.

===================================
    The Uwell Caliburn G2 might be something that's more fitting for your needs. It's small, just 12mm taller than the XROS Mini (Caliburn G2: 111mm tall, 23mm wide and 13mm deep. XROS mini: 99mm tall, 23.5mm wide and 13.5mm deep) You can replace both the pod and the coil head separately in the G2.

Both the Caliburn G and G2 take the same coil heads, but I'm recommending the G2 because it is the newer of the two and should be easier to find.

Caliburn G2

Caliburn G2 empty pods

Galiburn G/G2 coil heads

The above links are to Fasttech in china. These are just for reference. You should find somewhere else to buy. In my latest experience in the past 2 months, Fasttech has gone way downhill and I can no longer recommend them to newbies, at least for the time being. They can be cheap over others (after you figure in shipping) but the anguish they cause by taking forever to ship and then shipping using a really slow, almost-untrackable service isn't worth it anymore IMHO.

DISCLAIMER: I have never used the Caliburn G2 or any other Caliburn for that matter. I am only recommending it based on your needs and the fact that many people seem to love it. But keep in mind that many also seem to hate it, which is the case with all vape gear so all you can do is try it for yourself.

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Reactions: Pigs

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I have to disagree with UncleJ, I clean my pods all the time by siphoning old juice out with a syringe, small needle and flushing it with water and the syringe. I then let it dry and after refilling, I let it sit for a couple hours to soak the wick which is harder to do after it is washed and dried than when you first fill the pod.

I have used a lot of pods and I prefer the xros to all of them. My pods easily last for weeks and I use the two I have all day every day.

LilPuff

Apr 30, 2022
    I think you made a good choice if you are looking to replicate a disposable. The coils do have to be replaced every few weeks, how often depends on your use pattern, the type of juice you use and other factors. So you do need to stock up on coils. If you are not getting enough vapor from the 1.2 ohm coil, you can try the 0.8 mesh coil that is also compatible. The pods do have to be replaced every once in a while, but not as often as the coils, and yes, you can have multiple pods with different flavors if you want to switch them out. Once you try the device and decide that it is what you like, be sure to buy a backup for those instances late at night when you drop it and break it. Rule of vapors...Always have a backup for your backup.
    Could you please explain what the difference in coil sizes are? Seems to be something to do with the vapor? Like the 1.2 will release less vapor than the 0.8? Is that right?
    What's a way of knowing when the pod needs replacing? Does it taste off? Look different?
    Would you need to replace it less, if you didn't change the flavour often?

I have to disagree with UncleJ, I clean my pods all the time by siphoning old juice out with a syringe, small needle and flushing it with water and the syringe. I then let it dry and after refilling, I let it sit for a couple hours to soak the wick which is harder to do after it is washed and dried than when you first fill the pod.

I have used a lot of pods and I prefer the xros to all of them. My pods easily last for weeks and I use the two I have all day every day.
    So with cleaning your pod, where you insert the flavour (that hole) you put a syringe in it to take out the ejuice & then flush it with water to clean the inside? Is that right?
    Does it leave a kind of oily residue?
    Glad to hear you love the xros :) it seems to be the go & is within my budget.

You can't replace just the coil head, you have to replace the whole pod for the XROS Mini as the pod and coil head are an all-in-one unit so coil heads are not sold seperately.

You can't really. Best you can do is to buy some unflavored ejuice and vape a bit of that to try to clear out some of the previous flavor, but for some flavors that may not work well.

Yes, with the coil head permanently placed inside.

===================================
    The Uwell Caliburn G2 might be something that's more fitting for your needs. It's small, just 12mm taller than the XROS Mini (Caliburn G2: 111mm tall, 23mm wide and 13mm deep. XROS mini: 99mm tall, 23.5mm wide and 13.5mm deep) You can replace both the pod and the coil head separately in the G2.

Both the Caliburn G and G2 take the same coil heads, but I'm recommending the G2 because it is the newer of the two and should be easier to find.

Caliburn G2

Caliburn G2 empty pods

Galiburn G/G2 coil heads

The above links are to Fasttech in china. These are just for reference. You should find somewhere else to buy. In my latest experience in the past 2 months, Fasttech has gone way downhill and I can no longer recommend them to newbies, at least for the time being. They can be cheap over others (after you figure in shipping) but the anguish they cause by taking forever to ship and then shipping using a really slow, almost-untrackable service isn't worth it anymore IMHO.

DISCLAIMER: I have never used the Caliburn G2 or any other Caliburn for that matter. I am only recommending it based on your needs and the fact that many people seem to love it. But keep in mind that many also seem to hate it, which is the case with all vape gear so all you can do is try it for yourself.
    Thank you for the tips! I'll definitely check out those you mentioned :)

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Could you please explain what the difference in coil sizes are? Seems to be something to do with the vapor? Like the 1.2 will release less vapor than the 0.8? Is that right?
    What's a way of knowing when the pod needs replacing? Does it taste off? Look different?
    Would you need to replace it less, if you didn't change the flavo

First of all, I was mistaken, thinking that the pods and coils are separe like they are in some models. When the coil goes bad on yours, you replace the integrated coik and pod unit. Again coil Keith varies by your usage. And is something that you will figure out. The more often you draw on the coil, the higher wattage, and the use of dark, sweet juice all will shorten a coil:s life. The lower ohm mesh coil burns hotter AR rhe same wattage thus putting out more clouds. If you are happy with the 1.2, there's no need to switch. Rinsing a pod put with water will probably shorten their lifespan. Your best best to change flavors is to run a bit of unflavored juice between tank's. I usually don't bother, but just add the new flavor on top of the old. Since I DIY my flavors, this can give me ideas for new combo. The blended flavor doesn't last long.anyhow.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    @LilPuff yes that is how I clean the pod. I don't clean it every time I change a flavor, was only stating that they can be cleaned. For instance, if I try a flavor and hate it and if it is a strong flavor that I can't easily add something to make better, I will clean the pod completely.

There is no 'oil' residue as flavorings we use for diy don't contain any oil. Oil can kill you, is bad for lungs.

LilPuff

Apr 30, 2022
    @LilPuff yes that is how I clean the pod. I don't clean it every time I change a flavor, was only stating that they can be cleaned. For instance, if I try a flavor and hate it and if it is a strong flavor that I can't easily add something to make better, I will clean the pod completely.

There is no 'oil' residue as flavorings we use for diy don't contain any oil. Oil can kill you, is bad for lungs.

Thanks for that! I did decide on the Vaporesso mini today and bought it, and just wondering if its 'normal' for it to have a bubbling sound when drawing on the vape? And having some liqiud from the vape bounce into my mouth/hit my tongue? Just wondering as im only use to disposable vapes and I never had this problem with them (the bubbling liquid sound and having liquid hit my tongue and vapor being quite warm in the mouth).

Thanks! :)

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    The best way that I've found to lose weight is to reduce the amount of calories that you take in daily. Drink plenty of water and teach your body to fast. Vaping zero nicotine to help what? reduce craving for sweets? May or may not work. Personally, I think your time and money could be spent in better ways to assist with weight loss than trying to nail down a vape experience. But you do what you feel is best. And good luck with that. Meanwhile, I'm still on my 12 to 1500 calories a day diet and I have lost 40 pounds this way. Didn't starve or go hungry, just reduced the calorie intake and trained my body to get used to it. Mind over matter.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Thanks for that! I did decide on the Vaporesso mini today and bought it, and just wondering if its 'normal' for it to have a bubbling sound when drawing on the vape? And having some liqiud from the vape bounce into my mouth/hit my tongue? Just wondering as im only use to disposable vapes and I never had this problem with them (the bubbling liquid sound and having liquid hit my tongue and vapor being quite warm in the mouth).

Thanks! :)
    No, it shouldn't gurgle or spit back. Might have filled it too full. I only do halfway. Take the pod out and blow through the mouthpiece onto a paper towel. If there is liquid where the pod sits, wipe it out. I don't know if the mini has any adjustable wattage but if it does, turn it up. Try again and let us know. If it still does it, might just be a bad one. Take it back to the shop.

LilPuff

Apr 30, 2022
    The best way that I've found to lose weight is to reduce the amount of calories that you take in daily. Drink plenty of water and teach your body to fast. Vaping zero nicotine to help what? reduce craving for sweets? May or may not work. Personally, I think your time and money could be spent in better ways to assist with weight loss than trying to nail down a vape experience. But you do what you feel is best. And good luck with that. Meanwhile, I'm still on my 12 to 1500 calories a day diet and I have lost 40 pounds this way. Didn't starve or go hungry, just reduced the calorie intake and trained my body to get used to it. Mind over matter.
    So far it's helped, I'm under a dietitian as well as a GP. I've reduced calories quite a bit and swapped a lot of unhealthy habits for healither ones. In the past my fail point was always of an evening, when I'd be calming down for the night watching TV & having that bowl of chips/glass or 2 of wine. It was just a bit much & I definitely miss them a lot. Dietian recommended swapping it for something healither like celery sticks and carrot sticks? Which is fair enough but I found id eat those & still want something else, as it wasn't hunger, just sweet craving. She suggested sugar free lollies, however I'm pretty sensitive to somethiny in those & 1 lolly has me on the loo. So that was that. 0 nicotine vapes give me the sweet hit, without many calories, after a few puffs I feel satisfied & don't crave any actual sweets or food. Been doing it 4 weeks (almost 5) and lost 10 pounds. Still have a good 40 pounds left, but I'm getting there!

No, it shouldn't gurgle or spit back. Might have filled it too full. I only do halfway. Take the pod out and blow through the mouthpiece onto a paper towel. If there is liquid where the pod sits, wipe it out. I don't know if the mini has any adjustable wattage but if it does, turn it up. Try again and let us know. If it still does it, might just be a bad one. Take it back to the shop.

Hi thanks for that! I will give it a go. Doesn't appear to be any liquid under the pod at all and it was only half full. Mini doesn't have any adjustable wattage. I'll give it a blow & see. I thought maybe the cotton pod hadn't sat long enough, but it seems a little strange that it's bubbling & spitting liquid into my mouth, one hit my lip and it was hot!

Reactions: smacuser

LilPuff

Apr 30, 2022
    Yup, I blew through the mouth piece and cleaneed it up (the pod was clean under it), I just put a bit more juice in it (its about 1/4 full) so still lots of room till the top, and it still sounds like its boiling in there and im still getting hot spits of e-juice in my mouth. I'll call up the store today and see what they say. Thanks!

Reactions: rosesense

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA

Reactions: rosesense
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread