Three days in...so far, so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

dagnagan

Jan 23, 2009
Southeast U.S.
I ordered an M401 mini from absolutelyecigs.com, very eager to try the e-cig method, because for years I've been thinking that the problem with getting off cigarettes was not just the drug (nicotine), but the habit. Just stop doing something you've done 20 times a day for your whole adult lfe? I don't see myself doing that, though others certainly have.

I wanted a black e-cig, because it is obviously not a cigarette. Somehow in ordering I submitted my payment before I specified colors, etc., which meant I would get the standard white battery and orange cartridge. I e-mailed absolutelyecigs, and within an hour or so got a friendly reply. Of course I could change the battery and cartridge color, and would I like a different LED color? Why yes, blue please.

The order (~$55) was shipped two days later by registered mail from Hong Kong, and took another 10 days to get here. When I opened it I realized that I had not specified flavor, so got the standard "Marlboro". I've smoked menthol for like 50 years.

Until I can get some menthol I'm using the Marlboro, and very nasty it is, too. If this is how Marlboros taste I don't see how they ever sold the second pack. But otherwise I am enjoying the freedom to "smoke" without stinking up my house, going out in the cold when I'm babysitting (although I do go in the bathroom and turn on the fan - paranoid), or having messy ashtrays everywhere.

I'm going to stock up on these things, anticipating a ban, since we are now all at the mercy of irrational zealots.

Sorry for the length - I'll calm down soon.

Dagnagan

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Their starter kits comes standard in Marlboro mediums nowadays. I guess they need some sort of standardisation since they are offering many kinds of variety. I like their customer service too.

I personally love the Marlboro liquids and its taste. None of the e liquids provides the same taste as tobacco imo. You just have to find something you like. An exact subtitute to tobacco flavour is unlikely.

You might have realised that their shipping charges are at $15 no matter how much you buy. If you plan to stock up like you said, do it in one order and you'll save lots.

Let us know how the unit performs for a new user like yourself.

Steph2323

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montgomery County Pa
Welcome.I find that the marlboro taste is very close to the flavor that I got from marlboro analogs and I liked them. Did you get any juice? Because people have posted recipes on here for making their own and you may be able to add some menthol to that and it make be better for you.
Stephanie

I ordered an M401 mini from absolutelyecigs.com, very eager to try the e-cig method, because for years I've been thinking that the problem with getting off cigarettes was not just the drug (nicotine), but the habit. Just stop doing something you've done 20 times a day for your whole adult lfe? I don't see myself doing that, though others certainly have.

I wanted a black e-cig, because it is obviously not a cigarette. Somehow in ordering I submitted my payment before I specified colors, etc., which meant I would get the standard white battery and orange cartridge. I e-mailed absolutelyecigs, and within an hour or so got a friendly reply. Of course I could change the battery and cartridge color, and would I like a different LED color? Why yes, blue please.

The order (~$55) was shipped two days later by registered mail from Hong Kong, and took another 10 days to get here. When I opened it I realized that I had not specified flavor, so got the standard "Marlboro". I've smoked menthol for like 50 years.

Until I can get some menthol I'm using the Marlboro, and very nasty it is, too. If this is how Marlboros taste I don't see how they ever sold the second pack. But otherwise I am enjoying the freedom to "smoke" without stinking up my house, going out in the cold when I'm babysitting (although I do go in the bathroom and turn on the fan - paranoid), or having messy ashtrays everywhere.

I'm going to stock up on these things, anticipating a ban, since we are now all at the mercy of irrational zealots.

Sorry for the length - I'll calm down soon.

Dagnagan[/quote]

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I forgot to mention too that you should get some liquid from one of the many reputable suppliers in the forum.

Imo, the M401 works best when you refill the cartridge and at the same time drip a few drops on the atomiser. Its works far better than just pre filled carts alone. The vapor and throat hit is unbelievable. However, do not overfill it. Just let the fiber be well soaked but not totally submerged in liquid.

Hope this helps...

I received my M401 yesterday from absolutelyecigs and have charged all my batteries. I think I need to learn how to smoke them to get the full benefit. There appears to be a good amount of smoke but it doesn't seem consistent. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or not doing something correctly.

I didn't order any ejuice because I wasn't sure of the strength I should order. It seems like I used the cart quickly, but I'm not sure if that was it either. The battery seemed to last like 6-7 hours before I needed to use another.

I just take a few drags, put it down, few more drags a bit later. Like that. It seems to satisfy my analog craving but I'd like it if I could smoke it more.

Some tips on how to get maximum benefit would be appreciated.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I received my M401 yesterday from absolutelyecigs and have charged all my batteries. I think I need to learn how to smoke them to get the full benefit. There appears to be a good amount of smoke but it doesn't seem consistent. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or not doing something correctly.

I didn't order any ejuice because I wasn't sure of the strength I should order. It seems like I used the cart quickly, but I'm not sure if that was it either. The battery seemed to last like 6-7 hours before I needed to use another.

I just take a few drags, put it down, few more drags a bit later. Like that. It seems to satisfy my analog craving but I'd like it if I could smoke it more.

Some tips on how to get maximum benefit would be appreciated.

Prefilled carts don't last as long in any models of e-cigs, i'm afraid. Thats why most of us buy liquids and refill ourselves. The inconsistency is most probably due to dry carts.

As i mentioned to dagnagan, we are better off refilling the carts with the liquid of our choice. My advice will be to refill the cart and everytime you do that, make it a habit to also drip a few drops on the atomiser. Do it slowly, letting every drop be absorbed by the atomiser before dripping another drop.

I usually do not reuse a cart for more than 2-3 days. Its just my thing and it may be different with others. I tried with a few flavors in my first order and then once i decided that i liked Marlboro High, i ordered 150 carts from absolutelyecigs.com together with other items. Its cheap enough and the fixed shipping makes the deal even sweeter. Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread