Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I am the same way! I have a 2 ziplock baggies one has my protank heads the other my T3S Heads. I always think "one day I will learn how to recoil my own heads" I also have been saving old cartos that was from when I started vaping in Sept! But I finally did throw them away.

If you want go on youtube and learn how to recoil. You can buy wire and wicks for like 5 bucks and it goes a long way. Im thinking about finally doing it since I have some extra time and its something I would like to know how to do.

jotook24tovaip

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas Tx. USA
Yeah I have some old cartos from my fin 510 kit too. I learned that kanger t3s and evod replacements are the same not sure if they match the protank or if they are rebuildable but mine are aprox $1.19 each before shipping so I can't figure out what I think I am gonna do with em! Glad I'm not alone. Oh yeah my t2 and t3s replacements are 1.8 ohm.

Last edited:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I think protank and evod heads are interchangeable. The evod heads are a bit different (shorter center post) but fit in the protank. They are said to give a tighter draw in the protank. I have also read that kanger is phasing out the evod heads and going to only protank type. Information on that in a thread here on ecf and on the discount vapers website.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
if you're tossing t3s heads, ill take em :)

I am the same way! I have a 2 ziplock baggies one has my protank heads the other my T3S Heads. I always think "one day I will learn how to recoil my own heads" I also have been saving old cartos that was from when I started vaping in Sept! But I finally did throw them away.

If you want go on youtube and learn how to recoil. You can buy wire and wicks for like 5 bucks and it goes a long way. Im thinking about finally doing it since I have some extra time and its something I would like to know how to do.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have Protank, Vivi Nova, and Kanger T3 heads in a ziplock for future rebuild. I just keep buying a box or two here and there and don't do it. I rebuilt one and decided to wait until I had a double handful to do it again. You get better with repetition and mass production makes the chore a one time activity.

I'm going to do it, I'm just waiting for the urge to hit me. ;)

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
I know it's silly but why do I struggle with throwing away my old clearomizers and replacement heads? I never reuse them but I hold on to them for days or even longer before I toss em. Am I alone in this?:oops:

I have a drawer of crap too. Then again, the garage ashtray wasn't emptied as orten as it should have been either.

DasFriek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Ohio
I think protank and evod heads are interchangeable. The evod heads are a bit different (shorter center post) but fit in the protank. They are said to give a tighter draw in the protank. I have also read that kanger is phasing out the evod heads and going to only protank type. Information on that in a thread here on ecf and on the discount vapers website.

The center air hole is larger on the PT and the reason for more air, also the bottom pin has deeper air grooves that allow more air to reach the center hole. I still save Evod heads even if I don't use them, they make good gifts as custom rebuilt parts to friends who like to try new things.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Procrastination saves energy. I've been saying for a couple of weeks that I was going to spray some Round-up in my flowerbeds where the Mimosa trees are taking over. Finally did that a few minutes ago in 90 degree humidity. I ran out of Round-up before I got through and made a note to get some more for ANOTHER day!

I'm going to order some silica wicks and Kanthal wire next time I order juice and heads. Yeah, that's the ticket!

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
I finally sat down with some wick and wire and rebuild some Protank heads a few days ago. I even did one with a stainless wick (pain in the ...., and when I finally got rid of all the hotspots it was 3.8 ohms... :facepalm:) and one with cotton. I'm going to sit myself down with my supplies this weekend and just do a mass rebuild... I've got about 30 of them hanging around.

jotook24tovaip

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas Tx. USA
I have a drawer of crap too. Then again, the garage ashtray wasn't emptied as orten as it should have been either.

Wow, the ashtray...haven't seen one in a while, I was pretty much connected to one for most of my adult life. Amazing how quick I was able to forget analogs.

jotook24tovaip

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas Tx. USA
I finally sat down with some wick and wire and rebuild some Protank heads a few days ago. I even did one with a stainless wick (pain in the ...., and when I finally got rid of all the hotspots it was 3.8 ohms... :facepalm:) and one with cotton. I'm going to sit myself down with my supplies this weekend and just do a mass rebuild... I've got about 30 of them hanging around.

I would like to learn more about the atomizer...try a rebuild.
I love that avatar (is that what your pic is called?) That's how I felt when I first vaped with a low Res and a 50/50 juice. Pluuumes of vapor!

Truncheon

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
i just got a couple evods and a pack replacement heads in the mail last week. the only evods i have - but i have a couple protanks already. i was expecting the evods and replacement heads to have the shorter stem. they do not. they look exactly like my protank heads, and hit the same, i'd say, too. the box the blister pack of replacement heads came in is marked as evod replacement heads. so maybe they are discontinuing the evod heads in favor of the protank style.

i rebuilt a few of my old protank heads with some 2mm silica and 32ga kanthal. 5 or 6 wraps directly on the wick gave me around 1.5 ohm. they hit nicely and are less gurgly and leaky than the stock heads, so far.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I have always found as soon as I throw something out, I find a use for it and end up having to go out and buy something new. Nowadays in our disposable society I tend to think long and hard about what I am getting rid of and if there is a way to re-purpose it. I always look for things that last and before long in this country a lot of others will be too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread