Status
Not open for further replies.

alamor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2011
idaho
Hello All,

The last week or so I have noticed my throat and chest kinda burning. My chest is ALMSOT like heartburn but it isn't in my stomach, it's in my lung area. And my throat is kinda scratchy and irritated. Has anyone else had any issues or is it just me? I am not vaping anything crazy, I normally do a 60/40 PG/VG and 12mg nicotine level. If anyone can give me any insight on this I sure would appreciate it.

alamor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2011
idaho
The chest burning I haven't heard of before, but the sore throat could be caused by not drinking enough water. Both PG and VG are hygroscopic. This means that they attract moisture and will dehydrate you

thanks for the info, I have not been drinking much water the last few days. Been pounding water all evening I will let ya know how it turns out.

LadyPhoenix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Easton, PA
I had the chest burning and feeling of chest um, 'fullness' when I first started vaping last year. By fullness I mean sometimes I would feel like my lungs were congested, heavy, or like I had been chain smoking all night.

#1 I had acid reflux before vaping. Even though smoking is bad for reflux, I've found vaping bothers it too. I avoid some flavors altogether now such as ones containing peppermint, it's a no-no if you have reflux.
#2 You might be PG sensitive. Maybe try lowering the PG and increasing the VG. I have switched to 100% VG for now and noticed an improvement in my skin and also don't feel like I've been chain smoking all night anymore.

Good luck.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Hello All,

The last week or so I have noticed my throat and chest kinda burning. My chest is ALMSOT like heartburn but it isn't in my stomach, it's in my lung area. And my throat is kinda scratchy and irritated. Has anyone else had any issues or is it just me? I am not vaping anything crazy, I normally do a 60/40 PG/VG and 12mg nicotine level. If anyone can give me any insight on this I sure would appreciate it.

VG burned by throat and stomach. It seems to me at least half the people who have tried VG experience the same thing. I suggest no longer using VG.

HTH,
Dave

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
VG burned by throat and stomach. It seems to me at least half the people who have tried VG experience the same thing. I suggest no longer using VG.

HTH,
Dave

I've been using analogs for 2 days already because my throat gets burned and I cough trying to vape. I tried to switch between juices/cartomizers/batteries and 5V passtrough and no help. Even useless 510 batt give me a throat burning sensation. And there is maybe 20% of VG in juices. And everything was ok until 2 days ago.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I've been using analogs for 2 days already because my throat gets burned and I cough trying to vape. I tried to switch between juices/cartomizers/batteries and 5V passtrough and no help. Even useless 510 batt give me a throat burning sensation. And there is maybe 20% of VG in juices. And everything was ok until 2 days ago.

For the majority of juices, that is simply not true.

TinyTimberGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Wisconsin
picasaweb.google.com
For me it was the PG. I didn't have any chest issues, just the dry, scratchy throat. About every 3-4 days it would sort of build up and I'd get terrible phlegm and indigestion, though not my 'typical' indigestion. I've gradually cut my juices down to where I'm now 100% VG and they symptoms have disappeared. Good luck.

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
Sounds similar to reflux which I had when I first started.

I had the chest burning and feeling of chest um, 'fullness' when I first started vaping last year. By fullness I mean sometimes I would feel like my lungs were congested, heavy, or like I had been chain smoking all night.

#1 I had acid reflux before vaping. Even though smoking is bad for reflux, I've found vaping bothers it too. I avoid some flavors altogether now such as ones containing peppermint, it's a no-no if you have reflux.
#2 You might be PG sensitive. Maybe try lowering the PG and increasing the VG. I have switched to 100% VG for now and noticed an improvement in my skin and also don't feel like I've been chain smoking all night anymore.

Good luck.

I agree, it sounds like reflux. One of the side effects of nicotine is that it relaxes the lower esophageal sphincter and allows gastric acid to creep up into your esophagus, resulting in that burning sensation in your chest. The only real way to reduce reflux is to either cut down your nicotine intake (by either vaping less or by lowering your juice nic concentration) or by taking antacids.

As for your dry, irritated throat....it's pretty much what everyone has already stated. Just drink more water.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I agree, it sounds like reflux. One of the side effects of nicotine is that it relaxes the lower esophageal sphincter and allows gastric acid to creep up into your esophagus, resulting in that burning sensation in your chest. The only real way to reduce reflux is to either cut down your nicotine intake (by either vaping less or by lowering your juice nic concentration) or by taking antacids.

As for your dry, irritated throat....it's pretty much what everyone has already stated. Just drink more water.

Right on. The surgeon who did my colonoscopy said there is no harm in taking prilosec every day indefinitely. He was nearly recommending it. It is expensive, even the generic. But since I've been doing it I have a lot less stomach problems of any kind, so it's worth it.

HTH,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread