ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
wattage is 70
ohms is .2
vaping for ~2yrs
Welcome and glad you joined.
Your problem could result from many causes. Some remedies have been mentioned. My first recommendation of this type is to try to vape by eliminating all possible causes first. Could try vaping VG only and see if the sore goes away. If is does, suspect PG intolerance and/or ohms/high heat problem. If it does not go a way, VG intolerance and/or ohms/high heat problem. If PG/VG ok then add nic and check. I left out a few steps but you get the idea. Test by process of elimination. Could read through these:
Why is My Ejuice Harsh? (Updated) – DIY OR DIE Vaping
Why Your E Juice Tastes Harsh (And How To Fix It...)
Exploring PG Allergy: Sensitivities, Allergies and What Vapers Can Do About It – Ashtray Blog
PG Sensitivity
Harsh Juice? Some Troubleshooting Tips : DIY_eJuice
Wattage vs. Flavor | E-Cigarette Forum
How many watts do you vape at?
How to adjust your base to reduce that peppery harsh Nicotine taste | E-Cigarette Forum

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
I do use salts exclusively and mix my salt bases anywhere from 3-9mg.

Ah, that explains your saltiness. :)

I think your problem is more likely the flavor concentrates in that particular juice.

I agree with that assessment. It sounds like someone is having a go with folks here otherwise. Not to assume but I've been vaping about three years by two years I knew to adjust airflow, build, wicking, so on. Also knew about breaking a vape in on a regulated device.

Yes, I started out on those. So, if I knew it, ... it only seems logical to think somebody else could figure it out as well. I'm not the brightest bulb maybe but even a dim candle can light a dark room. So yes, it seems the flavorings would be the issue. Simple solution, toss juice you don't like buy fresh new juice you do like.

Not our fault you spent $15 to get a larger bottle. You might have gotten a smaller bottle to try it out for less. That's not on us so please seek entertainment, revenge elsewhere. Because unfortunately, I no longer care. So yes, I'll be blunt and perhaps an .......

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Skyscorcher

Jun 11, 2019
Ah, that explains your saltiness. :)

I agree with that assessment. It sounds like someone is having a go with folks here otherwise. Not to assume but I've been vaping about three years by two years I knew to adjust airflow, build, wicking, so on. Also knew about breaking a vape in on a regulated device.

Yes, I started out on those. So, if I knew it, ... it only seems logical to think somebody else could figure it out as well. I'm not the brightest bulb maybe but even a dim candle can light a dark room. So yes, it seems the flavorings would be the issue. Simple solution, toss juice you don't like buy fresh new juice you do like.

Not our fault you spent $15 to get a larger bottle. You might have gotten a smaller bottle to try it out for less. That's not on us so please seek entertainment, revenge elsewhere. Because unfortunately, I no longer care. So yes, I'll be blunt and perhaps an .......
boy that escalated quickly

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I wouldn't toss it. My strawberry banana juice that I make occasionally takes a little while to steep properly, and is quite harsh before its done. Almost a month steep time for my particular mix. Just set that flavor to the side and come back and try it in a few weeks. Maybe it is a fresh batch and hasnt had enough time to steep all the way.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
boy that escalated quickly

I'm sure you would be the expert, no?

Let me diffuse something though. I'm not asking that as a means to further escalate, or to be the bully. That's not me. Nor is a non-caring person me. That made clear I am also not a f---ing doormat either that appreciates anyone and their brother telling me how I ought to be, especially if they don't know me. I figure if they knew me they would know that. Guess the last week has shown me who knows me if anything else.

So, if you are some kind of expert, have at it by all means. I'd welcome any kind of advice you got for how to pick friends, how to avoid being hurt by those you think are friends. Maybe you could teach me to have a wood shop in an apartment? Yes, I do see a therapist. Yes, I have some things going on in life. But no, I'm not quite as unstable as some might think.

I wind up lost a good bit, like now. I can get by most things except doubting. It always makes a mess, here is one I'm trying to prevent and clean up. Thought I could see friends correctly. Oh well, I'm human I reckon.

My apologies to the OP, and thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread