Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturne31

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2014
U.K.
Hey all

I noticed that after 8 drags, the throat hit becomes very weak... I find that I have to space out my sessions for me to feel it... I use an MVP 3, Black Cherry 80/20 VG PG. 12mg nicotine. I ordered a bottle with 18mg to see what it's like and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I can't up my PG content as it gives me a dry mouth... Any suggestions? I hate waiting in between sessions!

Note that the first 8 drags are satisfying.

Thanks in advance

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Then everything gets heated up and the vape changes and it is no longer what you expect.

I seriously doubt changing Nic % is going to correct anything. At best it should make the first 8 draws seem to strong.

Sounds like you are looking for performance not supported by your current choice of hardware.

Nocturne31

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2014
U.K.
Then everything gets heated up and the vape changes and it is no longer what you expect.

I seriously doubt changing Nic % is going to correct anything. At best it should make the first 8 draws seem to strong.

Sounds like you are looking for performance not supported by your current choice of hardware.

I agree

I have a ton of Voltage and Wattage levels that I am yet to take advantage of because it burns so quickly. What do you suggest?

Nocturne31

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2014
U.K.
The tiny pieces of wicking material in the evod2 head aren't going to wick 80% vg well / fast enough to keep up / supply juice.

I'm not sure but I think it was you who suggested a few tanks to me. I'm finding it difficult to choose, what am I looking for here? I've always stuck with iclears and evods really, so I've never ventured into the other world.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The mvp3 has a .4Ω minimum so you’ll have to chose something with replaceable heads .4Ω or more.
You’ll also want to reduce you nic mg by about half if you chose to go to a sub ohm clearo.

The nautlius & silo tank will be a big step above what you’re currently using, but are limited to 12-18w depending on pg/vg ratio & flavorings. The isub-g & atlantis are another big step up from the naut& silo, but, use sub ohm heads.

Eleaf GS Air
Eleaf Melo
Aspire Nautilus
Beyond Vape Silo Tank
Kabuki
Innokin iSub-G
Aspire Atlantis

Really there are too many delivery devices that will allow you to utilize more of your power devices capabilities and get a better/ consistent vape to list them all.

Guzzard

Aug 8, 2013
San Pedro Ca, USA
Happens with me too. I'm on a Kayfun at 1.13 ohms with 35/65 pg/vg 14mg. What helps me with the throat hit is menthol.
But still I lose the throat hit and have to wait for it to show up. I guess it's just the way vaping is. It's a shame though, throat hit is the most important aspect that I love about vaping.
I'm surprised I haven't came across more threads with this problem. I'm sure it happens to everybody.

Reactions: Puff2K

Nocturne31

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2014
U.K.
The mvp3 has a .4Ω minimum so you’ll have to chose something with replaceable heads .4Ω or more.
You’ll also want to reduce you nic mg by about half if you chose to go to a sub ohm clearo.

The nautlius & silo tank will be a big step above what you’re currently using, but are limited to 12-18w depending on pg/vg ratio & flavorings. The isub-g & atlantis are another big step up from the naut& silo, but, use sub ohm heads.

Eleaf GS Air
Eleaf Melo
Aspire Nautilus
Beyond Vape Silo Tank
Kabuki
Innokin iSub-G
Aspire Atlantis

Really there are too many delivery devices that will allow you to utilize more of your power devices capabilities and get a better/ consistent vape to list them all.

And is the sub option avoidable? Or am I stuck with it? Because I notice that the throat hit does fade as the drip tip gets hotter... So are you sure it's the heat? Thank you for the list!

Nocturne31

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2014
U.K.
Happens with me too. I'm on a Kayfun at 1.13 ohms with 35/65 pg/vg 14mg. What helps me with the throat hit is menthol.
But still I lose the throat hit and have to wait for it to show up. I guess it's just the way vaping is. It's a shame though, throat hit is the most important aspect that I love about vaping.
I'm surprised I haven't came across more threads with this problem. I'm sure it happens to everybody.

It's so annoying! When I used to smoke a hookah, the throat hit is consistent for like half an hour! I feel like my throat gets too used to the throat hit after 8 puffs, maybe that's the problem? Vaping without a throat hit is something I will never understand. I don't see the point. Why would I wanna stare at clouds?

Reactions: AndriaD

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I gave several options and there are literally dozens more that do not use sub ohm resistance heads.
Your throat hit is diminishing because the wicking material can't wick fast enough to keep the wicking material closest to the coil fully saturated.
Throat hit = nic mg, PG%, air flow, heat, wicking ability.
High VG% mutes throat hit & flavor.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I agree

I have a ton of Voltage and Wattage levels that I am yet to take advantage of because it burns so quickly. What do you suggest?

Vape should always be started lower in wattage and gradually moved up over several draws. If it starts to Hit Dry or sort of burnt power needs to be reduced until a consistent vape is reached.

If you are not ready to test out a more open Tank design your choices are a bit limited on increased power Atomizers.

Protank Mini is actually a good choice for those willing to take the time to make adjustments and fine their preferred Vape level.
*Air Flow can go from Very open to almost none.
*Drip tip can be replaced with a more restrictive tip if preferred.
*Coils are available in several resistances with various power recommendations.
*Handles most liquid mixes without issues.
*** Adjust ability allows for experimentation and growth.

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
I gave several options and there are literally dozens more that do not use sub ohm resistance heads.
Your throat hit is diminishing because the wicking material can't wick fast enough to keep the wicking material closest to the coil fully saturated.

+1 on more PG for a better throat hit
i have also found that higher VG mutes the throat hit to some extent

there are a lot of threads in the juice section on here about those who use 0 nic still get some good throat hit with 50/50 mixes and higher on the PG side of things

Last edited:

Nocturne31

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2014
U.K.

Thank you... What do you think of the protank 3?

Nocturne31

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2014
U.K.
Vape should always be started lower in wattage and gradually moved up over several draws. If it starts to Hit Dry or sort of burnt power needs to be reduced until a consistent vape is reached.

If you are not ready to test out a more open Tank design your choices are a bit limited on increased power Atomizers.

Protank Mini is actually a good choice for those willing to take the time to make adjustments and fine their preferred Vape level.
*Air Flow can go from Very open to almost none.
*Drip tip can be replaced with a more restrictive tip if preferred.
*Coils are available in several resistances with various power recommendations.
*Handles most liquid mixes without issues.
*** Adjust ability allows for experimentation and growth.

I was thinking of the protank as well. I think airflow is a big issue here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread