Throat hit in low nic juices ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinnieVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Near Montreal QC
Dear Experts

I am trying to lower the nic level of my juices by DIY but in most cases the throat hit is reduced too much. I start with 26 or 18 mg/ml liquid and going down to 14 or 12 works a bit but at 10 mg/ml it sometimes feel like only air !

What flavors or ingredients should I put in my juices to raise or simulate the throat hit ? Is it possible ?

Many thanks.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Dear Experts

I am trying to lower the nic level of my juices by DIY but in most cases the throat hit is reduced too much. I start with 26 or 18 mg/ml liquid and going down to 14 or 12 works a bit but at 10 mg/ml it sometimes feel like only air !

What flavors or ingredients should I put in my juices to raise or simulate the throat hit ? Is it possible ?

Many thanks.

There is one hot pepper flavor made by a poster 'Walrus':

Video: DIY Throat Hit

Other flavors that can feel like a throat hit would be a hot cinnamon, strong menthol - Decadent Vapors - mentholyptus - which includes eucalyptus, strong lemonade (loranns flavors), and strong tobacco flavorings - dekang 555, Janty's 'Tob' tobacco, some cigar ejuices.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Understand that throat hit, as many would define it, is caused by nicotine. When nicotine passes over the muscles of the upper airways, it causes them to briefly contract. The smoker experiences a kind of gasp, where breath is taken away for an instant. It's a "wow" moment and even veteran smokers can get it with a powerful cigarette or by inhaling smoke from a cigar or pipe.

The same occurs to many with the nicotine in e-liquid. If it is sufficiently high -- which will be individually variable -- a "hit" is registered by the user. To relax the contracted muscles, the body coughs them back into correction. Inhale, gasp, cough! Hit registered.

Other additives might mimic that hit, but the contraction caused by the nicotine in smoke is what you're after -- and it will be replicated only with liquid containing high levels of nicotine. If the addictives are sufficient, however, go with them, as nicotine has some negative health consequences, particularly to the cardiovascular system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread