Throat hit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

smc

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
California
When I vape no nic liquid I usually punch myself in the throat. That seems to solve the problem /sarc

People usually say it is due to the nic content. I have only vaped a single cart of non nic. As I recall I did get a throat hit, but not as powerful as the higher strength stuff.

The lack of throat hit can also be caused by low power batteries, and the type of device.

nocomply

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Princeton, Indiana
just thinking ahead if I start vaping no nic juice....I like the tingle in my throat and "swell" in the chest...this is what I enjoyed about smoking...
just don't want to lose that...if I jump to no nic juice...but it sounds it may be the case....

I like that punch yourself in the throat stuff...lol...made me litterally lol..

jvapor

Moved On
Aug 11, 2009
Alaska
sorry for this question, but, does throat hit come from the liquid, or nicotine in the liquid, or atty quality or?

I have zero nic juice and feel nothing.....

but sometimes I get more throat hit from lower nic juice on the same device...

Really, the throat hit comes from the flavor, Nicotine, and atty quality.

The higher the nicotine the stronger the throat hit. Some devices with better atty's like the 510 increase the throat hit. Some stronger flavors like brandy also increase the throat hit. IMHO I also think the voltage makes a difference. I can vape 0 nic juice on my 5v mod and get a decent throat hit. Also by adding some menthol crystals to your mix you can achieve a solid throat hit. In the mods section under DIY Eliquids there is a whole section about 0 Nic recipes and throat hit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread