throat hit too strong with NET- what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
I have tried some Good E juice's NET's and I do like them, not sure I will go with it as an ADV due to atomizer issues I've heard about from NET, but I figure it is worth a try. However... I'm noticing at 12mg it has an aggressive throat hit when I vape it in my EGo fresh off the charger. This Ego is cheap, unregulated, so it's around 4 volts off the charger. I'm using a 2.7-2.8 ohm top-coil clearomizer, which was an intentional choice as I wanted to try to get around 5 watts. I wish I could tone it down the throat hit a bit. I tried it on my S.O. 5-click variable volt Ego at the 3.7 setting and it's much more pleasant with this juice, it has a mild throat hit, which is what I prefer. 4+ volts just left my throat feeling scratchy.

Any suggestions? Get a variable volt mod? Vape different juices? Just get used to it? I've had my eye on a Vamo, but I'm not sure if it's worth getting if I only want 5-6 watts power. I also have some KR808 cig-a-likes and they vape fine but I think I'd like more battery power if I got into heavier vaping.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
I'm vaping GJ 4, their RY4 clone that uses NET. Actually, the vapor is decent and the flavor is good. I wanted to get my setup around 5 watts but of course at 4 volts it's almost six watts. When the battery discharges it will be below 5 watts. So the 2.8 ohm atomizer was a compromise.

With a fresh battery, GJ4 has a throat hit that's a bit much, especially in the morning, and it can leave my throat feeling a little scratchy. It's 50 percent VG, so that's not the issue. The throat hit feels like it's a higher PG ratio, or like there's something sharp in the juice that doesn't play well.

I've had this stuff for weeks. Do I need to steep it more?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread