Throat spasms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riddle80

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
Ok, I'm starting to get a little scared. I drove to the bank today vaping the whole way (had the 16mg RY4 in). Well, after about 15 min my throat muscles felt like they were tightening up/cramping. It would tighten for about 20 secs or so then go away only to come back. I laid off vaping till a few min ago and now it's doing it again. You know when your leg/arm muscles gets those weird twitches? That's almost how it feels, but lasting longer and with my throat :confused:. It's in the center where guys adam's apples would be towards the front. Any suggestions as to why this is happening would be appreciated. It feels really weird (like my airways are tightening) and I just want to make sure I'm alright. Thanks :)

riddle80

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
The only thing different is I usually use mainly Marlboro w/a little RY4 and ran out of Marlboro so I was using strait RY4 today. The spasms stopped about 5 min ago. Just wish I knew what in the heck was causing it. I googled "throat spasms" and it came up saying it was most likely an allergic reaction or some type of acid reflux. I have no idea. Didn't know if anyone else had experienced this yet.

Pegaso

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
Spain
I'm not a doctor, but it looks like an allergic reaction to me... :confused:

Maybe you are allergic to something used in that e-liquid, and you didn't notice before 'cos concentration wasn't enough...

I'd try using other liquids, not that one, and see if it happens again.
Anyway, to be sure, the best would be going to a doctor and look for possible allergies.

Good luck ;)

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
One of the eliquids I've been using for the last couple of days has been giving me a very irritating cough and achy chest. I didn't realise it was the juice until today and could hardly vape, when I did I got coughing fits.

I also get a bit of a gagging thing with my throat muscles when they are irritated.

My thoughts are that it's an additive in some of the flavours, harsh ones like heavy shag really irritate me, smooth flavours have been ok so far.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Ruyan's liquids tested in New Zealand came back with problems related to flavorings used. They changed the flavoring method and the problems went away. It does sound like an allergic reaction. Change e-liquid flavor and see if that helps. The bet is it's not propylene glycol or nicotine. It's something in the flavoring used. RY4 is my favorite, however. Thank goodness it doesn't cause me any problems.

riddle80

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
Yeah, it's too bad. The strait RY4 was starting to grow on me. I've got a fresh batch of Marlboro and some others that should be here tomorrow. I think I'll be ok mixing the RY4, but I won't use it strait anymore. I know it's not the PG or nic because I've been vaping for over a week now and haven't had this happen. I've got bad allergies so it doesn't surprise me much. I hope it doesn't happen again though! It was kind of scary. Thanks for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread