Throw Your VIVI NOVA'S Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Sorry - I can't throw mine out either. I know I didn't like it much at first - but after the first tank and cleaning it has been great. I just retired the first coil (head) this week after using it for a couple of months and even with the new coil it is still working good. I also like the T3 and the EVOD. I find it very easy to clean and fill and no leaking :banana:

I know I am still new at all of this - but I tried the dripping - first with a Phoenix clone - Bully I think - it lasted only a few days and died. I kept all the parts - but I am really not ready to try the re-building thing. Next I tried 510 Bridgeless Low Resistance Atomizer - 2.0ohm and a Genuine Joyetech 306 LR Atomizer. Honestly - I am not getting how the juice tastes better when dripping.

Mostly I find it is messy and I think I am getting better or as good of flavor from the Vivi Nova, T3 and even a Nano than I did with the dripping. I guess that is why it is great that there are so many options. The toughest part for a newbie is to find the one that works best for "you".

So - by all means throw our your Vivi Nova if it isn't working for you - but maybe better to find someone that likes it and give it away :)

AlmityPunx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Texas
i got my novas before i got my first stardust or dct tank... tried about every different delivery device you can think of (besides RBA... only 2 in that department)

i find that the novas are the most consistant and low maintanance to date. i will be ordering a few of the vapeonlys on friday (payday) along with a drunkard tank... we shall see if the novas continue to dominate or if they will be moved to the back shelf

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
i have like 10 vivi's now not about to toss them quite yet, but im always looking for better,love my rebuildables but sometimes they can just be a pain to get fine tuned and running just right.

cartos are ok if you can keep them from flooding or drying out, they can really just be a hit or miss its like gambling every-time i open a new one,one hole and there to dry ,two holes and you might do ok for awhile then it floods,three holes...does anyone really buy these?major flood issues.

dripping taste great for awhile but is a pain in the .... but i do like them for testing DIY flavors,no way i would use them daily tho.

it be nice if something came out that just worked.....all the time....and was convenient to use and had good flavor.
vivi's have been close to that for me at times but you always end up with a bad one from time to time or it clogs etc.

Billy Giron

May 2, 2012
A, A
hahah, my thread finally got some attention! ok obviously this is my opinion. i can tell you that i have owned close to ten genuine vivi nova's, and they were fine. my only complaints were tough draw at times, loss of flavor, and burnt taste when i get about half way down.
the vapeonly BCC just seems to give way more vapor and flavor. i have had burning issues but fixed it by taking a bit of the wick out and loosening it up a little. also i like the fact that i can adjust the tightness of the draw to allow for more or less air. definitely cant wait for the protank though, i think its going to take a huge dump on the vivi's

Boognish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Chocolate Town
I wasn't a fan of novas either until I saw a yt video about rebuilding them with ss mesh wicks. Vivi Nova SS Wick tutorial - YouTube I rarely brought my rba tanks out of the house because I would lay them down in my truck or in my pocket forgetting that they would leak. With the mesh wick in a vivi nova, I don't have to worry about it leaking and I can get great flavor and vapor production. So send me your novas if you don't want them!

weisner

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Costa Mesa, CA
Wait, I just threw away all my Vivi's and when I actually read what you posted, it's only "when" you get the BCC SuperUltraMegalord working that...damnit now everything is in the garbage! I don't even remember buying bananas and there's a skin in there, too!
Billy! :shakes fist: BILLY WHAT HAVE YOU MADE ME DO

Nice SAMMAS icon, I was pretty sure I was the only Palladium RIFTS fan/admin left.

EDGECRUSHER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Nice SAMMAS icon, I was pretty sure I was the only Palladium RIFTS fan/admin left.

I had a tattoo artist work with me on getting a CS skull drawn up. Not that I dig the CS, I just always loved the artwork and the story of the Rifts game. Too bad it's a niche in a niche now :(

I use a SAMAS almost everywhere, the joke being that with as many body parts as I've broken, torn, and had surgery on, my avatar is really me from the future :]

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I'm already ahead of OP.... Threw my VVN down in disgust the moment I discovered pyrex carto tanks...

If I wanted my juice to taste like crap, I'd steep it with some dog poo for a week.....or....just put it straight into my VVN. Same end result.

I see this quite a bit. I've got a carto tank on a mod i have at home. On another one I've got a vivi nova. I've never noticed any difference in taste. Out of blatant curiosity I blindfolded myself and had my wife hold up and fire the devices while I took a drag. I also had her put let me drag off an atomizer I had dripped with. There was a slight...very slight difference in the dripped atomizer taste that i could detect. With the carto tank and the vivi nova however, there was no noticeable difference at all. The only difference I see is that the novas go through more juice. But they are to me easier to fill and deal with on a daily bases.

To each their own though.

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
i have like 10 vivi's now not about to toss them quite yet, but im always looking for better,love my rebuildables but sometimes they can just be a pain to get fine tuned and running just right.

cartos are ok if you can keep them from flooding or drying out, they can really just be a hit or miss its like gambling every-time i open a new one,one hole and there to dry ,two holes and you might do ok for awhile then it floods,three holes...does anyone really buy these?major flood issues.

dripping taste great for awhile but is a pain in the .... but i do like them for testing DIY flavors,no way i would use them daily tho.

it be nice if something came out that just worked.....all the time....and was convenient to use and had good flavor.
vivi's have been close to that for me at times but you always end up with a bad one from time to time or it clogs etc.

Very close to my thoughts. I have 8 vivi novas .. My husband loves them ( so easy and we had not had one issue with leakage or dry hits and get great vapor) for me I like the flavor and draw on a carto better but the cartos are so hit or miss.. ( one will be absolutely perfect and I think I've finally found my setup .. Then the next few primed and done the same way will suck. So while I don't personally love the Vivis.. They work good and have been the most consistent so far for us. So don't tell me what to do! I will not throw them out!

albcig

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2012
tirana
i see people loving their vivi novas. i was loving the carto tanks until i tried the genesis. then i understood that i was kinda wrong. never i had tasted that rich and full flavor until the genesis. so i ask to the people who think that vivi novas work just great and all that, have you tried something better and still think they work great?

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
i see people loving their vivi novas. i was loving the carto tanks until i tried the genesis. then i understood that i was kinda wrong. never i had tasted that rich and full flavor until the genesis. so i ask to the people who think that vivi novas work just great and all that, have you tried something better and still think they work great?

I have an AGA-T+. I still think the vivi novas work great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread