Thunder ES - Did you go there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
I use mini portions almost exlusively. I can even cut a 4 mg Stonewall in half, pop only half, and be completely satisfied. I was not ready for Thunder ES. I did not order it. It was thrown in as a free can with my last order.

Within 30 seconds of popping it, I began salivating like a Saint Barnard, every blood vessel in my skull lit up like a Xmas tree, it felt like lighter fluid was draining down the back of my throat, and I got rapid speed niccups, like a machine gun. Additionally, the portion was so huge it made me look like a recent victim of domestic violence.

It was not a pleasant experience. I can't think of a situation were it would ever be necessary to use Thunder ES again. However, I am sensitive to high levels of nicotine, so any who wish to use Thunder ES should take my experiences with a grain of salt.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
I did. I am not sure I can go there again either.

Yup twice, and these are the two varieties of snus that I didn't like but not because they're ES.

I bought the Wintergreen one because I had no idea what it was (looked like some kind of berry on Wikipedia). Wrong. It tastes just like root beer to me - blech. It was SO strong nicotine wise I had to take it out after 10 minutes.

I've given it 2nd, 3rd & 4th attempts some time later but the flavour is just not doing it for me however I can tolerate the nicotine. It just tastes vile to me and the texture inside the pouch is too loose and puffy; I really like the hard packed ones such as Onyx & General Sterk.

Then...

After getting used to higher nicotine levels, I decided to get Thunder Frosted because it seems so popular and I like mint. Wrong again. Turns out it's spearmint and not peppermint. Blech again. Another can exiled to the freezer.

Sometimes shopping on the Internet is too easy. More research before purchase required...

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
I use mini portions almost exlusively. I can even cut a 4 mg Stonewall in half, pop only half, and be completely satisfied.

Yes in the beginning, I found the minis quite strong and one would last me for several hours. Now, I do two minis at the same time (=8-10mg) or more often one strong (=11-12mg). I think our/my gums become hardened to the nictotine as much as anything so we absorb it less quickly as time goes on.

Within 30 seconds of popping it, I began salivating like a Saint Barnard, every blood vessel in my skull lit up like a Xmas tree, it felt like lighter fluid was draining down the back of my throat, and I got rapid speed niccups, like a machine gun.
I couldn't even walk down the street with one in for fear of having a heart attack the effect was so strong. Also too much saliva but I was putting it too far back to begin with. No problems now-a-days.

Additionally, the portion was so huge it made me look like a recent victim of domestic violence.
Lol, that's so true. I'm just waiting for someone at work to say "what the hell have you got in your mouth all the time?" Another reason I prefer the hard packed ones, they're [slightly] more discrete.

<thread hijack, sorry>I find snus more calming than e-cigs (or even analogs for that matter).
Looking back I can see that analogs kept me on edge much of the time and with e-cigs I think I was constantly fighting to get enough nicotine.
Or perhaps snus, being tobacco, has the mystery ingredient that e-cig users complain about missing plus, being oral, is less spikey than analogs.

Just pondering, how do others find their moods with snus versus e-cigs and/or analogs</thread hijack, sorry>

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
<thread hijack, sorry>

Ehhh, why the hell not?

I find snus more calming than e-cigs (or even analogs for that matter).

FACT: Analogs give a very steep spike of nicotine in the blood, which subsides rather quickly.

FACT: Snus gives a gradual incline and decline of nicotine in the blood, rather than a high peak that dies out quickly.

RESULT: With snus you are no longer on a roller coaster with nicotine ups and downs numerous times throughout the day. It's steady as she goes with snus. Hell yeah that makes it more calming, in my opinion.

As far as e-cigs, it's the damn upkeep that does a tap dance on my last nerve. At least with analogs, you grabbed your cigs and lighter before you left the house. With e-cigs, you have to grab the e-cig, a backup battery, possibly a charger, depending on where you are going and how long you will be gone, either of extra cartridges or liquids to refill, etc and on. Why must I have to carry a purse around just to get some nicotine? Additionally, with vaping I want to hit it constantly, which is not the case with analogs or snus.

Snus is easier than both. Pop a tin in your back pocket and you are good to go. I want my nicotine with the most efficient method of delivery and as low maintenance as possible. Also, if you are planning on growing tobacco to make snus, it takes far fewer plants to make enough snus to cover 4 mini-portions per day, than if you had to grow enough tobacco to cover the 10 pounds you used to smoke every quarter.

Looking back I can see that analogs kept me on edge much of the time

How many times a day were we getting that sharp nicotine spike, that left us just as quickly as it peaked?

and with e-cigs I think I was constantly fighting to get enough nicotine.

My problem is I could never tell when I reached my limit, until it felt as if every blood vessel in my head was about to explode. (And that's with 4-6 mg strength liquid!) I especially have to watch it late at night. It has hit me like caffeine these past two nights in particular, but I hadn't vaped for at least six weeks prior.

Or perhaps snus, being tobacco, has the mystery ingredient that e-cig users complain about missing

Vitamin N, delivered by Mother Nature herself, in a naturally occurring plant form as intended, that has the exact same health consequences as not smoking at all, which really pisses off the rabid antis.

plus, being oral, is less spikey than analogs.

Analogs are like taking a shot of liquor, while snus is like doing a valium.

Last edited:

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
I bought the Wintergreen one....It tastes just like root beer to me - blech.

Thunder Frosted is one of the few snus that I really dislike .. a lot. I can't stand it for more than about 10 minutes. Tastes just godawful.

/me revise the list of snus I refuse to purchase:

1. Offroad anything.
2. Phantom anything.
3. Camel anything, from either country.
4. Ghetto Prix
5. Thunder anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread