Status
Not open for further replies.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
First came Stamer, which became Prometey I, then Prometey LE. Now we have Prometey II with all the great flavor and vapor of the ones that came before it. It is a 22mm rebuildable drip tank,Titanium,light as a feather. It can be carried about,layed down without fear of juice pouring out. It is the best (IMO) for having the closest taste of a dripping atomizer.

This atty MIMICS dripping on a 510, 306, etc depending on how you set it up. I have always loved the taste of dripping and this is the closest I have ever found. It does NOT taste like a genisis, it does not leak - unless you get carried away and way over fill the filler or mesh For those that love the taste of dripping, but hate buying atomizers or actually dripping on one - this is the device for you. Plus it holds up to 3.5 ml of juice. You will not be disappointed.

Prometey II is a magnificent drip tank, taken to a new level - 22mm with the ADDED features of air contol and an adjustable positive pin. It will work on any 510 device because the air intake is on side of bottom section. You can use a flat top cap with no problems. Performance is just as great as P1 - It will look much better once you have it in your hands. The machining and polishing is top notch and I can find no fault with it. I would suggest you put a very light coating of vaseline on the threads and o-ring. Many people do not do this, or think to do it but it will keep your threads operating very smoothly.

The air control can be adjusted from 0.3mm to 1.8mm. Those who like an airy or tight draw will be very happy. It is adjusted with an allen wrench on the bottom of the atty. For maximum flavor and vapor I suggest a long slow draw. It really shines when vaped like that. It is a warm vape - not too hot, not too cool. One's throat hit can be changed by raising or lowering the coil above the airhole.

It is a very simple device with very few parts and easy to set up. Even relatively new vapers will find it easy to use for their first RBA. Attach your coil with a phillips screw driver, add the filler (which is sterlilzed water filter) to the top, fill with juice and vape. The juice in the filler feeds your wick. You will be able to tell when it is starting to need more juice. Then just remove tank and add more juice. Make sure you dont overfill the tank so when you set it down it doesnt pour out of the filler onto table or paper.
When I am lazy, I just add more juice through the top cap, tip to the side and then upside down to get more juice in the filler. If I have put too much in and it gurgles - just blow the juice out through the air hole.That can happen - I have done it myself.

When adding the filler, a piece should be cut to just fit the 2 ends together and wide enough to be even with the bottom of the top air duct. Over packing the filler will not let it perform like it should. Lots of times we think more is better but that is not the case here. I put mine in from the bottom and move it around with tweezers. It can be done from the top but care should be taken not to get it caught up in the threads.

If filler is not preferred, then oxidized 400 mesh works well also in place of the filler. I prefer the filler, easier to install and also to change out juices. just remove tank and run water through it and the filler, tap the filler out, rinse somemore, pat dry and use again. Very simple to do and your tank is cleaned out at the same time. I dont even remove the top cap anymore.

If someone does not want to use the Juwel filler or mesh than 100 % organic cotton balls can also be used. I know a couple people who like this even more, so there are many options to use.

For wicks, I use ekowool or silica. There are those that use mesh or cotton. Its very versatile, so its up to you how to set it up. I have found I like coils with 30 or 32 gauge at 1.1 - 1.7 depending on the juice I use. I have moved away from
.8 and .9 YMMV Also - you do not want to make the wickloops too high - else it will fold over onto coil or block the airhole. - Yes I did that too a couple times. For 3mm and larger type silica or ekowool, no loops needed, just put the ends up to the filler, I do that with Imeo's wick.

Theres really not much more I can say about this tank except it is an epic device and all should have at least one in their arsenal - I highly recommend it. So lets move on to specifications and then pictures.

Technical data:

Material: titanium.
Diameter:22 mm.
Height (without connector and drip tip): 45 mm.
visually perceived part - 42 mm.
the volume under the synthetic filter - 4 cm3.
Volume:
- In tank mode: 3.5 ml;
- In drip mode: 1.7 ml.
Weight: 31 gr.
Liquid absorbing material: synthetic filler

Operation modes (see picture):
- drip-tank mode - wrap a piece of synthetic filler around the air tube of the tank top, drop 3-3.5 ml of e-liquid on the filler, screw the tank top on the connector part and vape. Instead synthetic filler metal mesh can be used (400 mesh)
- simple drip mode (without synthetic filler) - unscrew the tank top, drop 1-2 ml of e-liquid straight into the atomizer chamber, screw it back on and vape.

Completion:

"PROMETEY" set:
- atomizer "PROMETEY"
- allen key to adjust the air hole - 1 piece
- shims to adjust center pin
- thread of silica -1 meter
- nichrome wire 0.20 mm-1 meter
- plastic drip tip - 1 piece
- synthetic filler - 1 piece (enough for 7-10 substitutions)

Can be purchased at::

http://titanium-mods.com

Price is 110 euros shipped WORLDWIDE registered, signature required. Price also includes PP fees. Please check site on Payment details and the way it is handled.

A picture of mesh wick - courtesy of kdragn

Hammer meets Prometey 2

Prometey 2 on JGG prototype

DAWN - first light on Champagne Caravela

End of day

Ti Gryphon #94, Ti Hydra 2 # 122, Ti Prometey 1, Prometey 2 #1, #17, Prometey LE #1, Caravela, Poldiac #6, JGG Prototype, JGG, GGTS, GGTB, Nahual #16, DID, ZAU, ZAG, Hellfire Mega, The Bliss,, Patriot, UFS V1, Odyss, Penelope, Iatty, Nahual Prototype Genisis by Urquidezj, Kato Hammer #536

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Awesome dspin… I just paid for mine today. Thanks for the heads up.

I have used the heck out of my Gryphon for a long time now, Hydra 2 as well… and my ultimate best atomizer that I'd have to take with me to that deserted island, the one I can't do without is my Big Ben.. I got 2 of them, and one is in short tank drip mode.

In A o E attys, aside from the central air hole design, there's something about the air draw being just right too. I'm sure your Prometey setups get that full vapor and wonderful flavor like none others too.

I didn't care for the filler mode before with Prometey 1 as much as Big Ben or short tank drip mode, but I'm going to give the 22mm v11 another shot… but definitely got it for the drip mode, with wick tailing down to base, for the most beautiful, as well as functional atty around. 1.7 mil is a hell of a good amount of juice to drip at a time.

Between my 3 art of exhale drip tanks, and the Origen dripper, I hardly use any genesis attys any more. IMO the flavor is better with the former, and I've tried them all (except the Nahual … awesome collection you have).

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Nice review, dspin.
I'm on the pre-order list for this, I expect to have to pay soon. I plan to use this as my mesh dripper. I've been hoping for months for another Gryphon run, but I've heard nothing so far.

Ukeman, should note the Art of Exhale is a separate group, Titanium Mods of Ukraine is a reseller for them. Gryphon, Chrystal, Svarog, and Hydra are Art of Exhale's work, the others are Modders Group of Ukraine. A bit nit-picky, I know - but credit should go where it's due :)

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I've heard this… would someone tell me the back story?
I've only gotten attys from Vapor Wall, then from Titanium Mods of ukeraind, and usually through Bashik1 (Alekzander)'s corner and through his threads and emails.
Gryphon Prometey1 Axiom, Hydra2, Big Ben…
Modders Group different from Alekzander?

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Glad you got one Uke, yes the draw was always perfect, but some wanted adjustable draw - hence that has been added. Ive got mine adjusted to half way - whatever that is. Had to use a flashlight and magnifying glass to see where it was at.

Glad to see you got one to Evil - congrats

I think the Axiom was one that had an adjustment on the side of the base (screw)… also the Big Ben description i think, said the center pin was a air adjust…with allen wrench.
it must be the center air hole under the coil that makes it such a great vape to begin with.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I've heard this… would someone tell me the back story?
I've only gotten attys from Vapor Wall, then from Titanium Mods of ukeraind, and usually through Bashik1 (Alekzander)'s corner and through his threads and emails.
Gryphon Prometey1 Axiom, Hydra2, Big Ben…
Modders Group different from Alekzander?

Modders group from Ukraine is Titanium Mods for website and selling their stuff - Which Bashik is head of. Everything you see on that site is theirs, He is no longer on the Wall. He is on UKV now

AOE is no longer on the wall and sells their own stuff

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
For those who wish to change it up and use just as a dripper - here are pics another person did using no filler with less juice to change flavors more often. Cotton yarn and mesh

sqp374.jpg

347d4px.jpg

335b6up.jpg

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Nice review, dspin.
I'm on the pre-order list for this, I expect to have to pay soon. I plan to use this as my mesh dripper. I've been hoping for months for another Gryphon run, but I've heard nothing so far.

Ukeman, should note the Art of Exhale is a separate group, Titanium Mods of Ukraine is a reseller for them. Gryphon, Chrystal, Svarog, and Hydra are Art of Exhale's work, the others are Modders Group of Ukraine. A bit nit-picky, I know - but credit should go where it's due :)

I've held on to my Gryphon, but if you have a Big Ben, I'd trade you… lol. I wish I had gotten 2 short tanks for dripping (over a mil).
Got to work on my Gryphon setup… it has a narrower and smaller chamber which gives a nice warm vape, but I've gotten used to the BB for both tank and dripping in short mode.
I'm using a wider ID of coil now, and piece of 3mm eko with some hemp fiber in the middle and tailing down to base like the mesh photos.
I think I'll try a micro coil for more space in the chamber.
Thinking about mesh too…

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
I've held on to my Gryphon, but if you have a Big Ben, I'd trade you… lol. I wish I had gotten 2 short tanks for dripping (over a mil).
Got to work on my Gryphon setup… it has a narrower and smaller chamber which gives a nice warm vape, but I've gotten used to the BB for both tank and dripping in short mode.
I'm using a wider ID of coil now, and piece of 3mm eko with some hemp fiber in the middle and tailing down to base like the mesh photos.
I think I'll try a micro coil for more space in the chamber.
Thinking about mesh too…

Heh, can't help you there... the Big Ben looked a bit too big for my tastes, and the design was the least appealing to me of all the Ukrainian attys with the possible exception of the Antares. I hear they both vape great, but you know how it is - you want what you want!
I'll probably just wait patiently for them to make more Gryphons or whatever else those guys come up with for a dripper. I'm more of a genesis guy anyway. :)

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
can't wait D,

So this P 2 has adjustable air draw by allen wrench… on the bottom.
Is it on the bottom of the base?, because the photo shows a flat screw in the 510 connection… is that to adjust the positive connection to the top cap on your mechanical device?

the Big Ben has a allen wrench adjust right there in the connector.
The Axiom had a hole adjuster screw at the side of the base.

Oh i just saw one of the photos shows a hole at the side of the base… is that it?

1.7mil in short mode…. very nice!
I also love the top cap comes off so you can look inside from the top too!

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
can't wait D,

So this P 2 has adjustable air draw by allen wrench… on the bottom.
Is it on the bottom of the base?, because the photo shows a flat screw in the 510 connection… is that to adjust the positive connection to the top cap on your mechanical device?

the Big Ben has a allen wrench adjust right there in the connector.
The Axiom had a hole adjuster screw at the side of the base.

Oh i just saw one of the photos shows a hole at the side of the base… is that it?

1.7mil in short mode…. very nice!
I also love the top cap comes off so you can look inside from the top too!

Yes on very bottom of base adjacent to 510 threading - see it amongst the engraving

7e8500bf4cb7.jpg

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
thanks D, just got the FB notice of the Achilles…. dripper, with deep juice well, like the Origen, but Alekzandr style with center air hole…that is a must have for me.

I intend to use the P2 as a dripper, and i use one of my Big Ben's in short tank mode for dripping too… but like the Gryphon, they hold a mil or more, and imo they make the best "drippers"

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Yes, the Achilles looks boss and should be more aestheically pleasing at 22mm to many people. Lots of people worry about if an atty is same size as their PV, does it look good,, etc etc

I use to be one of those people myself, now I worry about the vape and looks later. However, the Achilles looks to be magnificent and cant wait to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread