Tightness of Airflow comparison of RDAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
What I find hard to get from reviews is the tightness of the airflow as compared to other RDAs I own. So I thought we should try and build a sort of ladder, with the tightest airflow on top, gradually moving down to loose airy RDAs.

I will start with the few that I have, and perhaps members can copy paste and add their own experiences accordingly.

Below is my collection, with the tightest on top and loosest at the bottom. Pls just copy paste in your comment and add your RDAs within this ladder/list.

Hadeon
Narda
Narca
Wasp
Templar
Radar

Reactions: stols001

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
Can't really compare with your RDAs either. Mine would be, from the airiest to the tightest :

Drop
Pulse 24
Dead Rabbit SQ
Waps Nano
Based on this, we can try and start building a ladder with my RDAs included:
(least open to most open)
Hadeon
Narda
Narca
Wasp
KRMA
Haku Venna
Lush Plus
Dead Rabbit SQ
Pulse 24
Nudge 22
Recurve
Drop
Templar
Radar

Im sure with other submissions/comments we will fine tune the list.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Would not the physical dimensions of the internal airflow ports dictate the limitations of each unit?

A single 1mm air hole in a VA cyclone would telegraph how much or how little air "could" be available.

If the air flow size is unknown or not listed along with the units, the list is, IMO, completely subjective and wholly irrelevant.

If a user has never experienced an rda, how can they garner any useful information from a random list of nothing but names?

YMMV
I

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Would not the physical dimensions of the internal airflow ports dictate the limitations of each unit?

A single 1mm air hole in a VA cyclone would telegraph how much or how little air "could" be available.

If the air flow size is unknown or not listed along with the units, the list is, IMO, completely subjective and wholly irrelevant.

If a user has never experienced an rda, how can they garner any useful information from a random list of nothing but names?

YMMV
I
I agree.
Coil size, coil position and wicking will also affect airflow.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Although wicking and coil placement can make a huge difference, there are huge differences what maximum airflow can be achieved on each RDA.

This is how I would rate my RDAs for max airflow as far as I remember right now, although some of them are very close, and I might have to check again after my vacation.

Narda
Narca
Entheon
Wasp
Cheetah
DeadRabbit
Illustrious D24
Kennedy 24
Rabies
MadDog
Sherman 25
Pulse 24
Goon
Goon 1.5
Apocalypse Gen2
DejaVu
TwistedMesses 24 Pro
Nova

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
510 tips aren't widebore nowadays.
Sure, compared to some oldschool atties like the Bullismoker or Corona V1, a 510 has an airflow as wide as a 5-lane highway, but those are relics from long times past. And that for various good reasons. Aside from being much easier to build and wick, modern atties offer much better flavor as well imo. But mileage may vary from person to person of course.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    510 tips aren't widebore nowadays.
    Sure, compared to some oldschool atties like the Bullismoker or Corona V1, a 510 has an airflow as wide as a 5-lane highway, but those are relics from long times past. And that for various good reasons. Aside from being much easier to build and wick, modern atties offer much better flavor as well imo. But mileage may vary from person to person of course.
    These are some of my favorite wide bore 510 tips
    Being metal they can't be more wide bore and hold an o-ring
    $8.22 Epoxy Resin + Stainless Steel Hybrid 510 Drip Tip (5 Pieces) 5-pack - 15.7mm / w/ O-ring / random colors at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread