fatherdano

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
ohio
First of all, i'm not a preist lol.

I do have alot of kids though.(6 boys)

I work in the trades and run work for a large outfit.

I had a guy on my jobsite who was using a REO ?, he let me try it and it seemed like it could be my answer to quit smoking.

I average about 35 smokes a day.(Marlboro Special Blend Gold)

My question is, what do i need to get started?
Money is not an issue.

Thanks in advance

dano

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
Money is not an issue.

:mad: I don't like you already! :)

The possibilities are endless and this will be a very long conversation! You will get TONS of opinions. Personally, I'd probably start with a lower end PV like an ego twist or vision spinner kit until you find what you like. Get a couple of batteries so you never have a moment where you can't have a vape when you want it and end up turning to a stinky instead. I'll let the others chime in with more detailed recommendations. GOOD LUCK!

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , but I think you would save yourself a lot of frustration , with lack of performance from the smaller , cheaper devices , and just step up and buy a good device right from the start . The Reo " Grand " is one such device . There is also the Provari , which is a variable voltage device . There are cheaper made devices to be had out there , but their not made as well as a few of the one's I mentioned . There are lots of other great devices as well , but it would take too many pages to list them all . Good luck with your eventual choice . Check my avatar or signature , to see what I'm talking about .

fatherdano

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
ohio
i should have backed up the 'money is not an issue' statement with some explanation. lol

i'd rather not give myself an excuse for not smoking, even the money excuse.

i'd like to start at the top with my equipment, i'm sure each user willl talk up their own brand and thats fine, i need reliable and rugged.

i also need to know what the heck to buy.

REOsmod??? been to their site and looks like a reputable site. i really love smoking but i also know i've got to quit.

Are there any cons to vaping health wise?

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
To the OP:

Congrats on making the change.

Quite honestly, I don't know if "starting at the top" in regards to the equipment, is the approach you want. The reason: everyone's "top" equipment is a little different from the next person's gear. For me, I couldn't even get an idea of what my top equipment would be until I spent some time on the forums doing some research. You may go through a kit or two before finding that equipment that you're really happy with.

IMHO--go with an eGo-Twist (1000mah) and ViVi Nova tanks, or clearomisers, with the understanding that this gear will NOT be the end-all, be-all--it'll just be a pretty good start.
The other thing that's as important as the hardware, will be your juice vendor (and yes, there can be major differences that will affect your vaping experience). You'll get plenty of recommendations (don't even think you'll just stick with one..lol).

Good luck!

gijills

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Tville FL
I will buy what i need to keep off the smokes but I did not want to go out and spend $3-400 to start. If you want to try it get a EGO variable volt some clearomisers and a sample juice pack from one of the vendors and get your feet wet. Variable volt lets you change the taste of your juice by changing the voltage. You dont need to do math, if it taste burnt turn down the voltage. What you think you want for juice now will change in 2-3 weeks. I was bent on tobacco flavors in the begining but now find I like carmels. The Vendors on the ECF are trustworthy I hve bought from Vape Dudes and a store close to me called LJ's E smokes.

Good luck
Skip

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
as a reo owner, if you tried it and liked it, you probably would get disappointed by other mods...I suggest going over to reosmods.com and ordering one, and heading over to ikenvape.com and grabbing a handful of low resistance (like 1.5 ohm) io6 atomizers...after that all you need is batteries and juice.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Gatillero1980

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2012
Cali, Colombia
If money were not an issue then MY shopping cart would look like this:

Hardware:
- 2 Provari + 4 AW IMR 18490 batteries + 1 charger + 1 Nolax tube + 2 Spring replacements + 4 stainless steel drip tips @ ProVape E-Cigarettes: Buy Electronic Cigarettes & Smokeless Cigs.
- 2 HH.357 2.5 Ohm Long Barrel Cisco Spec atomizer @ Avid Vaper : Personal Vaporizers and Accessories
- 1 DID Genesis Style Atomizer + 1 Clear Window @ MMVapors
- 1 AC9 Genesis Style Atomizer KIT @ Vapinaze.com
- Various Atomizers and Cartomizers from ikenvape.

Supplies:
- 2 SS Mesh 200 (0.016") 12 x 12 sheets @ McMaster-Carr
- 100 ft of 30 AWG Kanthal @ ebay

Juices:
- www.mountainoakvapors.com
- Alien Visions E-Juice
- Welcome to Clouds Of Vapor (CPN Organic Line)

But that's just me.

You say you love smoking!?!? take that love and multiply it by 10 and that is how you will feel about vaping once you find the right setup. I once loved smoking and also knew that I had to quit. Its been almost two months since iv had a cig and could not be happier with my switch to vaping. I dont stink like an ashtray all the time, i can vape anywhere so no more having to make a trip outside in the winter when its 10 degrees out, and the variety of flavors that are available is awesome! There are so many positives to vaping that i have not even wanted a smoke since i started using the setup im currently using. I am using a Variable Voltage Lavatube Mod with ViVi nova tank and it has given me the least amount of hassle out of everything else iv tried so far.

My tip to you would be to start with some sort of variable voltage device with the vivi nova tank. As for juice, start with a higher level nic juice like 24mg/ml. i started with 18mg/ml and it just didnt get rid of the cravings for cigs. Iv been using the 24 since i quit smoking and plan to start stepping down the nic level shortly.

If money isnt really an issue, which i have to agree with when it comes to bettering your health and getting away from smoking, then you should just bite the bullet and buy what you think will be the best for u. If it works, great! if it doesnt, then find what you dont like about it and try something else that will work better. with there being so much information on this site and others, you really just need to start trying things that are recommended and find out if that is what will work for you.

Good luck with your choice!

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
If money were not an issue then MY shopping cart would look like this:

Hardware:
- 2 Provari + 4 AW IMR 18490 batteries + 1 charger + 1 Nolax tube + 2 Spring replacements + 4 stainless steel drip tips @ ProVape E-Cigarettes: Buy Electronic Cigarettes & Smokeless Cigs.
- 2 HH.357 2.5 Ohm Long Barrel Cisco Spec atomizer @ Avid Vaper : Personal Vaporizers and Accessories
- 1 DID Genesis Style Atomizer + 1 Clear Window @ MMVapors
- 1 AC9 Genesis Style Atomizer KIT @ Vapinaze.com
- Various Atomizers and Cartomizers from ikenvape.

Supplies:
- 2 SS Mesh 200 (0.016") 12 x 12 sheets @ McMaster-Carr
- 100 ft of 30 AWG Kanthal @ ebay

Juices:
- www.mountainoakvapors.com
- Alien Visions E-Juice
- Welcome to Clouds Of Vapor (CPN Organic Line)

But that's just me.

why suggest a rebuildable like a genesis to someone who has no experience? That's just silly.

rcpcdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
yeah im at about $220 for 2 ego twists, 2 chargers, 2 vivi novas, some dual coil and single coil cartos and various slew of juice (about 120ml which should last me about 2 months)

i want to eventually try an atty and dripping to see what the rage is about and i already tried and disliked carto tanks but i figured since i've spent about what i would have spent on a month worth of cigarettes i'll stop for now. besides no complaints with what i've gotten so far and havent had a smoke in over a week lol.

Gatillero1980

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2012
Cali, Colombia
why suggest a rebuildable like a genesis to someone who has no experience? That's just silly.

That's why i also suggested attys and cartos but if you will end up using a genesis eventually (cause let's be honest, there is nothing better) then is worth mentioning so at least he starts doing some research on them.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
That's why i also suggested attys and cartos but if you will end up using a genesis eventually (cause let's be honest, there is nothing better) then is worth mentioning so at least he starts doing some research on them.

ok since you said let's be honest I'll be just that: honest.....they aren't all that great....when it comes to high end rebuildables I much prefer my Penelope...mainly because screw carrying around an Alan wrench, and also because screw leaks just because I set something on its side because of the air hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread