Time to upgrade, the wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Looking to upgrade our Vapes. Wife is using MY old EGO1100 batts and Protanks, I am using a Mech with a kick.

Wife just needs a little more than we can get out of the Protank. Her only real limitation is size and weight. My mech would work for her, using 18350 batts, But it is still "heavy" at 7oz.
Since I also want to Upgrade the KICK. I might get one too.

Anyway our Birthdays are coming and were wonder which pair to get. Recommendations please looking to go 30 watts or less. Also have have a loose limit of $50 per unit, so yeah clones. Used fastech used here for simplicity.

Which of these would you chose?

istick 50w $37.76 Authentic Eleaf iStick 50W 4400mAh VW VV Variable Wattage / Voltage APV Box Mod - 5W-50W / 2V-10V / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

istick 30 $38.73 Authentic Eleaf iStick 30W 2200mAh Variable Voltage / Wattage APV Box Mod - 2.0-8.0V / 5.0-30W / US plug adapter / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Cloupor mini $30.44 Authentic Cloupor Mini 30W Variable Wattage / Voltage VW VV APV Box Mod - 7-30W / 3.6-7V / anodized aluminum / gold at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

IPV Mini $45.88 Authentic Pioneer4You iPV Mini 5-30W Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - aluminum alloy / 1*18650 / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Sigelei $39.99 Authentic Sigelei Mini 30W VW Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 5.0-30W / 1*18650 / aluminum alloy / silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Coolfire IV $35.37 Cool Fire IV Styled 40W 2000mAh VW/VV Variable Wattage / Voltage APV Box Mod - 6-40W / 3-7.5V / aluminum / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:
Reactions: David Wolf

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Upgrade to Wife V1.3, all the bugs are ironed out apparently.
Not sure what your Wife might Like?

But I will say this... She might not like the IPV Mini because it is Kinda Heavy.

If I had to pick from that List. I would pick the iStick 30W.

We aren't sure what She needs either.. I know I need to go to, between 15-30 watts. For simplicity sake the plan is to get Identicle Mods. So it has to be able to run her protank at 2ohm and My Kayfun at .5-1ohm.

I figure these mods are pretty equal in most ways technically. So I guess, it comes down to which is the smallest or lightest and easiest to use. Also are there other devices to consider???? I really would prefer a squonker, but not much in my budget.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
We aren't sure what She needs either.. I know I need to go to, between 15-30 watts. For simplicity sake the plan is to get Identicle Mods. So it has to be able to run her protank at 2ohm and My Kayfun at .5-1ohm.

I figure these mods are pretty equal in most ways technically. So I guess, it comes down to which is the smallest or lightest and easiest to use. Also are there other devices to consider???? I really would prefer a squonker, but not much in my budget.

It's just hard to say what a Person may like.

The Downside to the Very Small Mods is most have a Built in Battery. So when they Need Charging, they are kinda out of the Action.

Mods that have Replaceable Batteries give you More Functionality. But they are Usually Bigger. And your will Need to buy some 18650 Batteries and a Charger if you Don't have them already.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
image.jpg

I have small hands, size 4.5 ring. This is a Lotus clone. It comes with 18350/18500 tubes. Easy to set up. Works great for tanks :)
$17.32 Lotus Style Mechanical Mod (Lotus Mod) at m.FastTech.com - FastTech Mobile

Reactions: David Wolf

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I wouldn't recommend the istick 50w.... Lots of issues with that one. Those on the list I would recommend are the istick 30w, the cool fire, and the cloupor. Haven't used one, but lots are liking their coolfires, and innokin products I have used have been good build quality and reliable.
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I don't recommend the IPV mini 30w, mine has been nothing but trouble for me. The sx130 chip inside (same as the Sigelei mini 30w) is designed to read .5 ohms as its cut off. Anything lower should read low ohms. I put my Atlantis with a .5 ohm coils on it, and the board was reading .4 ohms which according to YiHi, should not happen. This happened with more than just one .5 ohm coil. I opened mine up to find the wires poorly soldered to mod ground, battery negative, and to put the icing on the cake - the wire soldered to the positive 510 had come detached from the pin. I took it all apart, resoldered all of the connections from the board to the mod, and now it reads accurately. The form factor is great though.
On the other hand, the Sigelei mini 30w read the Atlantis' .5 ohm coils at .5-.6 on the onboard screen. I don't own a Sig Mini, but when I tried it out, the board read ohms properly.
Both P4Y & Sigelei are sister companies under Asmodus, and in my experience, Sigelei products are manufactured better. I replaced my IPV Mini 30w for the Sig 50w Vr2 and haven't had any problems.
One nice feature about the IPV mini (& Sigelei mini) is how you can switch from DC-DC mode to PWM. DC-DC provides a continuous current to the 510, while Pulse Width Management sends a pulsing signal to the 510. In DC-DC, my Atlantis .5 ohm coils would fire a higher voltage at 7w, because it is acting as a "regulated mech mod" in a way. In PWM at 7w, it would barely gurgle. If you're running higher ohms and decide on either the IPV mini or Sigelei mini, use PWM mode because it is truer to the wattage/voltage displayed on the screen.
Hope any of this helps! All in all, if your ohm cut off is around .5 ohms, go with the Sigelei mini.

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
I upgraded my wife to a Vaporshark DNA 30 for $45. It's light and small with a proven board and quality components. My only complaint is the finish sucks making the shark skin mandatory.I'm either going to cerakote it or wrap one day if the finish problem becomes an issue for her. I got a Sig 150 for myself $64 to my door was hard to pass up. I doubt I'll ever use that much power but with what I do use I get a couple of days between charges on my HE2's. I'm not going back to TC just yet when the advancements in the technology slow down I'll look into another one. For now we're happy with what we have.

Reactions: Tom Forde

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Have you checked out the Joyetech egrip with the OLED screen?
JOYETECH EGRIP OLED KIT (VV/VW) by www.yetivape.com

I got this for my father and he loves it. The size is great. Along with the RBA base it's a great vape. I wick it for him once in a while and he doesn't have issues with it. Jut make sure to get the RBA base 510 adapter.

Noticed they are out of stock currently. I ordered it from Yetivape because the price is great. Might be worth it to call them to see when it's back in stock, I had to do the same.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Have you checked out the Joyetech egrip with the OLED screen?
JOYETECH EGRIP OLED KIT (VV/VW) by www.yetivape.com

Too heavy.... Has to be lighter than my Mech and Kayfun.. The Egrip is almost 1oz heavier.
I think it feels good in the hand. But agree with her, that is a bit heavy. I'm also not a big fan of the sealed device, I kinda want access to the bottle and the battery. I'll give up one but not both.

D91ICE

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
I have an istick 50watt and have 0 issues. Battery lasts easy 2.5 days. It may be a little big, if so, I also have the istick 20watt, and that was my ADV for a long time, paired with a nautilus mini. If my girlfriend vaped, I would get her a pink istick 20watt with a nautilus mini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread