Tip for Newbs to fight the analog craving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I should have mentioned the changes in our chemical receptors and transmitters in the brain from all the years of smoking require time to heal which is a natural bodily function, and even then, some damage cannot be undone. That is why BT have billions of people hooked. A good friend of mine who hasn't smoked in 25 years, still has the odd craving, albeit these days they are more subdued, they still persist.

wrigleyvillain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Chicago
Mental stimulus is indeed a great concept, however the chemical dependency of the remaining 3999 chemicals that we have ingested for years play havoc on the chemical function of our normal brain function.

This plus the other alkaloids in tobacco of which nicotine is just one, though the major. Some people, at least, definitely have dependance on those as well mainly depending on brain chemistry. Can search this forum for "WTA" (whole tobacco alkaloids) for more info.

Something like SNUS would definitely help if vaping just isn't quite "enough" sometimes.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
This plus the other alkaloids in tobacco of which nicotine is just one, though the major. Some people, at least, definitely have dependance on those as well mainly depending on brain chemistry. Can search this forum for "WTA" (whole tobacco alkaloids) for more info.

Something like SNUS would definitely help if vaping just isn't quite "enough" sometimes.
Yup! ... amd that is why I avoid TWAs like the plague. :)

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA

You hit the nail on the head, it's like coffee being just about the caffeine. It sure ain't.

wrigleyvillain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Chicago
You hit the nail on the head, it's like coffee being just about the caffeine. It sure ain't.

Actually I never thought about that but I'm sure you are right re. coffee. There are plenty of examples in pharamchology of pills with just the main "effective" ingredient or a synthetic version not having the same (or any) therapeutic benefits as the naturally-occuring form of the medicine due to missing "everything else".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread