Tippy-toe'ing in here with a very noob question.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi all,

As you can tell, I'm new to the world of ECF and e-cigs. (yay!)

I don't know if this is the right place to ask... but since TV is (sort of!) a neighbor, I feel like a friend is near by. {{{hugs}}} The Readers Digest condensed version of my story is.... gave up analogs after 3 decades, (cold turkey for 10 days) bought GreenSmokes. (they saved me) I was actually very please with them, but was looking for something better. I was guided to V4L and purchased their starter kit. Love, Love, Love the batteries, but their juice HATES me! (this past week using it has been miserable) I honestly don't know if it's the VG / PG ratios or what, but I'm either dehydrated to the max, or @#$%^&'ing my brains out! (I'll spare you the gory details... you're welcome!)

What I'd appreciate knowing (before my first TV order) is: .... 1) do you know what % GreenSmoke uses? If so, that's what I'd want. (no dehydration or anything negative going on with me) I think the V4L's is around 70/30 - and that % is not my friend! :blush: 2) Bring new to this, I could purchase your yummy juice, and use it in the blank V4L carto's right?

Thank you for any help!
Wintering

VaporingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Virginia
Welcome to the Tasty Vapors forum! :) I will help you where I can.
The liquid you get from Green Smokes ect... may disagree with you because of all the preservatives or it could be the PG/VG. I have had the V4L liquid before and while it also disagree's with me, some swear by it....to each it's own. If you are sensitive you may want to try all PG. Just order 1 bottle and see how it works for you before placing a larger order. Your dehydration is normal, your body is telling you that you need more water. This is the side affect of vaping instead of smoking. When you vape your mouth absorbs the nicotine versus your lungs, this dries you out.
Yes you can use a blank carto that you put you choice of juice in.
I hope this helps :)
VQ

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi VQ, thank you so much. And yes, that helps a lot .... but I guess (ya think?) ;) that I'm a smidge confused about this:

Your dehydration is normal, your body is telling you that you need more water. This is the side affect of vaping instead of smoking. When you vape your mouth absorbs the nicotine versus your lungs, this dries you out.
I hope this helps :)
VQ

I just find it odd that while I was using the GreenSmokes for about a month, I never felt any dryness. (eyes, mouth, etc) Do you think it's because they add all sorts of "questionable" stuff? Eeks! And, if I may be so bold as to ask.... {{{hugs}}} if the V4L didn't agree with you either, (did you have tummy trouble too?) what blend from TV are you using? (all PG?)

Wintering

VaporingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Virginia
Because it is a vapor your mouth actually absorbs it, not so much your lungs, the vapor dissipates for the most part before it gets to your lungs, unless you take one heck of a big vape... which sometimes I do, and I can tell when I do as it burns a little like when I smoked. This may also be because I vape mostly Atomic Cinnacide and it is a in your face kicker, but I love it. Your mucus membranes need to stay hydrated. This will also keep you from getting a dry throat and cough.

This is the information I got when I first started vaping and nearly read the whole forum trying to get educated.

Yes, I had tummy trouble. It was like having IBS and it was horrible. among other noticable differences that I will not mention to save face, but nicely put I could tell there was chemicals/preservatives in other liquids.

I use 80PG/20VG and it is the perfect throat hit/vapor combo for me. I am not sensitive to either so this may not work for you. I believe but I am not sure that most people that are sensitive, it is the VG that bothers them and a lesser amount that are PG sensitive. My suggestion would be to try 1 bottle of all PG from Tasty Vapor and see how that works and then go from there. Better yet, if you are still unsure give Tasty Vapors a call. They are always happy to help and they really care more about the customers needs than they do about making the sale.

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
Yes actually to build on the queen's comments. The dehydration for me was a slow process. The more you vape the more fluids you need to take. I'm with VQ on the ratios I vape at a real high dosage but 80/20 is my preference. I have to get 90/10 cause of my nic level. The stomach problems can also be caused by having to high of a nic level and can be a symptom of nic overdosing. So you may want to cut back the nic level. The other option for testing your tolerance level is to buy a sampler bottle. That way your not throwing away an oz of good juice! I think the samples are 80/20. Geoffs juices dont contain any preservative and other crud each bottle is hand mixed to order cept for the samples which age a week. For most people if they are allergic It's to PG. Which can hinder your juice choices. There's only a couple vendors that do all VG. I'm hoping It's not an allergy issue but when you mentioned irritated eyes allergy flag went up! Just a couple thoughts to ponder!

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
There is a good thread about the changes in your body and what causes what -- quitting/withdrawal, pg and vg. It's the top one in the Health, Safety and E-Smoking section of the forum. Don't forget that nicotine isn't the only addictive chemical in cigarettes. You could still be suffering from withdrawal from one of the others.

If you are allergic to PG it will cause rashes and itching. As I get dermatitis when it gets hot, I didn't want to add to that and I planned to vape 100% VG. It turned out that gives me a very upset stomach. I ended up with a 70/30 or 60/40 PV/VG ratio and that works for me.

My advice would be "don't buy too much from any vendor to start." Try different combinations a week or so at a time to see it it works for you. If you want to stick with V4L for now, you can buy blank cartos from them (I think they are KR808s, but I won't swear to it) and fill them yourself (see "cartomizer" videos on Youtube.) See what works for you. Stay away from the Chinese imported liquid (e.g. DeKang juice). Some people love their flavors but they definitely have preservatives so why confuse the issue further but throwing in extra chemicals. If you do find you are allergic to PG, there's a VG-only social group where you'll find a list of 50+ vendors who offer that option.

In terms of quality of ingredients, you can't go wrong with Tasty Vapor. You just have to figure out what your body is and isn't happy with.

radiated1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
kansas city mo
I would like to add about the stomach problems. You can swing one way or the other for several months. Tour body is trying to get rid of all the toxins. My loose stools didn't start till I was vaping for about a month. So it could be that your body is just cleansing itself and has nothing to so with changing to v4l. I do like their batteries and customer service but can't use their juice at all. Tried several others before I found tasty Vaper. So far no complaints. Let us know if we can help everyone is usually great about it. We were all noobs too. As you see I've only be at this about 3 months so still kind of new myself.

Tyger0902

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
North Carolina
I changed from V4L juice also, but for a different reason. When they started on the mixed ratio my body didn't like it. I have to have 100% PG or else my throat closes up. I think it has something to do with whats in the VG. I can tolerate a small amount (like a sample) but it builds up in my system then closes my throat. I just keep hydrated.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
V4L sells blank (aka empty) cartos. You don't have to start with their flavors at all. You can buy the blanks and fill them with Tasty Vapor elixirs from the start. (And, once you confirm what model their PVs are, you can go elsewhere and buy blank cartos for less and just rely on them for their batteries which you said you really like -- lots of options.)

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
I'm a big fan of both V4L and TV. TV has hands down the best juice deals on the planet. They raised their prices recently and I laughed to myself because it is still great juice at a great price. The hardest part with both TV and V4L is finding the right flavors for you - that is just plain going to take some experimentation.

V4L's "Premium" juices seem to me to be pretty much straight PG - thinner vapor, more throat hit. Their Wow Juices feel closer to 20% VG to me. VG produces more vapor, lessens throat hit a little, and is thicker juice. Thicker juice doesn't work so well with the V4L cartomizers because it has to absorb into the filler and wick well so I would suggest going 20 to 40% VG to find the spot you like. TV allows a lot of customization, so you really will just have to resign yourself to playing around with VG and sweetener ratios to figure out what works for you.

And don't be afraid of the custom flavoring orders if you are looking for some good one-note vapes.

Also, in my experience, blank cartomizers very nearly always work better than pre-filled's anyway. For some reason the pre-filled cartomizers do not agree with me - they irritate me like you described, I think it is the pre-filleds, not the juice, at least not the Wow juice.

Finally, you will notice that the smartest people in the forum (not me) don't usually give long winded posts (like mine) because they are smart enough (not me) to realize that what works for one does not work for all. You'll have to experiment to find your perfect combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread