Tips for cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
Does anyone use any tips with their cartomizers? I have ordered a mod that is in its testing phase and im hoping to be able to use a 510 or 901 tip with my cartomizers. Does anyone know if these tips fit in or over a cartomizer?

Thanks

I got some 901 tops with my Prodigy and I had to cut the 901 down to use it in the carto (it won't fit over it) but I didn't stick with it I tend to be a hard sucker so I was getting too much juice in my mouth.

Wow, that sounds slutty, huh? :oops:

UberDuper

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
No place like ~/
And to be a little more constructive...
I have some 510 carts here and the part that fits inside a 510 atomizer also fits in a cartomizer kinda snugly but it is too long. It would push down on the filler inside of the cartomizer so it would have to be trimmed pretty much down to the 'lips.' Those air vents would probably still pick up juice off the filler, specially if you hold your PV horizontally. Maybe you'd want to drill the mouth piece hole into the juice compartment and seal the vents.

I think I read somewhere that the 901 will fit over the cartomizer with minimal fuss.

UD.

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
I've been using these tiny little droppers that come with Johnson Creek Juice Samplers. They send one for each bottle. They are perfect for dripping in the battery end. You can see the drops just getting sucked down in the cartomizer. You can put quite a few drops in this way. You can tell it's time to stop when the drops go in the hole more slowly. I haven't had any problems as a result of doing it this way. There is no mess either. The key is having these tiny droppers. They're perfect for this. And another perk is that the juice is
De-licious! :p

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
My preference is the cut-down 901 tip. Looks great and works great. I haven't had problems with juice in my mouth, because they are cut pretty short, right up to where the D-shaped hole starts. I also use 801 soft rubber tips from time to time, they tightly fit over the carto and work well. The only problem is that after a week or so (admittedly switching it out between many carts) it stretches out and fits more loosely, but they are cheap. Also, you can get the 801/901 T tips and use those. They are a little more pricey, but they last forever and come in short or long, brass, stainless steel, or aluminum. I almost ordered one, but another supplier has just introduced derlin dripping tips that again work on cartos. I think I'll give these a shot as they are much cheaper. PM me if you want details, I'll be happy to help!

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I use one of the super T, 510/901 t tips in cartomizers..and it works fantastic...but regular plastic tips the 510 tip is pretty loose..I don't have any 901s around to try..but I'd take a look at the t-tips he's got em now in brass, Stainless and a "shortie" design in stainless and aluminum...

Here's a pic of my stainless tip on a peeled cartomizer:
IMG_1509.jpg

Last edited:

lonercom

ECF Veteran
I bought some flat tip carts, think they were 901's. they fit snugly wut after a day or 2 they loosen up and the works will fall out.

Only use them in hands free mode like driving and I have found that they work fine without pulling the white top off the carto.

Only other challenge is that some of the vape condenses in there and I need to clean it out with a paper towel occasionally.

But it works fine for my purposes

mrjaguar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
simi valley, ca
I use one of the super T, 510/901 t tips in cartomizers..and it works fantastic...but regular plastic tips the 510 tip is pretty loose..I don't have any 901s around to try..but I'd take a look at the t-tips he's got em now in brass, Stainless and a "shortie" design in stainless and aluminum...

Here's a pic of my stainless tip on a peeled cartomizer:
IMG_1509.jpg

Hmmmm... dangit. now I hafta go spend more money. the shorty looks awesome. thanks for the tip. :D

OmahaVapor

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Omaha, NE
Thanks to everyone for all this info. I have only been vaping for a couple weeks and I keep getting juice in my mouth. I have been using one of the cart condoms that I put a hole in to reduce the amount of juice I get in my mouth. I am going to order one of those T Tips and hopefully I wont have to worry about getting juice in my mouth anymore. I just ordered a 510 but I am waiting for it to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread