Tips for juice in mouth and loss of t.hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
This post is for new ‘Vapers’ based on my personal experience with e-cigarettes. I don’t claim to be an expert this is only my opinion. But I do hope it helps someone.

After decades of smoking I am proud to say that I haven’t had a cigarette in three months. All thanks to e-cigarettes. I have done lots of research, spent many hours reading post in forums, testing different methods and spent way too much money.

The two biggest problems I encountered from the beginning were e-juice in the mouth and the loss of throat hit after just a few hits.

Juice in mouth:
Learn how to take a drag. Keep the .... end of the e-cig down. Unlike a cigarette don’t try to suck the life out of it! Take a slooow drag. Keep the vapor in your mouth and then inhale. If you are still having trouble try this, buy a five pack of unfilled cartridges and a five pack of unfilled cartomizers. Cartomizers will be packaged with rubber protectors on each end (in e-cig land they are called condoms). Take one of these condoms and drill a 1/16th or 1/8th hole in the end. Next get a cartridge and take the rubber protector off. You will see a fiber plug in the cartridge. Pull the fiber out and cut it in thirds. Take one of these fiber pieces and stuff it down into the condom. Now take the condom and place it over the mouthpiece of your e-cig. When the fiber gets dirty just replace with more fiber. I’ve been using this for months and it works like a champ.

Loss of throat hit:
I could be completely wrong about this but I believe the problem is with the atomizer. I think that after a few hits the atomizer gets so hot that it vaporizes the e-juice too much. Loss of flavor and loss of throat hit.
I have tried cartridges and cartridge mods. I have tried cartomizers. All filled at maximum. Same results. The only satisfactory way I can make it work is to take 3 or 4 drags and then not have another until the atomizer cools down or have another e-cig ready to go.
I now drip. No cartridge no cartomizer (except when driving). I just use an atomizer and drip 2 or 3 drops in, put on the fixed condom and vape away. It’s a bit of a pain but it’s the best method I’ve seen.
Hope this helps someone.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
Hi CaptJay,
I hope I am wrong about the atomizer and that someone can give me a better explanation for my loss of throat hit. It’s very frustrating. I came to my conclusion by using two 510 setups. Same juice, same number of drops, same atties (alone or with cartridges or cartomizers), and same batteries both fully charged. After 3 or 4 hits on setup 1 I loose throat hit. I pick up setup 2 and throat hit returns. If I switch sequence the same thing happens.

Two other possibilities come to mind. I use only VG juice. Do you use PG or VG? Perhaps it’s my physiology. I did smoke for many years and maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyway I am glad you are not having this same problem and thanks for the input.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Thanks wv2win,
I also have a 5v passthrough and a VP2 with LR attie. They do seem to work better but still loose TH. What do you think about the difference in juice, VG or PG?

I only use PG and have read on here that you get better TH with PG. 24 to 36 nic strength will also help. And on your passthrough, I would strongly suggest using a power adapter rated at 2000 mAh vs using a computer USB port in order to get closer to vaping at 5 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread