The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tired of chasing the perfect vape...

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by loft, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. loft

loft Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    Anyone else ever feel this way? I've been vaping for nearly a year, and honestly I'm about ready to drop it and go back to analogs. I've tried and tried, spent countless dollars trying to achieve this - and I'm at my wits end.

I've bought juice from countless vendors and so much hardware it makes me sick. 808's, egos, big battery mods, home made mods, vv mods - but bleh. At one point I even came to terms with myself and realized it's never going to be perfect but lately it's not even enjoyable. Grimm Green summed up in one of his videos basically how everything tastes to me. Tire fire. I've tried fruity, dessert, tobacco, mints, menthol, alcohol, and several others.

What gives? *sighs*

2. thehangdude

thehangdude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Just a thought. Try flavorless. Just plain PG/VG mix and nic without flavor.

3. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    I use a 5v GLV with 808 cartos and cinni red hots juice.Thats it.Its my vape.Just like my fav brand of cigs.Its what I vape.

I get fruity or coffee cartos for a treat,its like smoking an occational clove cig.Just a treat for something different.

4. thehangdude

thehangdude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Cinnamon Red Hots is a good all day vape. It really surprised me when I tried it. I vaped it alone for a few weeks, now its all my son vapes.

5. loft

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    I've tried those as well, idk. Mouth got annoyed with it after two days.

6. keyzygirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    Its the most satisfying juice for me.It always tastes good.I tried so many and this just works for me all day everyday.You can even add it to fruit and coffee juices to make them taste better and have a little bit of a change without changing to much,lol.

7. John R. L.

John R. L. Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    Milwakee
    Cinnamon Red Hots I thought that flavor makes tanks crack ??

8. keyzygirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    It does,but I like it.

Loft have you tried cigar flavors or coffee flavors.They are pretty good for a smokey feel.

9. ambientech

ambientech Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2011
    somewhere
    I get burnt out on flavors very quickly. Many start out great but fall off before I even finish a 30ml bottle. I found I have to switch through about 3 different juices all day. I love flavored juices but my taste buds get annoyed with too much flavoring several times a week and that is when I grab the bottle of unflavored nic juice. If you haven't tried unflavored juice yet you need to you would be surprised how refreshing it can be.

10. loft

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    Yes I have. From Pure Smoker, Rawr Vapor, FSUSA... and one other I don't remember.

11. Ruppy

Ruppy Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 1, 2010
    WV
    I hear ya Loft. Ive been there. Times when you just ask yourself if its worth it. Most of the time, for me, it passes adter a few days. I get my taste back and move on. Its tough not to grab a analog and take the easy route.

In the end I remind myself why I started this journey. For me it was a attempt to live a "little" bit longer. My health and family made the switch worth it. Yesterday was one year completely analog free for me. It hasnt been easy for sure.

If theres anything I can do to help just say the word. Even if its just for a bit of support ;)

Best luck in your struggle.

12. madjack

madjack Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2011
    Central Louisiana
    ...are you drinking/sipping water as you vape...I find when my taster gets a little off, a little water or especially lemon-water of lemonade helps TREMENDOUSLY...as far as going back to the funkies, I won't even make a comment on that other than...UHGGGG.............
    madjack:2cool:

13. LadyWeeps

LadyWeeps Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Sacramento, CA
    I just recently tried a new flavor from ecblend that might work for you. It's called "Darkness" and it doesn't taste like anything else I've tried. I've been thru alot of the tobacco flavors and this one really stands out.

14. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    Starting out I wanted, needed strong in your face flavors but have found that
    the strong flavors were too much for me after months of vaping them everyday.

The ones I liked have benefited from flavor dilution with some unflavored nicotine
    liquid, I get my nic and a hint of flavor. Enough flavor to taste but not so much that
    you feel like you're constantly eating the same <fill in the blank>

15. tybin

tybin ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 17, 2010
    WA
    i'm sorry it is tough right now loft. how high a strengh of nic ya got? maybe there is a different way to view the situation. for me, i cant look at it as a perfect vape. just different than smoking. i am blesssed in that the desire to smoke left for me, but i am sure there are many that have to supplement with snus or higher nic on some days. i like lining up several different mods and having several flavors going. for me, i dont think one flavor would work all day. my taste buds get too accustomed. perhaps no flavor with higher nic for awhile will re-set the ole taste buds. i hope you find out something that will tide ya through:)

16. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Ya, I got to that point, and the solution for me was to turn the damn heat down.
    I found that I was just chasing my tail always wanting more, and that just isn't sustainable.

17. Vego

Vego Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2011
    pittsburgh, pa
    Have you concidered simply taking a hiatus from vaping? And WITHOUT turning to analogs either. After all, it's not impossible to go on without nicotine. Many people have quite smoking cold turkey. And down the road, if and when you choose to sate your nicotine craving, turn back to vaping instead of analogs. Concidering all the pleasure you've got from vaping in the last year before growing tired of it, you owe it to yourself to give vaping a second chance before taking up the analogs. Perhaps you'll find a new found love and appreciation for vaping after time away from it.

Best of luck.

18. nanovapr

nanovapr Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2011
    Catatonic State, USA
    Loft, it certainly looks like you have been there and done that on devices. The only thing I could suggest, have you tried DIY? Taste is such a personally subjective thing, what one person loves, another one hates. It's hard for me to buy storebought juice based on anyone's opinion. DIY is quite easy, and it's easy to tweak everything to be what you yourself want.

19. Sdh

Sdh ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    U.S.
    I wish you well in your search. For me, I always felt like most vendors stuff was garbage. I turned to DIY last December. It has been a rough road developing the flavors I enjoy. Surprisingly, I was falling off the wagon a few times because everything was blah. I found WTA e-liquid to help me with depression. I am enjoying my vaping so much more. I did feel like a slave to it...still do at times.

My motivation is to help myself and others. If you need anything to assist let me know. (For real)

20. lesleyh

lesleyh Full Member

Jun 7, 2011
    york england
    DFW vapor do a juice called Tranquility. It does not have a particular flavour it is just pleasant and inoffensive It is my go to juice when I get fed up with vaping!! A little chibbi HV tank on a madvapes cheap and cheerful 5v box mod filled with tranquility will get you back on track again. Justg bear in mind although it can be a pain at times it is ten times better than smoking and dying young

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.