Tired of people defending the protank ll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn O

Jan 4, 2014
indiana
Every time someone complains about the protank ll people swoop in and offer up all the quick fixes and analogies to why it doesn't work properly. Well...you shouldn't have to take something out of the box and do anything except start using it. First thing is I don't want to keep my protank "topped off" to make it work properly because I may not want to vape another tank of that particular flavor. So I could pour the old flavor back into the bottle right...No, because it's burned up like any and every juice I put in it whether it's clear or dark or high pg or low pg. I've had 2 protanks for almost 4 months and there's no fixing these things. They're gonna gurgle they're gonna leak on your battery they're gonna burn up your juice they gonna burn thru your coils and they're gonna work great for the first vape of the day after you dry your battery replace your coil and put new juice in them! I put the top off of one of my wifes evods on to my joy tech ego (where my protank used to be) and it works great been using the same coil for a week and it hasn't even started to blacken the wick and the battery last 3 days. I was about to give up on ecigs because though the evod worked ok I could drain the battery in no time but I have found the perfect combination by swapping the heads.

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK
The ProTank may not be the best BCC out there but it's hardly the worst either - certainly it looks like Kanger are flailing a bit at the moment with the PT3 and the AeroTank and all their different atty heads.

The problem as I see it is that the BCC design Kanger went with has an inherent flaw in that it only copes well with a certain consistency of e-liquid - different PG/VG ratios and changes in temperature and air pressure can upset the wicking and cause either dry hits or flooding.

I've yet to get the PT to work well for me but tbh, I haven't even really tried other than messing with the flavour wicks - I have some kanthal and silica coming soon and I'll probably tinker with it a bit to see if I can get it to work the way I want it to. And for me, I guess that's its greatest strength - that for a fairly small cost you can get a well-built glass tank that looks good and allows you to rebuild the coils and wick - the only caveat being that you're likely going to have to faff with it a lot to get it to work the way you want it to.

It'll last me until I can afford a KFL+ anyway :)

MikeS71

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Maybe I'm just lucky but I have a PT2, a PT3, and 3 mini PT2's and have no issues with any of them. No gurgle, no leak (occasional TINY bit of liquid just on the connector of the Provari). Coils have been lasting 1-2 weeks just with removing and soaking after every couple fills and I use them till the liquid is gone- no topping off... am I in the minority having a positive experience here?

wonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
USA
Every time someone complains about the protank ll people swoop in and offer up all the quick fixes and analogies to why it doesn't work properly. Well...you shouldn't have to take something out of the box and do anything except start using it. First thing is I don't want to keep my protank "topped off" to make it work properly because I may not want to vape another tank of that particular flavor. So I could pour the old flavor back into the bottle right...No, because it's burned up like any and every juice I put in it whether it's clear or dark or high pg or low pg. I've had 2 protanks for almost 4 months and there's no fixing these things. They're gonna gurgle they're gonna leak on your battery they're gonna burn up your juice they gonna burn thru your coils and they're gonna work great for the first vape of the day after you dry your battery replace your coil and put new juice in them! I put the top off of one of my wifes evods on to my joy tech ego (where my protank used to be) and it works great been using the same coil for a week and it hasn't even started to blacken the wick and the battery last 3 days. I was about to give up on ecigs because though the evod worked ok I could drain the battery in no time but I have found the perfect combination by swapping the heads.

So, this is your first post, and already you are tired of people.

It's the Internet. People are crazy!

Welcome to ECF, but chances are good nothing will improve.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
Maybe I'm just lucky but I have a PT2, a PT3, and 3 mini PT2's and have no issues with any of them. No gurgle, no leak (occasional TINY bit of liquid just on the connector of the Provari). Coils have been lasting 1-2 weeks just with removing and soaking after every couple fills and I use them till the liquid is gone- no topping off... am I in the minority having a positive experience here?

Nope :vapor:

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK

I put my issues down to the liquid - I'm vaping Dekang RY4 atm and I think it's a little too thin for my PT2 head - it's flooding even with both flavour wicks in there - when I get some kanthal and silica/cotton I'll rebuild the head and pad out the wicking a little then I'm pretty sure all my issues will go away - if I was vaping 100% VG I'd be expecting dry hits and having to pull flavour wicks out - it's just the nature of the design - it's simple and can't possibly work with all the different combinations of liquid and usage scenarios out there...

ImageX

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
US

Great first post.... crying and all. :facepalm:

ww2collector

Dec 30, 2013
VA
Yup, I just bought my first carto today. I was having major issues with the mini Protank II (gurgling, spitting into my mouth/etc). Cant say it ever ate up juice too quickly..?
But I literally just watched a vid on youtube that suggested to put another o-ring on the coil head, which I did. I now have changed my mind SLIGHTLY on the mini PT II. I have gotten very little gurgling on it now, only when it gets low, and it also improved the spittage. lol It beats the heck out the Iclear30 IMO, that's for sure!

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Belle Rive, Illinois, United States
I'm tired of people complaining personally.
I'm sorry you are tired of people trying to assist you with your issue.
I use 2 of the kanger protank 2's without any issues personally.
If you don't like em great you don't have to but quit whining about people who try to assist you or making it sound like those of us who don't have issues or like the protank are just idiots who don't know quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread