Tired of that leak in the 510 connection of your genny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
My Pyrex RSST is one of my favorite RBA's. Built with stainless steel mesh (#400), coiled with a 1.6 ohm coil, it vapes all my delicious citrusy fruity flavors that would otherwise damage my Kayfun's plastic tank. My biggest pet peeve, though, was always that leaky 510 connection. Although it was a small matter to wipe off the connections of the tank and mod during refill sessions, it still bothered me.

Well, I found a simple fix. All you need is a small piece of Teflon tape (plumber's tape). You can find it in the plumbing section at any hardware store. Cut a very thin strip, about 1/8" thick and 3/4" long, and wrap it around the bottom thread of the center pin. Then screw it onto the base. Make sure your Teflon tape wrap leaves 1-2 threads before the end of the center post, so you don't get in the way of the positive post connection.

Ive vey had this for 2 days now and gone through 3 tanks in my RSST. My 510 connection is bone dry!

Hope this was a helpful tip!

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I bought the AGA center post insulators from Kidney Puncher and that seems to have stopped the leak on my RSSTs. I can see how your fix would work especially after the plastic threads in the bottom cap get worn, but why not stop it at the source?

For $1.95 each I got a bag of 10 insulators and 10 fill plugs (that I will drop and lose sooner or later) and a couple of dollars shipping. I bought something else at the same time and spread out the shipping charge.

Meanwhile I bought some AGA-T2s and can use the insulators on those and I'm thinking about drilling the fill hole to use the plugs.

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
On the description, the AGA center post insulators specifically say they will work as the top insulator on the RSST but not the bottom insultator. The leak is coming from the bottom insulator and positive post screw. So I don't think that would work for me.

Though the fill plugs are definitely an item I would get. I've already lost mine and use a piece of wooden dowel now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread