Tired of the hassles, buying a pack of cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been a smoker, not to say that I haven't had a cig or 2 before. I ended up going to e-cigs as I knew that I'd start if I didn't. I started June 2013, and am leaving it behind today (3/20/2014). I've gone through countless brands, tanks, mods, mechanicals, drippers, and most important, flavors. They all taste like crap. I've ordered from local shops, all over the net, and I can't find any that I care for. Nicotine doesn't matter to me. I usually don't use it, though I can go to 36 at random times no problem. It's just not worth the thousands I've spent, and it would have been easier and cost less to just smoke. I'm sorry, but e-cigs just aren't what I need in my life, and I'm rolling my own cigs after I type this, and going to the dark side. But hey, I'm just one person. Hopefully more don't follow me.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
The last posting you did was August 2013 and the only complaints at that time were some issues with rebuilding. So what problems you had between then and now are unknown to us and consequently there wasn't anything we could have offered that might have helped. If you want help you have to post a question.

thebanik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
New Delhi, India
Thats very sad, if you dont mind me asking whats your age? The reason is I ask is IMO, most of us are mature guys/gals who started smoking young when we were immature and got addicted which we were not able to quit even when we realised our mistakes. Vaping is god sent for folks like us (hopefully!!!).

Havent seen many people starting to smoke in their mid twenties or later.....Its a nasty habit and addiction.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
From a nonsmoker to ecigs to smoking? Really? Not judging but what's the purpose of starting a bad habit? I understand things can get frustrating but there are just as many good juices as there are bad! I'd like to know some of the juices you've tried. I don't know how anyone who Vaped can go to cigarettes. I smoked for over 20 years at a pack and a half a day. I loved my marlboros too but now they taste like an ashtray. I hope you like the smell and taste of ash. Vaping a descent juice actually has flavors, smoking tastes horrible after vaping.

Well good luck anyway.

How old are you anyway? I can't see an adult going backwards like this...

Jeffk123

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Denton, Tx
If you don't care about nic as you stated why light up a cig? sure vaping isn't for everyone and I hope we are all adults here and can make our own life choices, but I would seriously think about what you are doing, I still fight the urge to smoke and I have been vaping since 2011. If it is nic your needing there are other forms of harm reduction that don't include inhaling over 7,000 chemicals into your lungs.

Let me start with... I'm sorry to hear that. Everyone has to make of their own mind. I wish you all the best but that would not be my course of action. Not that I have anything against smoking... I just know how hard it can be when you decide to stop again.

Secondly... Holy Crap... Going from non-smoking, to vape, then starting to smoking. This is as rare as finding a sasquatch. You are probably the 1 in 100,000 (closer to million) that used a PV to go in the opposite direction.

I always considered the anti-ecig argument that "Kids will use it as a gateway to smoking" as pure hot air. Now I know that it has some truth to it. However from a public health point of veiw... 100,000 use vape to stop smoking against one who used it to start smoking.... I think the balance is in the favor of harm reduction.

Thank you OP for letting us know that there really ARE pitfalls to the PV.

gvegastiger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Greenville, SC
I'm one of the idiots that started smoking in my late 20's. I smoked cigarettes occasionally in college as a stress reliever and in some social settings. When my first child was born the stress of being a new parent got to me and I started smoking more and more. 6 years went by and I was up to half a pack a day on average. I stopped a few months ago. I still get an urge to smoke in certain settings. THe worse is when I travel. something about smoking on the road in a new city is a strong pull.

Captainlady

Aug 7, 2014
Canada
Having a smoke or two? Or do you mean having a smoke or two on more than one occasion when you're stressed or bored? An occasional smoker is a smoker. Perhaps not an addicted smoker but a smoker nonetheless. I still remember the first smoke I had there was something immediate about it and I was instantly hooked. Really, as stupid as that sounds about addiction. Yes, the withdrawals and chemical dependence takes time but the immediate gratification happens with that first cigarette. For me, I didn't have a means of coping with my anxiety and depression and I was oddly drawn to cigarettes years before I even tried it. My parents didn't smoke, my friends didn't smoke but I found myself secretly wishing for one when I was stressed. Then as I took on the habit I found myself needing one. When I tried to quit before I became an anxious mess thinking about nothing but cigarettes all day long even after months of not smoking. They say it is supposed to get easier after a few weeks... Maybe for some but for me it just got worse. I wouldn't sleep. I couldn't concentrate. I didn't even want to eat. I just wanted a damned cigarette!

I do have anxiety and mood problems and I aspire to learn new ways of coping everyday. Some days are harder than others and some feel impossible.

OP before you find yourself hacking up goo every day, wheezing, out of breath, unable to breath and forced to stay at home in bed every time you get a cold let alone the flu, a slave to cigarettes and having mini-panic attacks simply because you're unable to smoke the moment you crave one ask yourself why? What is it that draws you to cigarettes? It's not a path I wish on anyone. The short term benefits do not outweigh the risks and I hope it isn't too difficult for you when you discover that on your own.

I can empathize with the frustration of unsatisfying vape products. I too spent way too much money on e-cigs, moving from brand to brand, style to style, until I found what worked for me. In my experience, the cig-a-like vape products (like the one-shot disposables and the rechargeable cigarette-shaped batteries that take cartomizers) were wildly inconsistent. I'd buy a 5-pack of cartomizers or disposables, and only 3 of them would actually work. I'd pop a brand new cartomizer on a freshly charged battery, only to have the atomizer burn out after a few puffs. My Blu charger stopped charging my batteries after less than two weeks of use.

The ludicrous amount of money I wasted on poor-quality e-cigs caused me to relapse and start smoking again on three separate quit attempts. My most recent resolution to quit lead me to research the latest vape technology, and I discovered the reasons behind my negative experiences with e-cigs in the past. Turns out that many companies were buying their batteries and cartomizers in bulk from China, sticking brand labels on them, and selling them as a standardized product that was anything but standardized.

With the advent of APVs, I learned that electrical terms like "ohms", "watts" and "volts" were HUGELY important to the end user experience. The reason I was burning out brand new cartomizers was because the company didn't bother to make sure the electrical resistance on those carts was uniform. They just bought a bulk load and re-branded them, focused on the bottom line instead of the quality of their products.

APVs have changed all that. With the ability to adjust the voltage going in, the wattage coming out, and the ability to test the resistance of your tank, it has become far less likely that a vaper can unknowingly burn out a coil. Additionally, one $20 reusable tank and a $10 bottle of e-liquid will greatly outlast $30 worth of cig-a-like cartomizers or disposables. If you remember when e-cigs first started hitting the market, one of the common selling points was that they were supposedly cheaper than regular cigarettes. With APVs, that statement is finally accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread