Titan 510 eeeik

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydgal

Jan 24, 2009
Australia
Hi peoples

Got my Titan/510 yesterday and it was working fine except occasionally it was giving off a strong burnt taste. Thought it needed liquid, dripped a bit, nope taste still there. Checked the atomiser for stray strands of fiber... burnt taste still there. Changed carts and it helped a bit and changed atomisers just incase there was a strand I couldn't see...but now it's back and its AWFUL. :shock: (worse than before)

This is very disappointing as I got the PCC and was really looking forward to this e-cig :( Is it me...am I doing something wrong??
Any suggestions/ miracle cures? :confused:

VapeAllDay

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Hi peoples

Got my Titan/510 yesterday and it was working fine except occasionally it was giving off a strong burnt taste. Thought it needed liquid, dripped a bit, nope taste still there. Checked the atomiser for stray strands of fiber... burnt taste still there. Changed carts and it helped a bit and changed atomisers just incase there was a strand I couldn't see...but now it's back and its AWFUL. :shock: (worse than before)

This is very disappointing as I got the PCC and was really looking forward to this e-cig :( Is it me...am I doing something wrong??
Any suggestions/ miracle cures? :confused:

Hey buddy,

I have a newer 510 as well and the first atomizer I used with it did this. It was basically unbareable to use it. I switched out the atomizer with the spare it came with and it has been fine since. Have you tried your other atomizer yet?

I think the first atomizer was getting WAY to hot which was causing the bad taste. No matter how much I cleaned it, it would come back right away!

sydgal

Jan 24, 2009
Australia
Thanks for the responses everyone...

Hey buddy,

I have a newer 510 as well and the first atomizer I used with it did this. It was basically unbareable to use it. I switched out the atomizer with the spare it came with and it has been fine since. Have you tried your other atomizer yet?

I think the first atomizer was getting WAY to hot which was causing the bad taste. No matter how much I cleaned it, it would come back right away!

Yes, unbearable - good word. And yes, I did switch the atomiser which helped for about 15-20 puffs, but then the taste returned and it was worse than before :shock: ... really, really unbearable. I am now too scared to try to use this again, the taste was THAT bad. 8-o

These are all junk, they only last a few weeks tops.

Contact the Crap Manufacturer Joye Tech

and Sign there guest book!

Let them Know How You Feel Click Here To Joyetech Message Page

These are all branded as Dura, Dura-C, 510, Yeti, Titan & other names

My Mods Vape 100%!

Thanks for the links. They last A FEW WEEKS TOPS ?????? :shock: :shock:
If that is the case I'm sending these back!!
And I will sign their guestbook, not that it will probably do much good ... can I swear on it ? :-x

Sydgal, It happens to me now and then. It's too much fluid getting in the atomizer and burning. Blow through the battery end over a paper towel. You should see brown fluid drip out. Let drain a few minutes, a few drops in the atomizer and a fresh cart. Nasty taste all gone.

I have cleaned the atomiser as you suggested, repeatedly and as you say the fluid does drip out. Not sure if I've tried a combination of then dripping on the atomiser plus a fresh cart tho. This would be OK for personal use I guess but what if I'm out showing off my little PCC when the burnt taste hits and I can't do any of that? The PCC is such a good idea in theory but no wonder they changed the name from Dura to Titan because there aint nothin' much durable about this e-cig :(

My little 901 doesn't have these issues - Can someone develop a PCC for the 901 ? :D

VapeAllDay

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks for the responses everyone...

Yes, unbearable - good word. And yes, I did switch the atomiser which helped for about 15-20 puffs, but then the taste returned and it was worse than before :shock: ... really, really unbearable. I am now too scared to try to use this again, the taste was THAT bad. 8-o

Thanks for the links. They last A FEW WEEKS TOPS ?????? :shock: :shock:
If that is the case I'm sending these back!!
And I will sign their guestbook, not that it will probably do much good ... can I swear on it ? :-x

I have cleaned the atomiser as you suggested, repeatedly and as you say the fluid does drip out. Not sure if I've tried a combination of then dripping on the atomiser plus a fresh cart tho. This would be OK for personal use I guess but what if I'm out showing off my little PCC when the burnt taste hits and I can't do any of that? The PCC is such a good idea in theory but no wonder they changed the name from Dura to Titan because there aint nothin' much durable about this e-cig :(

My little 901 doesn't have these issues - Can someone develop a PCC for the 901 ? :D

I guess both of you atomizers are bad then. Do they get really really hot where it could almost burn you? The one that was bad would do that, as the working one I have would get hot as well, but not burn you hot.

Yes return them until they REALLY fix these things. It's so said, because it really is an awesome ecig and I think the best performer out there... I bought mine knowing the risk and I even bought a Dura-C, because when they are working, they can't be touched by any other ecig out there. There are some people in these forums, that will buy a ton of atomizers and keep using the 510 regardless of the cost, because they can't go back to anything else after using it. Now this probably isn't financially feasible for most.

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK

nealglover

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
UK - York
One of my Atomisers is fine (UK TITAN 510) and the other one is WAAAAY too hot. It would burn you if you touched it for too long.

I have sent it back to be replaced, so only have one now :shock:

But they are replacing it under the 28 day warranty. and I have ordered two new ones also.

They way I see it, if its faulty it will be faulty inside the 28 days warranty, and now I have two spares, I can just keep sending them back if they fail. it will only cost me postage and I wont be without my vape.

when the atomisers are working the 510 is Awesome though :thumb:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
I've had a Dura (original auto switch batteries) now for around a month with no issues so far - the vapour is still as good as the day I first tried it and I still haven't touched the other atomiser. This started as a test model but has done so well, I don't find I use much else.

Yes, it does heat up quite a bit if you over do it, but with experience, and using liquid well (ie. keeping carts topped up so that the atomiser is always primed), the results are great. The hot running temperature is also what makes the Dura give a more realistic 'like smoking' sensation unlike any other ecig I've tried. The Dura's responsiveness and ability to chuck out maximum vapour at minimum effort still make it better than any other ecig I've tried IMO.

The only time I did experience a burnt taste, was when I tried dripping e-liquid cut with glycerine.... I'm guessing that the atomiser heats up to such high temperatures and this is what caused the nasty taste. Since then, I have only ever used the manufacturer grade liquid without dripping and haven't had this happen since.

It does sound like you may have received a faulty atomiser though and you should definitely return it for a replacement.

There are issues which are being/have been addressed by Janty/Joyetech such as the badly designed carts and the bad batch of auto switch batteries, and you are investing in a new design/model which has had unfortunate teething problems.

Having said that, use the generous warranties: that's what they're there for....;)

sydgal

Jan 24, 2009
Australia
I guess both of you atomizers are bad then. Do they get really really hot where it could almost burn you? The one that was bad would do that, as the working one I have would get hot as well, but not burn you hot.

Yes return them until they REALLY fix these things. It's so said, because it really is an awesome ecig and I think the best performer out there... I bought mine knowing the risk and I even bought a Dura-C, because when they are working, they can't be touched by any other ecig out there. There are some people in these forums, that will buy a ton of atomizers and keep using the 510 regardless of the cost, because they can't go back to anything else after using it. Now this probably isn't financially feasible for most.

Yes, they do get VERY hot :( They do give out a great amount of vapour and the idea of the PCC is IMO fantastic. It's such a pity that it doesn't really live up to expectations though. When I say expectations, I just mean that I would like it to function correctly. I know, I know, these things aren't perfect and it isn't going to be smooth sailing all the time. I accept that. But I don't accept the horrible burnt rubber taste 8-o eeeww.

No, buying a ton of atomisers is definitely no financially feasible for me... Especially, I guess being somewhat disadvantaged here in Oz with the exchange rates etc...When you say a ton, like how many? I really hope they can improve these as time goes by because potentially they would be my complete analogue replacement ... and that's really what everyone is looking for is it not? :rolleyes:

One of my Atomisers is fine (UK TITAN 510) and the other one is WAAAAY too hot. It would burn you if you touched it for too long.

I have sent it back to be replaced, so only have one now :shock:

But they are replacing it under the 28 day warranty. and I have ordered two new ones also.

They way I see it, if its faulty it will be faulty inside the 28 days warranty, and now I have two spares, I can just keep sending them back if they fail. it will only cost me postage and I wont be without my vape.

when the atomisers are working the 510 is Awesome though :thumb:

So it's just the atomisers... do these have battery issues too? I'm trying to decide whether it's worth just sending atomisers back for replacement. :confused: Unquestionably, the vapour is great, but I don't like rubber tyre flavour :cry:

Love my yeti, simply the best I have ever used. Want to sell the PCC case?

Hmm, I'll let you know ;) The PCC is the best part :D

I've had a Dura (original auto switch batteries) now for around a month with no issues so far - the vapour is still as good as the day I first tried it and I still haven't touched the other atomiser. This started as a test model but has done so well, I don't find I use much else.

Yes, it does heat up quite a bit if you over do it, but with experience, and using liquid well (ie. keeping carts topped up so that the atomiser is always primed), the results are great. The hot running temperature is also what makes the Dura give a more realistic 'like smoking' sensation unlike any other ecig I've tried. The Dura's responsiveness and ability to chuck out maximum vapour at minimum effort still make it better than any other ecig I've tried IMO.

The only time I did experience a burnt taste, was when I tried dripping e-liquid cut with glycerine.... I'm guessing that the atomiser heats up to such high temperatures and this is what caused the nasty taste. Since then, I have only ever used the manufacturer grade liquid without dripping and haven't had this happen since.

It does sound like you may have received a faulty atomiser though and you should definitely return it for a replacement.

There are issues which are being/have been addressed by Janty/Joyetech such as the badly designed carts and the bad batch of auto switch batteries, and you are investing in a new design/model which has had unfortunate teething problems.

Having said that, use the generous warranties: that's what they're there for....;)

You are lucky not to have had an issue ... (try your other atomiser and see how THAT one goes :rolleyes: ) I have fiddled and diddled with topping up carts, draining the atomisers and trying to do all I could to 'rid' the problem, yet unfortunatley it still comes back. (I had a sneek puff just now and the bad taste has gone for the moment) :confused: ... maybe it's just the atomisers overheating :confused:

Gotta be very careful with these it seems. I know what you mean about the glycerine, but I'm on top of that one too.

Ewww OK spoke too soon, a few puffs later and the rubber tyre flavour has made it's return 8-o

Back to square one :-x

truefd

Jul 7, 2009
Something major I noticed with the auto batteries. Sometimes if you bump them or blow on them, they turn on overheating it. I threw mine away and just have to manual batteries now. Also I had 3 out of five atomizers work and the other two were metallic tasting with no help so I tossed them. The others I have work fine if you keep them damp.

Sometimes I can feel bubbles when I inhale so I blow through the atomizer and place it on a papaer towell to get excess juice out and they work great again. Don't just use the cartridge, add a drop to the atomizer when it seems dry and you'll always be good. I carry a 5ml bottle with me always to top up.

Hangtime

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2009
Something major I noticed with the auto batteries. Sometimes if you bump them or blow on them, they turn on overheating it. I threw mine away and just have to manual batteries now. Also I had 3 out of five atomizers work and the other two were metallic tasting with no help so I tossed them. The others I have work fine if you keep them damp.

Sometimes I can feel bubbles when I inhale so I blow through the atomizer and place it on a papaer towell to get excess juice out and they work great again. Don't just use the cartridge, add a drop to the atomizer when it seems dry and you'll always be good. I carry a 5ml bottle with me always to top up.

Too bad you chucked those batts, I would have taken them off your hands. I need the connectors.:(

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread