• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

TITAN Carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan4_uk

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Birmingham,UK
Hi all,

After researching ecigs for a couple of weeks now i have decided im going to order the Titan with the hope of quitting the few real cigs i do smoke now and then. Ive read with interest about re-filling carts and different liquids/flavourings/brands but would like to know are the carts supplied with the Titan any good or is it worth purchasing additional liquids and empty carts ? if so, any suggestions for a good replacement for that real cig taste ? I smoke 4 or five roll ups a day, any suggestions for what mg i should start on ?

Many thanks in advance for any advice given !

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Hi all,

After researching ecigs for a couple of weeks now i have decided im going to order the Titan with the hope of quitting the few real cigs i do smoke now and then. Ive read with interest about re-filling carts and different liquids/flavourings/brands but would like to know are the carts supplied with the Titan any good or is it worth purchasing additional liquids and empty carts ? if so, any suggestions for a good replacement for that real cig taste ? I smoke 4 or five roll ups a day, any suggestions for what mg i should start on ?

Many thanks in advance for any advice given !

Welcome Logan4 hope you enjoy the UK forum,
There should be guys/gals who have used the Titan in this forum - I'm sure you'll get good advice re carts/liquids. Frogbmth, Peetee where are ya? :)

Best

C.

PS
I know SuziQ has found this thread, but dunno if you have too, Logan4

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tecc-titan-joye510-review-improved-model.html

Last edited:

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Sorry Im not one of the guys, but I do use a Titan....lol

Ok...you will get 5 carts with your Titan, and a blank cart on Delivery will be in the atomiser. Dont throw that one away ok. it will come in handy later on should you decide to use the dripping method.

Firstly, forget trying to emulate the taste of a real cigarette, its not going to happen. The taste of a real ciggie comes from all the nasty chemicals included in the tobacco.

The carts included will have various strengths in them, tobacco flavoured, but I will be very surprised if you like the taste, no one does at first.

So my advice to you is to buy some e-liquids. I started with Cherry and Menthol, and both were very good. Now that I have been vaping a few months, I use Ecopure Rich Tobacco for daytime vaping, Marlboro for morning and all kinds of home made flavours for evening...

Your taste buds do change.

So there you go, thats how I started with the Titan. A pass through is also a good idea, as that saves your batteries.

Shout if you need to know anything else, more than happy to help.

peetee

Apr 23, 2009
The Nut House (UK)
Sorry to be a bit late to this...

I have been using my Dura aka Titan aka Joye510? for a while now.

Before I got into these E-cig things I used to smoke Roll ups or Cafe Creme`s about 10-15 per day.
As a result,when I bought my first batch of fluid, I bought some 24mg? Coffee and RY04 along with some normal vanilla high strength. The reasoning was that as I smoked unfiltered then I would need high nicotine content. BIG MISTAKE. The first time I tried the high RY04 it was a big shock. Loved the taste but not the strength. Now running on 18mg RY04.

The toy mini 84mm thing I had to start came with tobacco flavoured carts and they didnt do it for me. It seems that with these things you have an oportunity to ger a flavour that you like as opposed to having to tolerate the taste of burning junk in the tube if you get what I mean.

As for the carts, the dura ones seem to be quite good. Easy to refill and quite long lasting. If I have an issue it is that the mouthpiece end is a little rough when you get them but a little use of a file soon sorts that out. If someone knows where I an get some Kissbox type ones with the shaped mouthpiece I that fit well I may be tempted to try those.

So, buy empty carts and fill them yourself. find a flavour you like and buy in small bottles to test. and start on the LOW strength first.....

My next flavour batch will probably be chocolate, red bull and some of the sweeter fruits like pinapple and strawberry. A buddy of mine found a supplier that did 3ml bottles as testers on E-bay but I cant find him at the moment. Anyone else know where you can get smaller sample testers?

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Its all down to personal taste, no one can really recommend a flavour, as we all like different things.

I found the cheapest way of finding what I liked was to buy flavourless liquid and LorAnn flavourings ( Totally Wicked sell those or order direct from Party Place in the US)

I personally find that fruity or sweet flavours during the morning are a big no no... I prefer tobacco ones at that time, and yes the tobacco that comes in the carts isnt wonderful. Then I personally use Ecupure from Intellicig during the afternoon,, and move on to the exotic fruity ones for evening vapes.

It is good advice to start with fairly low nic to start with, I chose medium, which was right for me as I had smoked for 43 years an average of 20 per day.

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Also... forgot to mention this...

If you have strong nic liquids, you can mix it with Glycerin (VG) and dilute the nic content that way.
For example an 18mg mixed with VG will become a 9mg if you mix 50/50. but beware this does dilute the flavour.

If you search ebay for e-liquid, you will find people who sell small bottles. Personally I am not keen to do this as you really dont know what you are buying.

Withnail

Feb 26, 2009
Its anything but simple....but it is great fun...lol

Vaping, unlike smoking can become a hobby, and a very enjoyable one at that.

Chistena, I just ordered a Titan which should be arriving tomorrow. How do you find the atomizers' lifespan on the Titan?

The reason i ask is I've been having problems with pen-style atomizers being pretty much useless after just a few days in some cases, which obviously is getting way too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread