To 905 or Not to 905, that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrMcDebt

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Corvallis, Oregon, United States
My first kit was a "The Fifty One" Duo. I thought it had great flavor, not much vapor, but crappy battery life.

So I returned it and ordered a Joye 510 Kit. The day I got it began the count down to no analogs,(I finished the pack I already had,...over three days, then no cigs in over 70 days.) I found the 510 to have significantly better vapor production, but not as much flavor.

So I got the adapters for the DSE 901 and the DSE 801 to expand my experience. I didn't have any 801 carts, but that didn't stop me, I just direct dripped. Better flavor, but I didn't like having to add juice all the time.
I loved the 901 from the first puff. Seemed like it had the flavor of the 801 with the vapor of the 510. (Cartos didn't realy work for me,... not enough vapor. Maybe its from using 510 bats/pass, but I'm not sure.)
So I've made 4 mods, 3 of them are 901's. And now I'm seriously considering adding a 905 to my collection.

What are the pros and the cons of the DSE 905? I'd like to hear peoples opinions. I'm concerned about the "Cleaning cycle". Sounds like a good way to burn up an atty, so if you own one, let me know what your impressions are.

If I decide to get one it will be my first comercial mod. Help me make an intelligent and well informed decision.

Thanks
KarrMcDebt

dejo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I have had the 905 for 2 weeks and love it, I have not had it go through the cleaning cycle at all. also I vape almost constantly. i did the mod to it to allow the use of cr2 batts and it is a whole new monster. I get pretty disapointed when I have to use the 14500 battery as I am used to the 6v vape. have not had a single misfire or issue whatsoever. I am of the opinion that it is the best value out there for what they can be had for. Not sure about long term value, but...I just love mine and have gotten 3 of my friends to order them also.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I have had the 905v2 since Xmas and have had no issues with it whatsoever and it seems to be a pretty sturdy unit.

The cleaning cycle has happened but I never leave it sitting and turned on if I am going to be away from it for a long period so I was able to catch it and turn it off. Basically the important thing is, at a minimum, switch the bottom on/off switch off if you are going to be away from it for a long period or even take the battery out or disconnect the atty.

I have seen it said that the v3, which no longer has the bottom on/off switch, doesn't have the cleaning cycle but I'm not positive if that is correct or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread