To all you dummies spending $200+ on a mod..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
I apologize. I judged you to soon.

9 months and 27 days ago I started with the Blu ecig. A month later I found ECF and the eGo. And two months later I bought a zmax. All the while laughing at those of you paying $150+ on a single mod. I said it was stupid and I would NEVER spend $200 on a mod. Fast forward till today when I'm a hypocrite but admitting I was wrong. The performance, consistency and reliability of this stuff is second to none. I'm not going to run out and start collecting mods or anything but my standards have certainly gone up. I've liked most of the vape gear I've bought but nothing was perfect. Everything I own works fine but has some fiddliness(a word?) to it or a design flaw or some other feature that bugs me. I know how I like to vape. It took me a while, trying juices and testing out mods but I finally found it. It took me about 6 months to really settle down on my perfect vape. When I finally did it changed what I shopped for. I was no longer trying find what I liked. I was trying to fine tune what I liked. So after figuring it out and putting together all the features I wanted in one tube mod and a carto tank, this is what came out. A matte Nemesis w/Salt n Pepper carto tank+kick2+18500+HHV Huntsman.

I can admit when I'm wrong. In fact I was so wrong I'm kind of giddy:oops:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 418

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
Well one thing to recognize is that if you're hanging out on this forum you're part of a subculture and likely a hobbyist when it comes to vaping. In our bubble, we are each moving vertically (upgrading, upgrading) or laterally (just one more mod!). There are a lot of vapers that aren't in this bubble. For them, an ego kit and a few clearos are keeping them from smoking and that's good enough for them.

I used to manage a bicycle shop back in the day and about 80% of my customers just needed a $200-$500 bicycle. It was only 20% that would keep returning either upgrading (I need a better and better mountain bike) or expanding (I have a mountain bike now I need a road bike, cyclocross, single-speed, ton of accessories etc.). In the bubble, it's easy to believe that it's normal to own a $4500 mountain bike or 7 different bicycles.

I'm not saying the OP is wrong by any means, but it's important to put ex post facto arguments about the economic efficiency of buying into top-of-the-range gear into perspective for those outside the subculture.

Captain_puffs

Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Tamarac
Lol, I'm a mountain biker. What you said is soooo true! I started with a Specialized Hardrock. Now I have a Specialized Big Hit. Same is true in my vaping adventure. Started wirh an Ego, and Stardust. Worked my way up to a Vamo V3 and Pro Tank. Now I want a mech mod with a sub ohm coil. NOT A CLONE! I believe you get what you pay for. Not to take anything away from clones. If they work well, and people are happy with them... awesome! But I want the best (like we all do) so I'll save up, and get what best suits my needs.
P.S
Mountain biking is way better as a non-smoker :)

Last edited:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I was no longer trying find what I liked. I was trying to fine tune what I liked.

Well put. I don't buy new gear often, but when I do, I want something exactly to my liking. Not like it was at first with all the random shopping, trying desperately to find something that might actually work the way I wanted. Now I just sit back and wait until something comes along with the exact features I want.

jwat82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
The Land of Lincoln
Can't agree more. Just got a REO and I couldn't be happier. I was hesitant at firs because of the price, but now I wish I'd saved all the money on clearos, cartos, tanks, etc. And started with this setup. Soooo worth it. Although possible that I wouldn't appreciate my REO as much if I hadn't worked my way up.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
Can't agree more. Just got a REO and I couldn't be happier. I was hesitant at firs because of the price, but now I wish I'd saved all the money on clearos, cartos, tanks, etc. And started with this setup. Soooo worth it. Although possible that I wouldn't appreciate my REO as much if I hadn't worked my way up.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

I need to try a Reo. I hear lots of good things. I was reading a Reo thread earlier today. Reo owners put provari Owners to shame with their pride.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread