To all you Japanese cotton users, do you pick out the black seeds/hulls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If you plant the black seeds, does it grow a cotton bush (bush, not tree right?) that has little KGD pads on it you can pick yourself?

It depends.

I use Muji 50mm -x- 60mm Cotton Pads. So if I plant those Black Bits, I'm going to get 50mm -x- 60mm Muji Blooms. Not KGD.

That is, as long as I plant them in Japan.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
If you plant the black seeds, does it grow a cotton bush (bush, not tree right?) that has little KGD pads on it you can pick yourself?

I do love it so. Another way to beat the FDA, grow your own. You could get lights, an irrigation system, a lawyer on retainer - good times.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It is definitely the easiest to work with and I like using it. Egyptian cotton is great but a pure pita to prep, I only use it when I am bored to tears. I did break down and use rayon in one of my Nanos; I am using an alien in it was getting some spitting.

Spitting, according to my own experience, is minimized or eliminated if the Rayon wick is really tight in the coil. If you can pull it through without twisting it may be too loose. Since Rayon shrinks it has to be almost overly tight to be right once it starts to compact. I still get a small pop here and there, but almost no spitting at all. Even those pops are when I'm slow to start drawing on it. Once air flow is going I don't get pops and I cant remember the last time I got spitting or juice in the mouth, but I seldom vape over 10W to 12W.

The wick that I had to twist to install comes out pretty easily when I decide to change it. Usually, I can just tug on it gently and it slips out.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread