To Be Charged, or Not to Be Charged???

Status
Not open for further replies.

VelvetVisions

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Waukesha, WI
Hello everyone,

So.... I'm wondering if anyone else struggles with this as I do. Since I starting vaping, my biggest challenge has been trying to remember which batteries are charged and which ones need charging. Since I carry more than one spare with me, it has become difficult to remember which ones need charging when I get home.

I tried putting "To Be Charged" in a separate carrying case, but I didn't like carrying around something else on top of the myriad of things I already carry.

When I was dieting some time back and was supposed to drink lots of water, one of the tips I got was to put a rubberband on the bottle for each one drank. Thought this might work for my batteries as well, so I went and purchased some really little rubberbands (found in the women's hair products aisle) and I'm going to give this a go. I will let everyone know how it works out.

Wondering what everyone else is doing to remember which batteries are which?

Last edited:

The Rain Man

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Orlando
www.Esmokeronline.com
It'd be neat if they put a small touch sensor switch on the battery that gave charge level.

I know my pen style batteries flash a certain number of times based on remaining charge level when I put them in the charger. I think it's one flash for each 20%

A small sensor like the bars on a cell phone would be awesome!!
Im sure its just a matter of time :p

Roxi

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago
I'm going into my 3rd month with this and I finally realize... just puff it until there's no vapor, then refill 2 drops of juice, when that doesn't work, replace the bat. I have 2 e-cigs I use alternately. THIS IS IMPORTANT. Must use more than 1 ecig. I keep 2 bats on charge. Just replace bats on both at the same time if refilling the juice doesn't give you vape. That way I never wonder what bats are charged and what's dead.

VelvetVisions

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Waukesha, WI
Roxi, the only issues for me there are that I'm not always by my chargers and depending, go through a different number of batts a day. I use different styles of PVs depending on my mood, so also different types of batts. It was difficult to keep the batts in two different locations (one for charged and non-charged) and even then, I would forget which location had which (pathetic I know). :)

I'm really hoping putting a rubberband on those needing a charge will work out for me, but having some sort of indicator built into the battery would be awesome, but likely mean more expensive batteries as well. Rubberbands were cheap, $2.50 for a pack of 50

SSRob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
Oklahoma! USA
www.vaporkings.com
This won't work for on the go but at home I have about 7-8 e-cigs that I smoke...part of my "product testing"...at least that is what I tell the wife. I really just like collecting the damn things...had a wonderful day dripping on my DSE103 the other day tho.

Anyways... at home I took a peice of 2x8 and drilled holes into it (not through it) at an angle. I have holes toward the back to hold batteries and holes up front to hold "in use" e-cigs. If a battery is charged then the ash end is up. If it needs charged then the connector end is up. This stand also works nice because the e-cigs being stored upright the wicks are always nice and wet when I pull one out to smoke it. It isn't pretty but it works and helps keep my desk uncluttered from the bazillion parts.

In my truck I kinda try to do the same thing...batteries ash up in the console are charged. Doesn't always work tho...so sometimes right pocket dead battery, left pocket charged.

I have a carrying case and three working batteries. What I do is keep my spare batteries in my case and the assembled ecig with the "current" battery in my pants pocket or a purse pocket. If one dies out while I'm out and about I always keep the dead one in the battery slot closest to the opening side of the case so if I have to change it again I know which one is dead.

Typically when I'm at home I'm usually charging two dead batteries and vaping on the good one.

You could always buy a cheap plastic smoke case for analogs from a convenience store/smoke shop to store batteries in, the only disadvantage is it isn't designed to hold batteries and they could potentially get knocked around. Maybe stuff the case with tissue paper or something to buffer it.

WendyM

ECF Veteran
I was looking at the hard mini attache cases they make for Nintendo DS lites and inside the front area (where you'd normally keep the game cartridges) there are little strips of elastic meant to keep the stylus and a spare in place. Check Toy'r'us-- you could label one side as your "ready" side and one as your "need to be charged" (oh yeah, there are additional mesh pockets that are just the right size to hold 6 cartridges and 2 dropper bottles.) If you want to keep it really simple use a smiley face decal for charged, and a frowny face decal for drained.

I plan on buying two for myself (one to actually hold my DS Lite and the other to keep my DSE901 and gear in.

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
Here is the method I use to remember which battery needs to be charged and also to protect the screw-in part from dirt:

chargethisbattery4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread