To Choose Only One Ecig Model.. What Would it Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
There seems to be so many models of standard ecigs are there really much difference between them than just the threading such as the 510, 901, 801, 808 ect... They don't seem to be so much different that a person would be compelled to own more than just one or two. I see two piece and three piece types as well with no real understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of either. It seems the 510 is the most common thread on all types of ecigs but, If you could only choose one what would it be and why?

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
So far it would be my mechanical telescopic Motar. It can be kicked but so far I haven't needed to with the delivery devices I use. I'm hoping for a better type kick because the reviews are too mixed. Mechanical in other words all mechanical and because they look nice, feel nice, aren't likely to break down, don't need replacing and battery life is best ( without the kick) my mod is all brass a simply elegant but cost $150 or so plus shipping. It should last a very long time.

Last edited:

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
If I had to have a cigarette look alike, it would be an 808 style - for the same length 808's have a wee bit more battery capacity.

I would also stay away from 3 piece systems - they're an obsolescent juice delivery system that doesn't work very well. They continue to be sold because new vapers don't know any better than to spend way too much for a cheaper system.

The 2 piece system relies on an atomized cartridge (called a cartomizer for short) combining the atomizer and cartridge from the three piece system into one piece that works better.

If you aren't restricting the choice to just a cigarette look alike system, then one of the current generation battery mods with variable power (wattage) would certainly be my first choice! Zmax (either the smok or the sigeli) or Vamo. Couple it with three pairs of IMR 18350 batteries and you'll have more power and vape time than you need, and the ability to try all manner of carto's clearo's tanks, rebuildables, and all sundry!

Shopping list for brand new vaper to get started -right- for as little cash as possible:

Vamo
6 IMR 18350 batteries
xfest WP2 II charger
vision vivi nova
boge cartomizer (or a few, 5 packs are convenient)
smoktek DCT (comes with a dual coil carto)
3-5 flavors of american made e-juice

This lets you try a few delivery systems to find what will work for you. You can try cartomizers without the tank, cartomizers with the tank, one of the most widely recognized best clearo systems on the market, and a few flavors of juice. Running your batteries in pairs of 18350's as opposed to a single 18650 buys you all the power the unit can produce, as well as the flexibility to explore shorty mode.

If the list above is too much (and I admit it's intimidating when you look at it all at once) you can trim down to 2 batteries (but be prepared to wait while they charge) 1 flavor (hope you like it) make the juice dekang instead of american (be prepared not to like it) get a slightly cheaper charger (not reccomended, but probably won't blow you up right away) and even try to pick only 1 juice delivery system (cartomizers for the beginning wold probably be your best bet).

You will likely end up with at least the above list sooner or later anyway.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Another vote here for 510. I have lots of different devices to put on it and have never had to buy an adaptor. My favorite set-up is a Twist with a tank and low-res carto, but I also like to use clearos (just the plain "Stardust" type) if I want to vape a smaller amount of juice, and dripping with LR306 atty & Cannon drip tip.

Scary but true, the Volt X2. It's easy to use, built well, and generally a no-brainer. I like that. I appreciate that quite nicely, actually, as I think all day. :)

I like the passthrough feature that lets you continuously charge them. When I walk away from the computer, I pull the cord off and know I'm at nearly 100% power--enough to be gone for 9 to 10 hours with my basic model, 12+ with my larger one.

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
well im going to assume you would want a ecig to take out and about...so I would buy a joyetech ego twist 650mah which can use either 510 threaded cartomizers, tanks or rebuildable atomizers, as well as ego threaded clearomizers which are a tank style atomizer ..which is what i prefer over carto's

Why do you prefer the clearomizers? Do they work better?

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
Scary but true, the Volt X2. It's easy to use, built well, and generally a no-brainer. I like that. I appreciate that quite nicely, actually, as I think all day. :)

I like the passthrough feature that lets you continuously charge them. When I walk away from the computer, I pull the cord off and know I'm at nearly 100% power--enough to be gone for 9 to 10 hours with my basic model, 12+ with my larger one.
Looking at the signature on the bottom of your post...HOW many cigarettes did you smoke???? 3k in 4 months! That is super!

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
If I had to have a cigarette look alike, it would be an 808 style - for the same length 808's have a wee bit more battery capacity.

I would also stay away from 3 piece systems - they're an obsolescent juice delivery system that doesn't work very well. They continue to be sold because new vapers don't know any better than to spend way too much for a cheaper system.

The 2 piece system relies on an atomized cartridge (called a cartomizer for short) combining the atomizer and cartridge from the three piece system into one piece that works better.

If you aren't restricting the choice to just a cigarette look alike system, then one of the current generation battery mods with variable power (wattage) would certainly be my first choice! Zmax (either the smok or the sigeli) or Vamo. Couple it with three pairs of IMR 18350 batteries and you'll have more power and vape time than you need, and the ability to try all manner of carto's clearo's tanks, rebuildables, and all sundry!

Shopping list for brand new vaper to get started -right- for as little cash as possible:

Vamo
6 IMR 18350 batteries
xfest WP2 II charger
vision vivi nova
boge cartomizer (or a few, 5 packs are convenient)
smoktek DCT (comes with a dual coil carto)
3-5 flavors of american made e-juice

This lets you try a few delivery systems to find what will work for you. You can try cartomizers without the tank, cartomizers with the tank, one of the most widely recognized best clearo systems on the market, and a few flavors of juice. Running your batteries in pairs of 18350's as opposed to a single 18650 buys you all the power the unit can produce, as well as the flexibility to explore shorty mode.

If the list above is too much (and I admit it's intimidating when you look at it all at once) you can trim down to 2 batteries (but be prepared to wait while they charge) 1 flavor (hope you like it) make the juice dekang instead of american (be prepared not to like it) get a slightly cheaper charger (not reccomended, but probably won't blow you up right away) and even try to pick only 1 juice delivery system (cartomizers for the beginning wold probably be your best bet).

You will likely end up with at least the above list sooner or later anyway.

Where was this post 2 weeks ago! I may have saved a few bucks! I did go for a three piece 901 at first cause I thought it looked sleak. And it does. But, it is a pain in the rear. I have much stuff mostly revolving around the inferno with a 4ml tube tank. Got replacement tank and cartos as well. Not to exclude the more cigarette looking 901 and an apollo extreme which I like when I am working at home and its light enough to let just kind of hang from my mouth..lol.

Interestingly, I spent a lot of money and energy on the eliquids. I have bought from about 4-5 vendors and about 30 or so flavors. Excessive? Yep. I like variety though and find myself wanting to switch hourly.

I see dual coil cartos.. extra punches... I really don't know what is best so far. Vamo vs. Provari is the goal. Eventually? I have dropped about 450 -500 in the last couple weeks. I think I can wait a month or so... I picked up an extra shift at work (Im a RN) that make up for my indulgance...

Smoktec DTC?

Your best most favorite ejuice supplier???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread