To follow up on MNZ's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...about RuToo e-cigarette products and their claim on their website:

Can I fill up the E-cigarette with e-liquid?
No, you can’t. We do not supply e-liquid, because it contains a hazardous substance which should not be experimented with. In order to prevent any risks, we only supply the cartridges / ampoules. Refilling your cartridge is at your own risk. The guarantee does not cover the damage if improper use is established. Moreover, changing the cartridge is a great deal more hygienic.

I emailed them as well. I figured if more people were asking, then maybe they will come out and tell us why they make this claim.

But I emailed a few days ago...and I have not received an answer.

Here is an email. info@rutoo.nl

Maybe someone else will have better luck.

MNZ started this thread a few days ago. It sucks that it went south...however, I think this is information we need and they should give us some info to back that up.

This was my email to RuToo:

Please tell me what substance you are referring to when you make this claim:

Can I fill up the E-cigarette with e-liquid?
No, you can’t. We do not supply e-liquid, because it contains a hazardous
substance which should not be experimented with.

Which hazardous substance are you referring to? Nicotine? Propylene Glycol?
Glycerol? A list of ingredients in e-cig's liquid is listed here:
https://e-cig.com/shopping/shopcontent. ... ifications
If there is another substance that is not listed that you know about
specifically, it is the right of all e-smokers to have this information and not
a vague reference on your website.

Please advise as to which hazardous substance that you are referring to.

Thank you.

MNZ

NZ Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
Wellington, New Zealand
Here are the messages so far between Rutoo and me. I'm still waiting for a response to my last message to them.

19-06-2008 04:07 Peacock question about you FAQ
In your FAQ you say ... Can I fill up the E-cigarette with e-liquid?
No, you can’t. We do not supply e-liquid, because it contains a hazardous substance which should not be experimented with. In order to prevent any risks, we only supply the cartridges / ampoules. Refilling your cartridge is at your own risk. The guarantee does not cover the damage if improper use is established. Moreover, changing the cartridge is a great deal more hygienic.

It is the line ... contains a hazardous substance which should not be experimented with, that concerns me greatly as I have been refilling cartridges from another company for quite sometime now.

What is the hazardous substance that I have been inhaling ?
In what way should I expect it to affect me ?
Do I now need to seek medical assistance because of my use of e-liquid ?

I am so concerned by your statement of e-liquid containing a hazardous substance that I have discontinued my use of it and gone back to prefilled cartridges.
Pending a reply from you I have posted a message in http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com warning all users about e-liquid containing hazardous substances and to stop using it. I will update that post once I receive further information from you.

Many thanks

Michael Peacock
michaelp@paradise.net.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

19-06-2008 19:36 Rutoo Re: question about you FAQ
Dear Peacock,
Many thanks for your ticket. The liquid that are used for refilling is not tested by Rutoo. Our cartridges are tested for a toxicology investigation. The way to implement it in a cartridge is really special so the taste and the nicotine stay in the cartridge for a long time.

Kind regards, Rutoo Services

20-06-2008 02:48 Peacock Re: question about you FAQ
I'm sorry but that is not a satisfactory answer ... you clearly state that e-liquid contains a hazardous substance.
I want to know, as do alot of other people exactly what this hazardous substance is you claim is in e-liquid.
I and a significant number of other e-smokers are regularly refilling cartridges. To think we are, on the basis of your claim of hazardous content, either, harming ourselves or potentially killing ourselves is frightning. I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist that you substantiate your claim with some factual data, this is an extremely serious claim to make and one that has far reaching consequences.

I will deal with your other claim that your method of implementation in a cartridge is really special at a later stage. I'm intrigued to discover what methods you employ that are so vastly different to every other manufacturer out there, but that is a subject for later conversation.

I anxiously await your answer about what the hazardous substance in e-liquid indeed is, as are alot of other frightened people !

Mr.Darcy said:
id hazard a guess and say that hes talking about nicotine...but who knows...

My guess is nicotine too...but we have to make sure. Any reputable company would post what the hazardous material is.

McDonald's tells you that some of their food comes in contact with peanuts which may cause allergic reaction in some people. How would we feel if they say "Some of our food comes in contact with an ingredient which could be potentially fatal." That's how I think RuToo is treating e-smokers.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
My goodness ... BOTHER. Rutoo didn't make some flip remark to be dismissed as inconsequential. What kind of e-smoker wouldn't be bothered to learn liquid might be dangerous? I don't understand any "ignorance is bliss" attitude. Ignorance is ignorance. I want an answer, too! Rutoo must either back up the statement with fact and attribution or get it off the Web site.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
It's not ignorance, it's judgement. I can judge this guy as the e-cig equivalent of a used car salesman based on the evidence thus far presented. He's a snake, and snakes wriggle; I really don't need to know how he wriggles to know that. Fear mongering and competition bashing. That's all it is. And trying to pin them down n it is going to be a wasted effort. They will either ignore you or spin more lies.

I want to know and I think we are owed an explanation.

With all due respect leaford and sanneke, don't hate on us because we want to pursue this and discuss it. Which is why I posted it in the heath and medical issues forum and not on the General Discussions forum. MNZ's thread went south before we could all agree to come to our own conclusions. I would appreciate if this did NOT happen again.

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
karenwest1961 said:
I want to know and I think we are owed an explanation.

With all due respect leaford and sanneke, don't hate on us because we want to pursue this and discuss it. Which is why I posted it in the heath and medical issues forum and not on the General Discussions forum. MNZ's thread went south before we could all agree to come to our own conclusions. I would appreciate if this did NOT happen again.

Sorry Karen, that was me talking to the company, not you.
Nor was I critiquing the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread