"To Hot" message DNA30 BoxMod error

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekmedic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States
So I bought a Hana clone from FT with the included purple Efest IMR 2500mAh battery, been vaping a 1.6 oHm coil at 11.1 watts for a couple days with the included battery.

I stopped by my local B&M and bought a VTC4 battery (hoped it would be better than the included battery), to put in the Hana, and suddenly get a "To Hot" message. not sure what is going on here. The Efest is 2500mAh and the VTC4 is 2500 mAh 2100mAh.

After letting the Hana sit for a minute or two to write this message I am able to get it back up to 11.1 watt (best taste for me IMHO, not cloud chasing) without the error. What gives, I'm really lost here?

I'm not completely new to batteries, I have a background in R/C (Remote Control) and have been using LiPo batteries for a very long time, I know battery safety!
I am concerned that the mAh is lower than the supplied battery but I can live with it as I can do pass through while working (not ideal). I am worried that about the "To Hot" message. Anyone have an idea what the error was all about?

TIA
Geekmedic

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
I'm seeing the same message on same device using stock battery 2-3x per day. Vaping 7-10 watts on 1.5 dual and 2.7 single coil. Seems odd as don't believe this usage should stress device or battery; and irritating as it takes 2-4 minutes before the error will clear. Haven't confirmed but maybe might occur more at lower wattage and shorter pulls?

Anybody else seeing these? And what triggers these warning? Do these things just shunt power (i.e. heat) during low voltage/wattage draws???

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
The "Too hot" message is probably indicating that the chip is getting too hot rather than the battery, as any temperature sensors there would be on the board itself. This could just be a case of poor quality components or sloppy solder joints on the board in that instance. You could confirm if this is the case or not by popping off the battery cover and checking to see if the battery is warm when you get the error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread