To Inhale Or Not To Inhale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been smoking full flavor cigarettes for about 25 years. I have a heart condition and HAVE to stop. I have tried everything under the sun and nothing works for me. I enjoy the feeling of the smoke going into my lungs as well as it relaxing me. I do know it's not healthy and I would like to stop. I guess my question is, when you inhale do you feel the smoke inside your lungs? Also, what is the strongest kit I can purchase to start and ween down or does it depend on the drops of nicotine that I would use? I am going to need something that is almost as strong as I have now or I am going to be smoking constantly. Thank you all in advance.:D Catherine

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have been smoking full flavor cigarettes for about 25 years. I have a heart condition and HAVE to stop. I have tried everything under the sun and nothing works for me. I enjoy the feeling of the smoke going into my lungs as well as it relaxing me. I do know it's not healthy and I would like to stop. I guess my question is, when you inhale do you feel the smoke inside your lungs? Also, what is the strongest kit I can purchase to start and ween down or does it depend on the drops of nicotine that I would use? I am going to need something that is almost as strong as I have now or I am going to be smoking constantly. Thank you all in advance.:D Catherine

Hi Catherine. First, we're not claiming or proscribing anything with regards to medical conditions but I'll say that many here are in the same boat - or were and are now ashore, or having more fun on the boat ;-)

You need to chose a model to start. It would help to have an idea of how many packs a day you smoke, but you'll likely be looking for a strong nicotine content in your juice and something with a 'throat hit' or 'lung hit' where, like you describe, you feel the vapor in the throat and lungs. I don't have every model that exists but I do have a lot of 510's, a few 801's, I've tried cartomizers and a supermini. Some autos and manuals.

With the manual batteries you have more control of how much vapor you are taking in so I'd first recommend a manual battery. The 510 tends to run warmer than some of the others in the cigarette style types - with the regular batteries, so you're more likely to 'feel' the vapor with the 510 and so I'd recommend that you start with a 510 starter kit. Now later, you might want to move to a 'mod' where you can get longer battery life and also a higher voltage battery that will give you even more throat and lung hit. Then, with the higher voltage mods, your choices will be wider and you could try a 910 or an 801 atomizer to see how they feel, but for starting out, you'd never regret getting a 510 - it's a very popular model and the atomizer is the one of choice for mods as well.

As far as ejuice goes, while one might think that you want to start off with the highest available, along with your starter kit, I'd suggest getting a variety of juices in different nicotine strengths - one 36mg, one 18mg, and one 12mg - mg being the nicotine strength. Try the 18mg and see how that goes. If you need more then go to the 36mg. If that seems too much then blend between the three - eg. on a 1:1 ratio the 36 and the 18 will get you 27mg, 36 with the 12 will get you 24mg. My early sign of too much nicotine is hiccups.

It is likely that you will find, like many here, that the vapor/smoke - the feedback so to speak, is a large part of smoking and vaping. Maybe even as much as the nicotine, and that you will be able to ween yourself down to lower level nicotine levels. Some here now only vape 0mg nic ejuice and some have even quit vaping after losing the addiction.

Reactions: Frank_147
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread