The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

To pro vapers: Can this e-juice be bad or is it just me?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by screamwork, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. screamwork

screamwork New Member

Aug 24, 2018
    Hey all..

So I'm used to vape "NASTY inc" products, they have just the right combination for me.

But I wanted to try something new so my friend gave me one of his stock e-juices

it's called "No Hype Vapors: Tobacco and Caramel"

But when I took a puff I felt that it's quite mouthful and intense in my mouth

and when vaped, I felt as my lungs got clogged somehow? and can't fully breath "as if half my lungs are working"

The effect lasts for a couple of seconds with every puff..

I don't know if this flavor is just too much for my lungs to handle or if the e-juice is a fake or expired.

I surely stopped using it but --again, what I'm asking is if this e-juice is "as is" or if it's just a fake or expired

As I'm planning to resell it.

Thx

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    You could have an issue with one of the flavorings I guess. If it has a born on date, maybe you should let it steep some if it's a newer juice, etc. I can't say (and I doubt anyone really can) whether is "fake" or "bad" or anything else.

Personally I would not be inclined to sell something that I felt was "bad' for me without sort of figuring out the cause, that seems a sort of unfair thing to do to someone. If it's giving YOU breathing symptoms and you are asking if it's fake or expired, passing that on down the line to SOMEONE else, seems a bit obnoxious.

Your time would be better spent in contacting your vendor and getting a refund if it is "doing you wrong." Seriously.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Could be waaay too much nicotine. As to flavors awful enough to make you nauseous, yes they can happen. I vaped a “philly cheese steak” flavor once which was almost as bad as ry4. (Note there are people here who love ry4). Flavor taste is very individual

• Like Like x 3
  4. screamwork

screamwork New Member

Aug 24, 2018
    I appreciate your reply

but the thing is, I have seasonal allergy so this could possibly be the flavoring? dunno

and as I said it was given to me as a gift so I don't really have a vendor

and tbh I was offered a good price that can get me 2 bottles of NASTY e-juice for this one.

But yeah imma settle for something fair, I'd ask the buyer to try it firsthand and test for themselves :)

Thanks again Anna!

• Love Love x 1
  5. screamwork

screamwork New Member

Aug 24, 2018
    True that I've tried a red-bull flavor once xD & it was awful

• Like Like x 1
  6. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    You'd have to know the recipe to be able to tell something about what's in it. If it's a commercial juice, good luck in getting them to divulge the ingredients, much less the recipe.

It's probably one of the flavors or "secret ingredients" that your senses don't care for. Taste and smell are individualized for all of us. Good luck finding a flavor that really fits your taste buds.

I'd be wary of any juice that made my lungs feel anything but reasonable throat hit. Throat hit goes away in a few seconds. What you are describing sounds like it's definitely bad for vaping.

Someone let me try a Picayune cigarette once when I was 15. It was a few minutes before I could talk again after a hit. Cough! Cough!

• Like Like x 2
  7. sdennislee

sdennislee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Alaska
    It takes a brave soul to vape Philly Cheese Steak, made me cringe reading it, I bow to you

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. halbgott

halbgott Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Do both the juices have the same PG/VG/nic amounts? Do you and your friend have similar 'vaping styles', as well as similar devices and coil resistances?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    So is it a DIY juice or someone just gave you the juice and it's commercial? You might ask the giver why they gave it to you, (like, maybe it's off and they didn't like the flavorings, either.) Or maybe it's just old, or maybe it's just a flavor that many people loathe. IDK.

I think letting the buyer try some is probably fair, if they want it and want to pay you for it, I guess. This scenario dues make me wonder about the juice and how old it is, and etc., etc.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  11. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    Philly cheesesteak....ewww. Just ewww

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    without knowing more, I can't really give much advice
    all I can ask is what is the vg/pg ratio of your normal vape and what is the one on this ejuice? Also again what nic level is your normal vape and what is the one on this e-juice?
    Typically if it's a higher nic than you usually vape it will have a peppery flavor, unless it is a nic salt supposedly those don't do that
    typically if it irritates your throat more than usually it is a higher pg than you are used to
    typically if it has more of a, how to put this, weighted feel I guess, it is probably a higher vg than you are used to.
    As far as flavor goes, to each his own but yes I've vaped some things that flavor alone made my gag, case in point, o2pure's cherry flavor omg it tasted like cough medicine no joke the worst vape i've ever had and i've vaped some odd things (hot dog, italian cheese, bacon icecream, jalapeno, ect)

• Like Like x 2
  13. tailland

tailland Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2018
    Germany
    Throw it into the trash, because that's where it belongs if it really has the effect you describe. It sounds like the juice has either gone bad, or it has a wayyyy too high concentration of flavoring in it, which makes it aggressive to inhale. Whichever it is, it means that the manufacturer of that product has no working quality control. Bad.

If you want to have some fun, force your friend to vape this stuff in front of you :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Too much pg used to gag me. I could see it being the flavors and or their percentages, or the percentages of any other ingredients. Too much vg, my sil cannot vape. Too much nic, I can’t vape. It could also just not be steeped enough. Any of these possibilities seem more likely to me than “ bad” or “fake” juice.

Anyway... life’s too short to bother with nasty juice. Chuck it and move on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. tailland

tailland Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2018
    Germany
    We all had a good cough when something was off by a bit, but clogging up your lungs for several seconds, giving you the feeling that only half of your lung is working ? With every single puff? Nah meng, that's off by a mile, not just an inch.

• Like Like x 1
  16. screamwork

screamwork New Member

Aug 24, 2018
    This is basically how allergy works mate

Some people would literally die from consuming peanuts if they're allergic to them

and this in no way means that peanuts are "trash material" as others do enjoy them

I put the product's name in my thread hoping for someone to recognize it and tell me if it's known for having possible allergy triggers. And that's that.

Thx

• Like Like x 1
  17. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I wonder if you could taste the onions as well? Philly cheese sounds as bad as a crab juice that was kind of popular years ago...
    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.