To Remove or Not To Remove (Ego-T tank chad or knock-out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis_a

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
The Granite State
Been using my Ego-T for a week now and so far (fingers and toes crossed), it's working pretty well.

Still reading up on posts about the -T and one area that I got confused with was the removal or non-removal of the knock-out, ya know, that thingy that pops when you first put in a fresh tank? Some say don't remove as it will cause leaking isses. However, a video I saw, from Volcano I think, says remove it.

What's the final consensus on this, should it be removed or just leave it alone?

Thanks

Rimau

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
I have no idea where I'm at
Never had a problem. I removed my after the first pre-fill was empty. I took it out primarily because I thought that it might impede the flow, especially when the juice is low and might have a problem getting "around" the chad. Additionally, I also thought that the part of the chad that was still connected to the opening wall might actually cause leakage and it's removal would provide a more uniform hole to help seal the spike.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." If what you have going is working, go with it. If you experience issues with leaking/bad puffs/etc (and you will with the tank systems), that's when the tinkering starts. This tinkering is often the demise of peoples' tank system usage, also. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread