• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

To the Animal lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
I don't know about many of you. But I LOVE my animals. So much I have 7 cats, and 3 dogs. All rescues of course except for 2 of the dogs.

Popcorn- 15 year old calico (stray kitten at about 4 weeks old)
Killer- 10 year old tortus shell (found in trash can at work at about 4 weeks old)
Misty- 2 year old tortus shell (found in back yard @ mom's house. Mama cat was ran over.. about 6 weeks old)
Fuzbug - Very fluffy tortus shell (brother to above cat)
Boxer - Looks just like Fuz (8months old now)
Spaz - Well she is a cross between calico, tortus and any other cat you can throw out there. Sister to above cat.
Biscuit - Approx 1.5 years old (maybe) Simese white and tan. ( he was tossed to me at a business showing. Came with burned rear end and burnt whiskers) He is the newest addition to the family and is coming around.

Anabell my dog was a 'guard' dog for the school bus company I used to work for. She was not a guard dog but a puppy who loved attention but got kicked around by a lot of the employee's. Well company decided they didn't want her and instead of her going to the pound she is here.

Anyway I have animals.. At one point we had 5 guinea pigs as well.

But I have found a product that helps me manage all the pet hair in the house AND on the animals in one.

FlyLady.net: FlyLady's Rubba Scrubba!!

This little guy allows me to brush my cats. Including there faces which they absolutly love. And pick up the hair on my furniture. It is awsome! Comes in purple with a gray handle. Now not only can I clean my cats and furniture with it. I can also scrub my floors,base boards, window panels.
I love this little tool.

They also have this same little scrubby in a bigger broom type feature. Its great for going over my floors after winter and the animals shed to the point it can clog my vaccum cleaner. Its great for cleaning ceilings, walls, cob webs. Scrubbing the bathroom tile floor. Heck it even works on out door windows as it comes with a squiggy on the other end.

If you ever want a dusting rag. They have some that work wonders on dusting picking up the cat hair and they are washable. A little on the high priced end. BUT THEY WORK.

NOTE: I don't work for fly lady. Just been using the products for some time. I know how cleaning can be a hassle and these guys have some awsome advice. As they are just normal people. Doing normal every day jobs and know what working women need around the house.

aa6660

Oct 6, 2009
Texas
Finally! Someone who has more animals that I do! We ONLY have 6 cats and 3 dogs!!

Mason & Nicolas are tabbys that are around 8 years old that I found at around 4 weeks old in a rainstorm; Vixen is around 6 and is a black manx with a tail, Peyton is a classic tabby around 5 (unfortunately, his littermate Preston passed away while being groomed at the vets office at the age of 2), and then Morgan a tabby and Seely a calico are the youngest of the bunch at around 3 years old. Aside from Mason & Nicolas which I found, all the others were adopted from our shelter.

For the dogs, we have Maddox who is a boxer (only animal we purchased). He is around 6. Then we have Bailey who is a cross between a lab and a golden retriever. I think he is around 4. We intercepted him when he was about 4 weeks old on his way to being dumped at the pound (or worse). And finally we have our min pin who was the runt of the litter and adopted by a very violent couple. They were a relative of the breeder. The breeder showed up one day and found the puppy shivering and covered in spaghetti with glass all over the place after the couple had gotten into a fight and thrown the supper dishes at each other. She took the puppy back from the couple and gave her to the apartment manager at our old apartment who was next on the list to get a puppy from the next litter. Unfortunately, the manager's chihuahua did not get along with the minpin. She knew we were animal lovers and called us late one night to see if we would take her in. We couldn't help but say yes. She chattered the whole way home, so we named her Gabby. She is about 2 now and almost always attached to me. She made it to a whopping 5 pounds, but she bosses the boxer and the lab around just fine!

And of course there have been some other "rescues" we have made. A beagle from my husband's grandmother that we kept for a year or so. Then my parent's beagle passed away and their other dog became very lonely and depressed. We took Cameron out to their house and the life came back into their other dog. She has been a happy dog living out on 100 acres ever since then. We still see her a few times a month.

Also took in a min shnauzer once that acted like an alligator. When we arrived to pick him up, he was covered in urine because he was left in a small pet taxi for 12+ hours a day. No wonder he misbehaved!! Tore us to pieces, tore our boxer's lips to pieces (boxer just took it). Lots of attention and behaviour correctly with bitter sprays, muzzles, etc., and he finally calmed down a bit. Eventually found people that raised min shnauzers to take him for a forever home.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
We has a Kobe...
That is what my son says- my oldest at that
he has his phone personalized with "I has a Kobe"
Kobe is a Shiba Inu
He is about 11 mos now- Love him to death- he is a pure character!
Before him we had a Papillon that we had for just short of 2 years and he passed - one day he got out (he did often) and apparently got into "something" - the next day he was just acting real lethargic and no real liveliness which was strange for him- I accounted it to him being tired (first time he got out and stayed gone all night)- I figured he had "got some" and stayed out all night- we were ecstatic to see him the next day at the porch when the kids got up- I went to work and my son called me that he wasn't moving... okay, I am not going to cry- it took us 2 years before we considered Kobe- I still thought it too soon but Kobe has fit in w/ us quite nicely- He acts just like a cat- well then again he acts just like one of the kids... LOL
Other than that we have had cockers all my life and quite some time back we had 2 cocker brothers that we had for 4 yrs before having to find them new homes due to moving- we rented back then and couldn't find a place that would let us keep them- It killed me to give them up- AND we ended up having to seperate them too- That was hard...
I don't envy you guys w/ the multiple animals at once though- Hard work to keep up with all of their needs... and the kids too- WOW!

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
Its not so bad. They are part of our family and spoiled worse then the kids. All of my furbabies are indoor. The dogs I keep outside. Snickers my rat terrier is just that a terror. She tore the house to pieces.. LOL She got prego some how. And ended up with 5 babies. Well the vet refused to help her deliver. I finally threw a huge fit and he did a c-section. We lost all but one. And that is Scooby. He is a great guy. But another handful.
Anabel is a mix of something. LOL Lab, chow, boxer maybe. I'm not sure she is medium size blonde square nose purple tongue. She is a great dog. An even better watch dog. She doesnt bit but boy does she bark.

We are building a 10x10 out door cage for my furbabies. They already have a small cage. But since we have added 3 cats this year alone they need something bigger. And we are going to build then a lot of things to play with. Along with a grass/sand floor.
It will have to be set in concrete because of the coyote's and other things wild around here. Including owls, roadrunners, etc. They love to grab cats for a snack.

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Allestaria - Thanks for the info on the Flylady rubber brush! :) Going to have to try that... as hair is always a battle here with our dogs... plus I have a dog grooming shop (home based) and am always dragging hair in from my shop! :rolleyes:

We have Lucy, a blind Jack Russell Terrier (she even has her own web site: Blind Dogs.net - Where dogs see with their heart! ;)) and a sweet little Toy Rat Terrier named Holly.

Here is a picture of my girlies from Halloween last year!

cowgirls_print.jpg

Last edited:

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
A chicken and a duck?!

I can only image what that was like. Though I would be running the other way from a chicken. Oh I dislike chickens...

My parents when I was very little like 2 bought some chickens. Well it turned out they were fighting chickens. They HATED me. Dad used to have to carry me outside the fence because they would come and attack me. Not my brother or my parents but me...
/shiver

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
Allestaria, am sorry for your experience with the chickens..:( I've always had barred rocks and they have been the sweetest girls, feel lucky I got such a sweet group of roos wich I didn't expect, very cuddly affection breed so far.. I love how the roo's jump up at my feet so I will pick them up and carry them around with me.. Always suprised how much I fell in love in getting birds and fowl, I didn't expect enjoying them so much.. and they all love to talk talk talk.. First ones to come and find me when they need something or give me the list of complaints lol lol ....

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
Maybe the fighting chickens seen me as the perfect snack. I'm not sure.. lol

ahh How sweet. The only bird I ever owned I won from my teacher in 6th grade. A pair of finches. Oh those birds loved me a ton. When I got married and moved out of my parents house. They passed away the very next day. Before I could go back and get them. I could never understand why. Except that was the first night I wasn't home. And I guess they didn't like the change. I don't know. I had had them for 10 years though!

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
lol my little runt girl chicken was winning lol.... Boy animals don't have a chance around girl animals... all females have that natural exploding can of whoop .... in our pockets... I know Sirius one of my GSD males,, was hanging out and got too close to one of my chickens little chicks and he stopped to look at the new little ones.. Man oh Man oh Man... Momma bird let loose on him, 94lb gsd to a 7lb momma bird ... it wasn't pretty for Sirius he didn't stand a chance and he didn't see it coming...:)

Mingolvr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Davie, FL
Allestaria, you are a life saver!!!

We just moved into a new home wit a screened porch. I bought 4 chairs with bright red cushions and a pet door...BAD IDEA....

With 4 cats and the dog, there is fur EVERYWHERE! I'm so sick of dragging the Dyson out there to clean them off, and the animals LIVE on the porch (and the chairs of course!)

I think you pointed me in the exact direction I needed! I ordered one already!

Kisses hon, you deserve them from me!

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
It works great for getting around things. I used it this past weekend to get dust that got into my mom's stucco type walls. It got all that dust that gets into all the little holes, cracks and bumps that you can't use a normal rag for.
I used it on the base boards to get the hair that the vaccum cleaner can't reach.

I scrub my sink with it. Use it on all my chairs, tile, walls.

Now if you need something to clean and pick up hair get their purple rags.
I know people with indoor pets understand others will go ewww. But I get cat hair on my stove and for some reason my microwave. These rags are smooth on one side (great for dusting) On the other side have raised fibers. Well those raised fibers get the hair off my stove and microwave. Get dust and clean counters. LOVE THEM.

Though now its turning into a war. When I pull it out to defur my couch. I have to brush a cat. I cant get a job done without my big Fuz begging to be brushed.

So far the only thing I have gotten that I'm not to thrilled about is the "dry mop". It does get the dirt,hair and such off the floors. It just doesn't do cornors very well. But I've also only used it once.

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
Hey ladies.. Had to show em off (figured posting here would be better than starting a whole new thread)... took this pic a little while back but forgot to add it to the forum, then my phone got stolen, and just got the pics sent back to me. Cali's about 20lbs bigger (none of it being fat) since I took this. But it'll put some faces to the "killer" pooches I'm always on about :D

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...li-about-20lbs-bigger-now-almost-big-coco.jpg

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...t-obvious-she-wants-bone-under-camera-lol.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread