To those shops who hide their out of stocks (rant!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlfyB

Jun 9, 2014
Dushanbe
I'm so angry this afternoon. :mad:

For the past couple of weeks, I've been looking for my first 22mm full meca. There's a lot of choice out there, tons of models that draw my interest. But going from shop to shop, it turns out, a big bunch of their inventory is listed as out of stock. Not at first though: often you'll have the page with all the mods and prices, and only when going to the page for that mod will you see it's not available.

Some shops are particularly vicious: you get the large picture of the mod, the description, the characteristics, maybe a list of content, and all the way at the bottom, the dreaded red sign. Some will let you save your email so they can let you know when the product is back in stock: these are big liars, those mods are never coming back, except as clones.

To all those shops, I'm telling you: I hate your guts. You think it makes your shop look good, as if you had a great inventory. You think that if can't get what I came for, I might go for another model. Well, you're wrong! When I feel bad, when you frustrate me, I don't feel like buying anymore. And when your shop comes up a few times over a few different searches, I notice: you will never get my business!

Label your mods clearly so I don't click on a product thinking you have it. Don't mix out of stock and available, put the out of stock at the end of the list. Better, out of stock should be in a different section altogether, if really you want to show off. Better still: just remove the darned stuff from your website!!!!!

Sorry for the rant. I feel better. :p

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
Yes, it is a pain. I go to google to find who carries the mod, go to the site and see all about it, click on 2 or three other pages and only then find out they don't have any in stock.

It is also an advertisement for clones. I remember spending weeks trying to fond a real stingray. Literally hours spend over several weeks scouring the web looking for one. Finally gave up and found a clone the first place I looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread