Status
Not open for further replies.

FogHawg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
KY
Those who might've compared, what is the difference in flavor between ECX tobacco Express 'tobacco Additive' & Perfumers Apprentice 'tobacco Absolute'? I have a bottle of the Additive & am not so fond of it, although honestly I may be over-doing it, so more experimenting is in order. I'm just curious if the Absolute is similar in application/flavor?

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I could be wrong, but to me Tobacco additive sounds like something you would add as a note to an already existing tobacco mixture whereas Tobacco Absolute would be the base of the tobacco mixture. I also believe that Tobacco absolute is actually extracted from tobacco leaves. It's very strong but does require a long steep time, at least in my experience. (the absolute)

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I've never tried the ECX Tobacco Express so I can't answer on a comparison but I do have the tobacco blend from TFA. It's made from absolute and em (in pg) and (imo) makes a good additive to other 'backy' mixes but doesn't stand on it's own to my taste buds at least. It has a strong 'hay' or 'grassy' note that I like to have present, but in very mild amounts.

Note that I called it hay or grassy because I've heard others call it that. They're not the best terms imo but I can't think of any other terms lol.

It sounds like the Express might be a similar flavor and might be ok to add a drop or two to other mixes.

Last edited:

psycheval

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
Forget
Those who might've compared, what is the difference in flavor between ECX Tobacco Express 'Tobacco Additive' & Perfumers Apprentice 'Tobacco Absolute'? I have a bottle of the Additive & am not so fond of it, although honestly I may be over-doing it, so more experimenting is in order. I'm just curious if the Absolute is similar in application/flavor?

Tobacco Blend (PG) TFA is really not made for standalone tobacco flavor. It adds too. It brings throat hit and acid feel in the mouth like a real cigarette or as close as it can come. I use it as a tobacco base to flavors I want tobacco hit in but not to dominate(no other tobacco flavor). Which is all my mixes except the ones that have a tobacco flavor. Then I use it for the same reason with a tobacco flavor because some of them are lacking in those same areas as non-tobacco flavors. Some are not though. Some tobacco flavors already have a pretty good amount of TA in them. Some don't. You have to sample. I only have 2 tobacco flavors I don't add Tobacco Blend to. Everything else gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread