The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tobacco Additive vs Tobacco Absolute?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FogHawg, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FogHawg

FogHawg Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2013
    KY
    Those who might've compared, what is the difference in flavor between ECX Tobacco Express 'Tobacco Additive' & Perfumers Apprentice 'Tobacco Absolute'? I have a bottle of the Additive & am not so fond of it, although honestly I may be over-doing it, so more experimenting is in order. I'm just curious if the Absolute is similar in application/flavor?

2. jcal

jcal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2012
    nj
    Hi foghawg I tried ecx tob additive in my ry4 @5% Caramel @3.5 % vanilla @ 2 %and almond @1 and it's pretty good .try it that way

3. FogHawg

Feb 9, 2013
    KY
    That sounds like a nice recipe jcal. What % of the additive?

4. watson_5

watson_5 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2013
    United States
    I think it means "tobacco additive" @ 5%, "Caramel" @ 3.5%, "Vanilla" @ 2%, and "almond" @ 1% and is named "ry4"

5. FogHawg

Feb 9, 2013
    KY
    Oh, I got it. TY watson. I've been using way less than 5% in my mixes & it has seemed too much. I guess maybe I just don't care for this one. Do you know if the Absolute is a similar flavoring?

6. Rin13

Rin13 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    Ohio
    I could be wrong, but to me Tobacco additive sounds like something you would add as a note to an already existing tobacco mixture whereas Tobacco Absolute would be the base of the tobacco mixture. I also believe that Tobacco absolute is actually extracted from tobacco leaves. It's very strong but does require a long steep time, at least in my experience. (the absolute)

7. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    I've never tried the ECX Tobacco Express so I can't answer on a comparison but I do have the tobacco blend from TFA. It's made from absolute and em (in pg) and (imo) makes a good additive to other 'backy' mixes but doesn't stand on it's own to my taste buds at least. It has a strong 'hay' or 'grassy' note that I like to have present, but in very mild amounts.

Note that I called it hay or grassy because I've heard others call it that. They're not the best terms imo but I can't think of any other terms lol.

It sounds like the Express might be a similar flavor and might be ok to add a drop or two to other mixes.

8. psycheval

psycheval Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2013
    Forget
    Tobacco Blend (PG) TFA is really not made for standalone tobacco flavor. It adds too. It brings throat hit and acid feel in the mouth like a real cigarette or as close as it can come. I use it as a tobacco base to flavors I want tobacco hit in but not to dominate(no other tobacco flavor). Which is all my mixes except the ones that have a tobacco flavor. Then I use it for the same reason with a tobacco flavor because some of them are lacking in those same areas as non-tobacco flavors. Some are not though. Some tobacco flavors already have a pretty good amount of TA in them. Some don't. You have to sample. I only have 2 tobacco flavors I don't add Tobacco Blend to. Everything else gets it.

9. FogHawg

Feb 9, 2013
    KY
    They sound very similar so I'll prolly pass on trying the absolute for now. Thanks everybody.

10. jcal

jcal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2012
    nj
    yes that's correct .sorry for the confusion fog. thank you watson

11. FogHawg

Feb 9, 2013
    KY
    5% Additive...that must be a STRONG vape!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.